ForumsSupport Forum[Locked] Armor Games Account Search

66 25371
xShimmyx
xShimmyx
124 posts
Nomad

Sometimes I find myself looking for an AG-er. Well here is the answer if YOU have that problem too! An Armor Games Accounts Search!

Armor Games Account Search

Please take a look at this if you wanna find anyone.

• 66 Replies
xShimmyx
xShimmyx
124 posts
Nomad

Appreciate it Crimson. Anyways I did UPDATE the search engine so it'll only find users. It seems there are a few that existed in the past but never got attention. Now, Carlie wants myself and DDX, the guy who made 'Forum Search' to make a Joint Topic. I will find out what is going to happen next. Hopefully in the end this is stickied. Any questions you can post HERE or in my PROFILE. Thanks! http://armorgames.com/community/thread/3571085/forum-search

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

you dont need all those key words in your search because it doesnt even matter since you are already searching in the User section of armor games.

xShimmyx
xShimmyx
124 posts
Nomad

I apologize DDX for the mix up. Carlie SUGGESTED that I consult DDX about a joints topic. Well, if I knew what that was, I would be all for it. But its up to DDX...

supercoo222
supercoo222
1,270 posts
Nomad

this has been made before, but never stickied, it should be stickied finally.

Xaylay
Xaylay
13 posts
Nomad

I cant find me .

xShimmyx
xShimmyx
124 posts
Nomad

Xaylay
2 posts
Wood - Serf

I cant find me .

I JUST searched you Xaylay, and I found your profile!
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

That's pretty sweet. I always thought it would be cool to have something like that.

xShimmyx
xShimmyx
124 posts
Nomad

Thanks Ricador, I appreciate that!

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Well, sometimes I want to find a user on AG. Sometimes I would look around if he posted. It helps if you're looking for someone in THAT context, OR... If you remember a certain part of their name, you can type it in and ONLY profile accounts will come up. You can look around for the full player name, or, even sometimes below another players profiles there is a note saying that the person you might be looking for commented there. Then, if it gets you to remember the full name, you can type it in and voila! There he is. It helps if you need to contact someone.

-xshimmyx

ok, so obviously people have noticed the flaw in google custom search for accounts. Lets pretend I dont know who firetail madness is, I was reading someone's profile and saw the name firetail's profile, so I type in Firetail into the custom search, but his profile doesnt come up due to the fact that many people put that name in their profile.

the custom search needs to be refined to the point of ONLY searching a certain part of the page instead of the whole page. or only what comes after the "user" part after armor games.
I JUST searched you Xaylay, and I found your profile!

if you know the whole name, just type out as armorgames.com/user/****** where ******= username.

that is just my suggestion.
xShimmyx
xShimmyx
124 posts
Nomad

DDX, your idea of a 'REFINED SEARCH' does the same as mine. The ONLY thing different is that mine says armorgames.com/user and yours says
armorgames.com/*user*. Let me make a deal with you... YOU make the new thread with both your forum search, and my user search. Then, since you seem to be pretty good a Google custom searches, you tell me things I can add onto this search engine.
This is MY suggestion. Therefore we both win. You post the opening post with you forum search, then I post right away after with my user search post. Get back to me ASAP. and DONT make the new thread until I'm ready.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I'm happy now because I just searched myself again and found I have 24 pages of results.

hawkeye
hawkeye
243 posts
Nomad

Yeah they really should add this feature in Armor Games

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but when I searched myself, it just came up with my own profile and then 9 pages of links to everyone's profiles who's added me as a friend. Some I didn't even know about. I guess its handy for finding out who's added you as a friend?

For example, I've never heard of DemonGamer yet for some reason he's got me added as a friend...

Xaylay
Xaylay
13 posts
Nomad

Sweet I found me , this serch thing is awesome! Now i can find anyone I want... >

xShimmyx
xShimmyx
124 posts
Nomad

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but when I searched myself, it just came up with my own profile and then 9 pages of links to everyone's profiles who's added me as a friend. Some I didn't even know about. I guess its handy for finding out who's added you as a friend?
For example, I've never heard of DemonGamer yet for some reason he's got me added as a friend...

see! Its very helpful for that too, thanks jezz!
Showing 16-30 of 66