Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Request Sticky Button

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 5:32pm

Jikek

Jikek

1,255 posts

well this is an idea that popped into my head when i was looking at the Regulars' Lounge. Cuz all i see is flag. So im pretty sure this has been thought of but i did not see any posts. so What do u think?

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 5:36pm

Tydus

Tydus

264 posts

1.  Thanks for posting in my thread!

2.  All of the mods and admins have userpages in which they can be contacted to suggest a sticky.  If we let the users themselves do it, there would be a large amount of people requesting themselves.   Also, as a general rule, sticky threads are only made by mods anyway.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 5:40pm

Jikek

Jikek

1,255 posts

yea but ive been on sites with a request sticky button. just cuz its requested does not mean it has to be stickied.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 5:41pm

Tydus

Tydus

264 posts

You're right, but it's also going to be more work for the mod team.

Now getting MERITS for helpful posts, that's a different thing and would probably be a really good idea.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 5:43pm

Jikek

Jikek

1,255 posts

yea but its just a little thing i thought should be suggested. i dont really care if it is made or not.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 5:51pm

Tydus

Tydus

264 posts

I'm not insulting your idea, it's just the point of this forum to get criticism.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 7:25pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Well, Jikek we review about 90% of the forum topics here and I can guarantee I've seen all the new ones from December til now. My point is that we would be aware of something that needs to be stickied. Do you something specific in mind?

A request sticky button would get cluttered with requests that would be denied.

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 7:45pm

Tydus

Tydus

264 posts

Can you sticky the Regular's Lounge.  =(

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 8:01pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

I've thought about doing that. Let me discuss it with the other mods.

side note...

it's taken me forever to type this bc i can only utilize one hand. my gf is painting my freakin nails!

Posted Apr 3, '08 at 8:02pm

Tydus

Tydus

264 posts

LOL, I guess that ruins my chances of you responding to my email...

Reply to Request Sticky Button

You must be logged in to post a reply!