Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is it Rap music or just Crap music?

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 2, '08 at 6:58pm

Crunk88

Crunk88

126 posts

I like rap, i know ALLOT of it is trash and should of never been aired or even made. But the inspirational stuff is really awsome, like Tupac.

I just want to hear what you people have to say. this time i wont try to insult people and make them cry.

Posted Apr 2, '08 at 7:27pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

930 posts

actuly i think i already made a post just about the same as this one.

Posted Apr 2, '08 at 7:29pm

Crunk88

Crunk88

126 posts

well sorry im not gona bother going through 200 topics.

Posted Apr 2, '08 at 7:30pm

daswiftarrow

daswiftarrow

930 posts

haha its not that far back i dont think, but i dont really care

Posted Apr 2, '08 at 7:33pm

Sting

Sting

339 posts

Personally, I find it hard to consider most rap even music.  It is just some guy talking in rhythm, but it does not take any voice talent or instrumental talent whatsoever.  I could be better than some of those rappers out there if someone gave me the lyrics to a rap song.

Posted Apr 2, '08 at 7:41pm

Crunk88

Crunk88

126 posts

That is true, they dont know how to play instruments, and neither do they make their own rhythms. I agree, but sometimes its pretty good weather or not they have. Whenever i listen to DMX: Lord Give Me A Sign, or Tupac: Changes i get inspired to do something good.

Posted Apr 2, '08 at 7:43pm

Sting

Sting

339 posts

I have never taken the time to listen to those songs, mainly because I usually have only heard some ignorant rap song by Eminem my cousin listens too, but I am sure some of the songs are alright.

Posted Apr 2, '08 at 8:37pm

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

Okay this is in the WRONG spot, and I'm sure this has been done before. This will get locked.

But I still want to have my say. I think rap has only a few things that they talk about. Drugs, alcohol, sex, and that kind of stuff. I am a full out rocker, and rock talks about a wide variety of things. On a music view, rap is just a repetitive drum line and the chorus is usually repeated a million times. Rock has solos, riffs, bridges, a variety of verses, etc.

Posted Apr 2, '08 at 9:19pm

steevo15

steevo15

1,507 posts

I completely and WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with XCoheedX

Posted Apr 2, '08 at 9:21pm

Moegreche

Moegreche

2,780 posts

Hm, yes.  Continue this topic in the Music section... in fact I think there's already a thread there about rap as daswiftarrow pointed out.  Thanks!