Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why a democrat should not be elected.

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 2:34pm

Ricador

Ricador

3,913 posts

Yes, Megamickel and No name.

That is so right.

I mean, we had solid evidence that one of the world's biggest terrorist leaders, linked with Al Quida, had weapans of mass destruction. You can just ignore that and let your people get blow to bits.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 2:34pm

Ricador

Ricador

3,913 posts

Correction *you can NOT*

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 3:44pm

garifu

garifu

172 posts

I thought it was well established that the threat of WMDs was fabricated. And once they found none, well then why not bring the focus back to the terrorists in AFGHANISTAN? That's where Al Qaeda was supposed to be at that time, and where Bin Laden was said to be cloistered.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 4:40pm

Crunk88

Crunk88

126 posts

you guys are so hung on terrorists that you sound like your against the whole world. terrorists are not a coolition or a group of people, the word terrorism has ovr 100 meanings. your government is terrorising you american people to be afraid of things that do not exist

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 4:48pm

garifu

garifu

172 posts

I don't know if that comment really aids in the discussion. Whether or not you call them terrorists, there are people who at one time had the means and the intentions to hurt innocent people in the U.S. and Europe (and the Middle East for that matter). They may or may not have the means, but they certainly have the same intentions (I can't imagine why that would have changed given world events).

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 4:52pm

Armed_Blade

Armed_Blade

1,564 posts

Truth to that, the CIA is alot worse than terrorists. They've proven it, along with blowing up a fat and large supply of oil in the 70's. They have more innocent lives and prisoners than any other organization.

Anyway, To be a terrorist is to use the act of force without a majority of your countries help, and then to use this force for a political common dream goal.

Terrorists will NOT be harbored in Iraq. After the devestation to the country, I hope their president will allow the capture of terrorists. If not, we go slap him in the face, not the poor people. Innocent lives die everyday, for what? To kill one terrorist in a home or one poor man that was unfortunate to be outside when troops started fire?. If Iraq cannot establish itself, then there is no way for Iraq to receive such power. Also, Muslim communities in England are treated poorly, due to the fact of the extra harbor of whites in comparison to blacks. [I've felt it too, I'd get along fine with an african american that isn't gangster or an Asian raced person than someone thats white]. Not tah say I haven't had a white friend, just saying I get along better.

And terrorists doesn't even work, as Garifu said it, were partying in Iraq while troop expectations are huge in the taliban. And where are they? [Guesses, anyone? Afghanistan..]

Dunno, It seems like were fighting a lost cause, it seems like were fighting a civil war for a country who can take care of it itself. It seems as though were spending cash on defence that doesnt' exist.

I would vote for a democrat for that, and also I know they will cut the defence budget after stopping the war. Clinton will kill the army, Barack Obama won't. ^^ He'll cut it down to troop expectations.

Obviously I can't vote yet. But its the support that counts. XD

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 5:04pm

redwinger333

redwinger333

356 posts

Here is my opinions why a democrat SHOULD BE ELECTED into office...
We need to pull troops out of Iraq. We never had any evidence to start a war anyways... We went hunting for WMD's that didnt exist,
(Do some research on the topic... the history channel had a great documentary a few months ago that showed one of the intelligence sources that just made up lies about a supposed "WMD facility" where trucks would drive in one entrance, pick up cargo, and leave... when UN agents arrived on the site... they found that it had only 1 entrance, and after some research found it had been abandoned for many years) and Bush just wanted to finish what his daddy started...
Our young men and women are dying in a foreign nation for the sake of terrible intelligence, and a president too blind to see that the war is grinding us to a halt. Our economy is on the verge of a great recession. Not much has been done to help it. This Economic Stimulus package isnt going to have any effect whatsoever... and with the war pumping hundreds of billions of tax-payer dollars, its no surprise we are struggling. Inflation due to the failing economy needs to be curbed. With gas prices at $3.50 a gallon, and diesel over $4, driving to work is absorbing so much of our paychecks that people are having trouble just living day to day.

ill just finish here before i make one giant never-ending rant....

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 5:09pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Typical liberal BS. I'm done with this thread before I start flaming people. I'm very passionate about why a democrat should NEVER be in office, and I'm not going to start my rant or else people WILL start crying and I'll risk getting banned.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 5:23pm

garifu

garifu

172 posts

Well, it's only as typical as is your conservative rhetoric.