ForumsThe TavernWhy Trolls are Trolls, a Study by Valkyrie

64 12821
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

"Why Trolls Are Trolls"
a study by valkyrie1119

I have done a simple study and analysis of the brain of a troll. I have discovered the source of their trollish behavior, and would like to share it with the rest of you.

Now, take a look at a picture of the average human brain.

Average Human Brain

http://universe-review.ca/I10-39-brain2.jpg

Now, take a look at the picture of the average troll brain.

Average Troll Brain
http://medirec.ncvc.go.jp/cgi-bin/get_file?FILE_NAME=S2004081257570001.jpg

As you can see, there has been severe damage along the outer areas of the brain. This damage has resulted in a psychosis I call "Trolishness," an over stimulation of the cerebral cortex causing the brain to be overwhelmed with messages from the nervous system. This psychosis has also been known to cause fugues of amnesia, where the troll forgets who he is and what he is doing, resulting in more aggressive trollish behavior. Considering the symptoms of trollishness are quite clearly expressed in their behavior, it seems they have no control over it.

With that, there are several procedures you can follow to make the troll a negligible variable:

Ignore the troll. This has been proven to be the best technique since the over stimulation and the psychosis require an unending diet of attention, and have grown to have it become a vital need in order to survive.

Report the troll without attracting its attention. A quiet conference with a moderator or a simply click of the flag button shall suffice.

Try to think like the troll. Because the Trolishness has complete dominance over the troll's behavior and though process, understand that the troll is in a difficult position in terms of mental status. Understanding the difficult mental process the troll is undergoing can result in both sympathy and empathy for the troll.

This concludes my study.

• 64 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

This is very, funny. I am not being sarcastic.

The trolls are smarter than you.

They are.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

but AG just has a case of a bored teenager, nothing smart in that.

Ah, yes.

Some trolls really are smart. Their schemes sometimes manage to effective disrupt the order of the sites that they target.
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

You don't need a big *** essay on how to deal with a troll, you are giving them exactly what they crave, attention. Thank you for dooming us all.

It was supposed to be funneh -.-

Oh and thanks for being smart by almost making a duplicate thread, minus the brain pictures.

This is how to handle a troll.

/thread

Because this has just been going soooo well for the newbies now hasn't it?
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

So what's the difference?

This one has a calmer approach to trolls, and it's fun to read ^_^
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i dislike the notion of an overstimulated cerebral cortex leads to a destroyed brain. as you can also see in the 'troll brain' the corpus callosum has been seemingly torn apart by human hands. on the left side of it you can see your temporal lobe is completely squished by an impact or something. and finally blood is red in contact with air and the 'normal brain' is just drawings.

it would've been more amusing if you diagnosed 'trolling' as a damaged hippocampus.

good job at ignoring them with this thread.

/rant

valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

Thank you for dooming us all.

You know you just made yourself a true nerd, by saying that we're doomed on a flash games site. Honestly, it's not like we die or anything. And no, I haven't doomed us all. And no, it isn't giving 420 what he craves. This is a message telling him and other trolls that we know how to deal with their kind and that I think they have severely damaged brains.

on the left side of it you can see your temporal lobe is completely squished by an impact or something

Oh come on! It was a joke! No need to take it so seriously Mr. Anti-Humor.
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

Wow, I can't believe such an innocent joke has turned people into aggressive morons who think I've doomed the site and have given trolls what they crave. Screw the trolls! The only people who could crave this are geeky nerds who love attention.

windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

Did You honestly Just make ANOTHER thread about how to handel a troll? Serioulsy it is not needed, and there are many mroe like this. Secondly that brain was nasty. Is that a picture of your brain?

Looks like a smoker's brain.

Anyways. Honestly. This topic is fail, I mean the amount of actual spam these forums get compared to the bigger ones is tiny.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, I can't believe such an innocent joke has turned people into aggressive morons who think I've doomed the site and have given trolls what they crave. Screw the trolls! The only people who could crave this are geeky nerds who love attention.

Also, THAT is why you should not have made this thread. way to t troll, and not ignore any one here. Hypocrite
Green12324
Green12324
4,099 posts
Peasant

Did You honestly Just make ANOTHER thread about how to handel a troll?

No, he didn't. He made a thread that was supposed to make us laugh. It's not his fault if you take things too seriously.
SwordAndShield
SwordAndShield
567 posts
Nomad

The brain is obviously not a true troll brain. This is very rude. The trolls might be trolls, but they still have feelings. (maybe not 420 but n e way) Really should've made a little nicer thread. Good thread though.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

We do need a thread entirely devoted to 420.

SwordAndShield
SwordAndShield
567 posts
Nomad

Why? He is a troll not a hero.

ShylaGirl92
ShylaGirl92
671 posts
Nomad

Why? He is a troll not a hero.

yea but he is really kinda awesome, & really funny 2
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

No, he didn't. He made a thread that was supposed to make us laugh. It's not his fault if you take things too seriously.

Thank you for your support!

You're taking this way to seriously. It was a little joke! Of course the pictures aren't real. Of course they're smart and have feelings. I'm just saying that no one is incorruptible when it comes to the things that boredom inspires. Please, do not be offended. I'm just a stupid kid who just wanted to make people laugh for once. I guess I've failed.
Showing 16-30 of 64