ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHalloween Armatar Contest! 1AP and 5AP armatars uploaded!

456 88521
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

Halloween is fast approaching, and it is time for a new armatar contest! You can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of Halloween. If it meets our quality standards, I will add it to the 1AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

There are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be Halloween themed.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing some creative new Halloween armatar ideas!

• 456 Replies
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

I know. I was looking for any criticism before I give my final copy(i.e. make it look better and resize it).

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Kirby, I like that lightning, can't do better myself, but I don't think it pertains to Halloween much. Maybe add something in front of the lightning. Like a ghost, jack-o-lantern, candy, or even a mask.

Whatever you want to add, add it, and if you don't want to add to it, then don't. It's all up to you.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

A heads up: I am working on uploading the first batch of armatars right now.

The new armatars from this year can be found under the 1AP section.

Last years returning armatars can be found under the 5AP section.

Have fun picking one out! =)

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Wow the old ones bring back memories for sure, and that was the first armatar contest correct? I didn't compete in that one, but if I get an idea I might try for this one.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Sahweetness! I remember those old days, lol.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Woot, my hand made it. I'm gonna try my hand at GIMP for my next one.

Pois0nWasHere
Pois0nWasHere
31 posts
Nomad

Huh. I didn't know strop was available as an armatar...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Huh. I didn't know strop was available as an armatar...

He made that armatar last year during that competition.
Pois0nWasHere
Pois0nWasHere
31 posts
Nomad

He made that armatar last year during that competition.

I see.

*gets to work on armatar*
trayzrulz
trayzrulz
677 posts
Peasant

I really like your orange one Kirby! I might just switch over... but me and the squirrel have been together a long time..I dunno if I can break it off yet!

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Man, I really liked my candy one. I thought for sure it would make it.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

The 5 AP ones are from last year, but my favorite isn't among them...

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Ok, now I want to criticism because I really want to get a halloween one in, it would be so awesome. I messed around with it a bit, tell me what you think.

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/choazmachine/Witchesrusspicedup.jpg

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I don't think words fit well for armatars...

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

That's what I told him, but I guess he doesn't understand.

I think the armatar would be good just with the logo directly in the middle and just a little larger.

Showing 31-45 of 456