fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,937 posts

Practise makes perfect?

Posted Apr 3, '11 at 10:05am

Oplosthee

Oplosthee

29 posts

There needs to be a tutorial and something that says what direction to go, How can we reach level 2 if we dont know how to?

Posted Apr 4, '11 at 4:50am

plasmafish

plasmafish

259 posts

Crimson, thanks a lot for the input! I hope you like the rest of the game when you get around to testing it. Glad you like the sound effects and music, for now I think I will keep most of them how they are.

Fantasy, yes, practice makes perfect. The enemies are a little easy to avoid in the game but if you don't know where they are you are prone to running into them if you aren't shooting.

Opslos, I think if I had any more directions the game would be way too easy. You can reach level two by going to the left castle or the right castle in the first level. Once you reach the castle you run into the entrance and advance. From the second level on, going to the right will lead you in the right direction.

Posted Apr 4, '11 at 10:25pm

slashflame

slashflame

9 posts

It's...not terrible. The mechanics seemed a little strange, such as being able to jump up through solid blocks, and the graphics aren't fantastic, but overall a good start for a game. I also found it weird to shoot with the down arrow on top of a pipe, which would just suck me down rather than shoot. Also the guy was a bit big, and the goal of the game was somewhat unclear. Perhaps integrate the intro into the actual game? Anyway not bad, but could use a ton of work.

Posted Apr 5, '11 at 12:48pm

mysteriousmexican666

mysteriousmexican666

324 posts

This game needs work, but it's on the path of being awesome

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 1:14am

plasmafish

plasmafish

259 posts

Slash, thanks for the input! I know that you can jump upward through most of the blocks, but I decided not to use hitTest that way. I feel that the way it is now makes for a cleaner playing experience with the current level setups. Otherwise I will probably take your suggestion and do a intro integrated into the game that compliments the current interaction messages. :)

Mysterious, thanks for the support!

Posted Apr 12, '11 at 4:21am

Dannydaninja

Dannydaninja

980 posts

Nice work PlasmaFish! But It would of been cooler if it wasn't mario and it was like your a marine fighting aliens...

Posted Apr 14, '11 at 8:51pm

plasmafish

plasmafish

259 posts

Danny, thanks! I would fear that the game would become too much like "Aliens" then. :)

Posted Apr 14, '11 at 10:51pm

tegan190

tegan190

805 posts

Hahaha! I love his head!

Reply to Flash game test - BIG PROJECT

You must be logged in to post a reply!