ForumsWEPRSelling your soul

37 10944
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

I know that this is a weird topic, but I just wanted to see what's your opinion on this topic. For those who don't know, it's when you make some kind of crazy prayer thing and you basically give your life up to the devil. In this little contract that you make in the prayer, the devil allows you to become rich and famous, and he'll keep you alive until it's your time to die. Also, in exchange for all that, when you die, you'll have to go stright to hell.

The first thing that comes to my mind is if this even true?

Also, there's a couple of rappers who have done this and they put some messages in there songs to just thank the devil for their success. For example, I'm not sure if you guys have heard of that group named Three 6 Mafia, which the name is already a reference to the devil, and they've won a Grammy a while back, they have this one song, "Stay Fly", and during the chorus, you here somebody saying in the background, "Lucifer! Is my King!" It's not creepy sounding at all, but it's just creepy in general.

Well, I just felt like posting this because I wanted to know your thoughts on this topic.

• 37 Replies
Phluphyphill
Phluphyphill
25 posts
Nomad

well what i believe is that people may think they can sell thir souls but you get succes by putting your mind to something

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Yeah, that's what I think the right way to do it is, but I guess that selling your soul brings more success to you and for rappers being able to stay alive is a really good thing I guess. Also, I'll never sell my soul ever! I'll just stick to the good Ol' proper way in order to me successful.

ajmgan
ajmgan
78 posts
Nomad

huh i guees well wonder i anybody nos the prayer they shouldnt put it on lol

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well first off, I barely understood your post, so I suggest writng a lot better, and what do you mean by put it on? That makes no sense! Giving your soul up is not some kind of item that you wear.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

The Rolling Stones openly admit that they sold their souls to the devil. Which is really idiotic, since if you believe in the devil, you... kindof have to believe in God as well.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Haha, yeah that's true. Also, I haven't actually got to talk about if you guys think it's actually real or just complete coincidence? I'm just wondering about this because the people who do sell their souls, do become really rich and famous, so it just makes me think that it's real, but even if it is real, I still won't do it because it's not worth worshipping the devil and going to hell.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Sting, Theres a problem wif what you said. if you believe in the devil you do have to believe in god, but, for some strange reason you hate god. o.O Then, its perfectly coordinated with your weird beliefs.

I don't think its real, the only way to really do that is to be the worst person possible. Since your doing all the devli wants and going to hell. [Depending on your religious beliefs as a murderer and whatnot].

Yeah, You get 100 years or less of prosperity and then what? Burn on a log. xP

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I don't believe the devil exists. The whole concept doesn't even coordinate with Christian beliefs. At least Jews have it half way right.

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Actually, the devil is mentioned all over the Bible; maybe it does not coordinate with certain 'Christian' beliefs, but the Bible certainly states he is real. '... like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour'. Yeah, I do not believe that is figurative.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

The devil was created in the middle ages to scare the crap out of people. In return people burnt people at the stakes like scientists which were called wizards and witches back then..

I am a firm believer that it was Christianities fault for the dark ages and how bad it was. back then there were only Roman Catholics, and they made the rules and rewrote the bible alot of times.

Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

Im not sure if i believe in the devil, i have had a few dreams where i have met him and frankly he wasnt half bad.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

That quote about the devil could just as easily fit Dick Cheney.

Someone can not just sell their soul, even if you indeed believe that people have a soul. But I am sure that if you could...there would be a lot of lengthy paperwork with all sorts of jargon and fine print. Hell, after all, does have the finest crew of lawyers available.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

You serious...

For anyone confused easily, that was D.ick.

kthnxbye

Sting
Sting
266 posts
Peasant

Haha they blocked out his name. Anyways, you are right Crunk, it probably is the Catholic church's fault for the Dark Ages, but as I have said before I do not consider Catholicism to be true Christianity.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

If Satan was real, I would totally sell my soul for super awesome powers. As they say, better to reign in hell than serve in heaven!

Showing 1-15 of 37