ForumsGamesSteamID

7 2158
Flare
Flare
57 posts
Nomad

I've gone to quite a few people's profiles and for SteamID they don't have anything or if they do, it says something like "I like letting off steam."

I just want to say what Steam is.

Steam is an online video game, multiplayer, and communications platform devoloped by the Valve corporation. They distrubute and manage video games. Video games which vary from First person shooters to racing games. They have clients from big names like Rockstar (GTA series) and Eidos (Tomb Raider series) and independent game developers.

They don't advertise for that they own the titles like the Half-life series, Team Fortress 2 and Counter Strike. They don't really need to advertise for that they have many accounts and players up from people buying the retail versions of the games and the spread of word.

I might add more if people ask but this is merely an informational topic. Hopefully people will stop putting things like "Steam is hot and vapored water."

• 7 Replies
Flare
Flare
57 posts
Nomad

I don't want stupid posts like "Thanks this was much needed information." I don't care I just want people to know what Steam is.

Necrotic
Necrotic
195 posts
Nomad

It lets you play games on other computers if you log on with your Steam account and download the games you have already loaded on the computer where you installed the game. The games(I have seen) are mostly Valve related games like the Half Life series and other FPS games.

Necrotic
Necrotic
195 posts
Nomad

That is the function of Steam(just wanted to give mor info)

Flare
Flare
57 posts
Nomad

A little over-due but, thank you, Necrotic.

bestgamer123
bestgamer123
215 posts
Nomad

this should go in the tavern

machinechaos
machinechaos
54 posts
Nomad

Steam lets you download games and enjoy them, most you will have to pay for the original copy but you only get demo's of some games.

dogpup4
dogpup4
183 posts
Nomad

oh i wondered what it was
but this shouldnt be in games forum it should be in the tavern like bestgamer said

Showing 1-7 of 7