88 posts
Nomad

i think the most over rated game was street fighter 4

• 202 Replies
lightcrux
lightcrux
622 posts
Peasant

I'm quite surprised no one mentioned Crysis. Sure it had over-the-top graphics, ludicrously intelligent AI* and it was highly anticipated but after assimilating some knowledge I'd only come to realise that the game had a cliched story and an overly repetitive gameplay. I my opinion Crysis (not warhead) is the most over-rated game.

*Note the paradox.

monkeysateme
monkeysateme
98 posts
Nomad

Modern Warfare 2 is overrated because it is not nearly a good a game as Call of Duty 4. Some of the maps are way too big.

The game is dominated by Assault Rifles. You can't really use sub-machine guns. You just get dominated.

Also, Modern Warfare 2 didn't add anything new to Call of Duty. They made Pro Perks and more attachments. That is boring. Why is there not a character creation thing where you create a character and you can level up and unlock new gear for your soldier.They don't have to give you bonuses but it would be cool to customize and show off stuff you earned.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Modern Warfare 2. When did war ever become fun???

lightcrux
lightcrux
622 posts
Peasant

As with the others above, Modern Warfare 2 is another instance of an over-rated and over-hyped game. It wasn't as enriching as MW and it certainly stands no where close to BC2.

docutzi
docutzi
5 posts
Nomad

I don't like this game

Chozo1992
Chozo1992
78 posts
Farmer

1. WoW
2. Halo 3
3. Fable

stealthturtle
stealthturtle
11 posts
Nomad

the best game ever is my cat

ShadowWave
ShadowWave
482 posts
Nomad

why does everyone hate World of Warcraft +.+

I like it!

Defiler
Defiler
3 posts
Nomad

Final Fantasy 7, dont get me wrong it is my favorite FF game, but they tried to pull stuff out of that game that i didnt even know was possible, i mean they made Crisis Core (which was actually good imo), and Advent children. I think that it should have been up to the gamer's imagination to decide what happened after the end. and the worst part part is Dirge of Cerberus...a 3rd person shooter...i rest my case. All in all though FF7 was a great game, just a lot of unneeded "sequels" and &quotrequels"

Defiler
Defiler
3 posts
Nomad

I have noticed a lot of you say WoW. Im guessing thats because they advertise using different famous people and (the Ozzy Osbourne one is awesome check it out) and some strange (MOUNTAIN DEW GAME FUEL!!!) commercials

WoW Ozzy comemrcial: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT8maUTzE48&feature=PlayList&amp=C1AEA63E0F4E090B&amplaynext=1&amplaynext_from=PL&index=9]

WoW Mountain Dew commercial: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRwNr9gp1jo]

p.s. sorry if i did the links wrong im new to this

dnedbr
dnedbr
55 posts
Nomad

Yeah Definitely Halo 3 for me

RugRat
RugRat
340 posts
Nomad

@Freakenstein, Dragonage Origins? Really? My 70 wasted hours says otherwise.

Now, for my over rated games list
1: Runescape (har har)
2: Wow (after the bc days........wotlk)
3: Halo (because it hasn't been bashed enough)
4: Borderlands (boooooooring alone, and you barely get any chances to read the quests during online games, so I miss out on this "epic" tale)

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

overrated? hmm

I would have to say fable. it was hyped so much.. but playthrough was incredibly easy.

Willsoccer725
Willsoccer725
56 posts
Nomad

Final Fantasy. I don't know if it's just me, but I find it incredibly boring and easy

lightcrux
lightcrux
622 posts
Peasant

I would have to say fable.

I completely agree with you. The Fable franchise was hyped so much but both turned out to be utter disappointments.
Showing 76-90 of 202