ForumsWEPRAthiasts

29 7945
Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

IDK much about this but its a never heard of topic so I will try it out. When they die they think they become trees right? What else do they do?

• 29 Replies
Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

I guess this is not a HOT TOPIC for the forums...

Zarzima_2112
Zarzima_2112
22 posts
Nomad

yes. it sure is not a good topic. .lol.

~zarzima~

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

As an atheist I affirm the nonexistence of gods. I am quite skeptical of supernatural beings - I cite a lack of empirical evidence.

But without stealing SwitchFoot's stolen ideas from Wikipedia I will say that atheists do not come back as trees. Just like the rest of you, atheist cease to exist when they die. Besides that, atheists don't do much else besides write an occasional book here and there. Some of them try (unsuccessfully) to disprove god, but you can't prove that something doesn't exist.
Other than that, it's been said that gathering together atheists is much like herding cats. I don't take offense to that because I don't want to be herded

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Very well put. I, on the other hand, am a wobbler. I teeter around on spiritual views, really coming to the conclusion that no one really knows. So, I came out Agnostic. Which is different from Atheism, but not really a Theist.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

That was an excellent way to put it, Moegreche. That is why I think you hold a good conversation: even though you don't believe in a god, you admit you cannot disprove the idea since you cannot prove that something doesn't exist, just as I will admit that I cannot totally disprove evolution, since I was not around at the beginning of time to see what happened.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Pfft. Moe stole my impending thunder. And Asherlee is still an agnostheist. I copyright that word, by the way.

I am an atheist, and am more or less along the same tracks as Moe. Even though I can not disprove something that can not be proven in the first place, I hold firm to my believes. Just as long as someone does not bring up the "Well, you can not see air but you know it is real" argument, I am fine. If they do, I tend to get a bit snippy.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Haha yes I agree, Devoidless, that whole "can't see air but it is there" (no pun intended) is a very stupid argument, and only put foward by Christians who are ignorant and do not have enough information to defend their beliefs.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

i personaly am an atheist and do not belive in god, but am stuck in the bible belt (ive mentioned it before), and so im forced to go to church, and so i know alot about chirstianity, and i think it is just a bunch of people trying to act smart, not saying they arnt.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

"Well, you can not see air but you know its real". [Yes, I have infringed the copyright law, as I'm sure anything you say is more or less copyrighted]
Snipper-On, Devoidless. xP

What I can't see is, if you don't believe in god -- then you have nothing to look up for, right? So, Just, as a random question -- If hard times fell upon you, what would you look up to? I mean, you have no faith to guide you, and being alone even mentally is a horrible thing. So, just wondering, would you figure it as a "Deal with it" situation or what?

Honestly, Religion can't disprove science, as science is all facts and theorys. The theories parts aren't proven. Now, if your an athiest that doesn't have anything to do in science, then, just out of curiousity, What or where do you think you came from? Unless, you believe that one day sundennly everything jus.. Poofed. o.o

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Armed_blade has an excellent point. If you don't believe in a god of any sort, what do you do when bad times come around? (because believe me, they WILL come around) Do you just say "toughen up" or "bad karma"?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I am man of science! Muahahaha. And food.

Atleast even with scientific theories, there is for the most part other facts that provide a background for the theories. You know one thing, notice something else related to it and ponder and poke until you get an answer.

If..pfft..when hard times fall on me(which seems to be a monthly ritual) I blame myself. You get as much out of life as you put into it.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

i say toughen up, and just get ready for an eternity of nothing

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

I am a fan of science and getting logically answers, but there are some things that science just cannot prove, and most people just need to accep that.

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

I'm an athiest, too, but being brought up Irish Catholic, I can't help but feel nostalgia for traditional practices as passed on by my mom, or the sense of concern she feels for me not praying. So cute! But seriously, I'm not as concerned with proving or disproving theism, as much as I am about the heavy hand of organized religion throughout the world. It seems like it has done more harm than good, in my opinion. I'm not against people organizing as communities to worship, but rather the idea of a hierarchy of leaders directing whole swaths of people on how they are to live their lives. Of course, this is not how every religion is set up, and not every practicing member blindly follows their leaders, but the people who do are the ones I worry about. :S

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

So, Aethism gets its main strenght from evolutionism. Evolutionism = Theori. Evolutionism comes from other theori's, expeccially fossils.

Therefor, Are you here to tell me... That a bunch of fossils and other thoughts are enough to switch ones mind from religion to no god and back up the logic required for it to be anywhere near so?

PUFF. >.>

Garifu, thats a problem thats turned out in Christianity for a long time. Instead of reforming the church, it is believed it will be cracked. And so, without the reform, people see it as "Believe it or nothing" and "Or burn in hell". So you have a problem. I'd explain, but I must eat, or else. >.>

Showing 1-15 of 29