ForumsSupport Forum[necro] Don't like ads? Don't click here!

385 124488
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

You are stupid.

Some of you stupid people do not understand how much money it costs to keep this site running. You have a even harder time understanding the complexity of Dan not having multiple money trees planted in his back yard beside his flying unicorns. Dan spends hundreds if not thousands making sure this site stays up and running for thousands of little children.

http://lh4.google.co.uk/charliechia/RwHQxG96fRI/AAAAAAAAAYo/od3WZw50cX4/s400/money_tree%20copy.jpg
This is not Dan, or his backyard.

Why do you like this site? Probably because it's very simple to register, join, login, play free games and talk to other kids. But this great and simple design didn't just appear. People were payed to design it, code it, and make so simple that a kid can come on and instinctively know what to do, making sure you have the best time possible, and this isn't cheap. At all. Not only does he pay coders/designers, but he pays game makers, quite substantial amounts of money to make the best games you all love. And he pays them a lot, if any of you pay attention you will know some people get thousands of dollars for a single game.

http://www.undeadreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/the_last_stand_2.jpg
This cost Dan thousands of dollars, and you pay $0 to play it.

But hey! All these great features, we must be paying a lot for this much free games, and user easy of access! How much? Oh wait nothing! But wait a second... let's do some off the top of my head math...

Dan + No User Fees = Expensive To Maintain Website

No that just doesn't sound around right. There must be a missing factor.

Dan + No User Fees + X = Expensive To Maintain Website

Now let's brain storm and see what X could be that keeps this site running, oh wait no I know, ads! So the equation goes like this:

Dan + No User Fees + Ads = Expensive To Maintain Website

Now in reality the equation is much more complex but we will keep it simple for you. But what happens if you take the ads away from the equation? It's like taking away the 4 from 4 + 2 = 6, it just won't make sense or work out. Which is why they exist.

http://tonova.typepad.com/thesuddencurve/images/2008/08/16/hillbilly.jpg
Average AG user trying to keep up with my math.

[quote]Don't worry guys, don't like ads? Use ad blocker! So cool!

Says 'Stupid Child A'
But aren't the ads there for a reason? Or why else would they be there?

Says 'Moderately Smart Child B'
Don't be stupid, ads are just there to annoy us, they don't mind if we block them, makes no difference!

Replies 'Stupid Child A'
Oh okay, I guess that makes sense Stupid Child A. Thanks for pointing that out to me, let's go whine about Sonny 3 and how it's taking forever just after Sonny 2 came out a week ago!

Says 'Recently Deemed Stupid Child B'
Yeah let's go!

Finishes 'Stupid Child A'[/quote]

By blocking ads to make your petty lives easier, you are making harder for Dan to keep the site running, because he gets less money because of it. You block ads and this makes him want to keep this site under his management less and less, because money will soon come out of his pocket, money he works hard for, and deserves to keep. By blocking ads you are ensuring that this site won't survive for long. You will keep whining that the site has ads until he can't afford to run the site and either:
A) Sells it off to someone who will change the site to your dislike.
B) Make the site pay-2-play, so you will all have to pay.
C) Close the site in it's entirety.

http://io9.com/assets/resources/2008/02/1984_movie_big_brother.jpg
The future of ArmorGames due to Ad-Blockers.

You whine, but you pay nothing. If you were all ready to pay money yourselves, then complain, but if you don't like the idea of a pay to view website, you better expect a few ads. Think of the ads as your donation/fee to Dan to keep the site up, by blocking them you are trying to view the site without even paying the little minuscule entrance fee.

I don't mind ads, but now they are popping up in front of my screen and on the sides of the site! Normal ones are fine but they are now literally littering my screen to a point where I can't navigate the site.

Would you like to know who is to blame? Yourselves. This is a direct consequence of all you stupid kids who block ads, and lose Dan money.

Lets say it cost 10 dollars to run the site(it's not $10, but just as an example to explain). And the ads pay for let's say 11 dollars.
This 10 dollars goes to maintaining the site, and the extra dollar is put aside to save up and make the site even better. This comes to us as additional content or upgrades to the site/forum.

Now lets say that the ads pay for 11 usually, but now because people are blocking ads, he only gets 9 from them instead of 11. So this means he can't afford maintaining the site, let alone adding new things to it! How can this be? He will need to find a new way to make up for the 2 dollars he loses because of kids like you who block, and how does he do this? He compensates for the loss by making the other users who don't block, have even more ads. Annoying ads that appear on the sides and even over the site are there because he needs those to compensate for the loss of money generated by those who block ads. So not only are you making more ads appear by blocking, but you are making sure that he can't make enough money to update the site. You all complain new features never come on the site, and that is mainly because all the money that WOULD go to updating AG goes right into maintaining the normal site, due to losing money from blockers.

http://xjtian94.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/internet-advertising.jpg
Frontpage of Armorgames if enough people start blocking ads.

I hope you stupid kids semi understand this, so that you stop blocking the site. Because you are the main cause of it's lack of updates and increased ads. So unless you have a check ready to be payed to ArmorGames every month to ensure it staying up, I suggest you shut up and live with the ads.

P.S. I said stupid 6 times in this, almost a personal record.
  • 385 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

[quote]Except Armor Games doesn't actually make money off the sale of the book.

So I had a point there?

Anyway, I reviewed my opinion on the adds thanx to this thread...

Still having fun on ArmorGames and that's the most important thing, right?

joao99
joao99
350 posts
Shepherd

I dont like adds but they are necessary for the survival of the site

obscuredemon
obscuredemon
1,426 posts
Nomad

Maybe AG should expand more into the App business, and maybe even Wiiware...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Uhm... could you explain the benefits of that? I don't see how this would 'save' money, it would only cost more... =S
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Uhm... could you explain the benefits of that? I don't see how this would 'save' money, it would only cost more... =S

Well actually making more Apps for the Iphone that can be sold would not cost them anything at this point to my knowledge since they are already in the business of developing for the Iphone, except of course paying the developer which they would be doing anyways with the games on the site. Of course only a few select games get turned into Iphone Apps, and even fewer are sold, but I don't know how many AG players have Iphones/Ipod Touches and would be willing to spend money on the apps for it to matter.
ArmorAnthony
ArmorAnthony
21 posts
Nomad

How much does it cost to keep it up then?

http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.armorgames.com

Says AG is worth 3.16 million and makes $4322.02 Daily which is around $129,660.60 a month.

I don't mind the ads if they don't lag me, but I hate when I'm playing a game and I clock off the screen to the bottom a little bit and a new page opens and then I die. D:

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Der stoopid cavman Moat likd jur rant Klausbear.
I don't mind the ads. I think the site is getting worse because the users are getting progressively dumber(not naming names).

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

The adds make the site better, not directly but the more money that the site has the more it can do.. look at google.. 1 share of google stock costs over $500. it has lots of adds.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I do agree with Klaus, but I recoil at his ballant disrespect with users. But that's what a enclyopedia dramatica article is all about.

Users should only block adds that cause personal offense to you or if you....*cough* use dial up. But the you shouldn't be here anyway since the games probably take you half an hour to load anyway.

Wiiware is highly unlikly.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

but I don't know how many AG players have Iphones/Ipod Touches and would be willing to spend money on the apps for it to matter.

I guess a lot of them do, since the Ipod/Iphones sell like crazy all over the world! So I see a point there!
I don't have one and I'm not interested in buying one in the near future, so that might explain why I'm not into that topic... :S

I don't mind the ads if they don't lag me, but I hate when I'm playing a game and I clock off the screen to the bottom a little bit and a new page opens and then I die

That I could understand and would find annoying as well, but I don't have any problems with it... it never happened to me... yet... =D
ArmorAnthony
ArmorAnthony
21 posts
Nomad

That I could understand and would find annoying as well, but I don't have any problems with it... it never happened to me... yet... =D

Ahh, lucky. It's not too bad I rarely do it.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

It's not too bad I rarely do it.

You rarely play a game and die? =D
YOU're the lucky one then!
joao99
joao99
350 posts
Shepherd

Adds really dont bother me...dunno why ppl bitx about it.
PPL nned to understand that nothing is free (well maybe air and sun...for now)...so this site needs MONEY to go on and that money comes from adds.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

PPL nned to understand that nothing is free (well maybe air and sun...for now)...so this site needs MONEY to go on and that money comes from adds.

Sad to say, people need te be reminded over and over... Some things are taken for granted and nobody realizes that nothing is for free nowadays, not even air and sun! Companies are already charging you for energy retracted from the sun and keeping the air free of pollution...

But hey! My smile is always free! =D
padpad1
padpad1
5 posts
Nomad

Muh ads arnt that bad ive clicked on a few me self im sure we all have

Showing 91-105 of 385