Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Flash game test - BIG PROJECT

Posted Mar 27, '10 at 2:08pm

komputerkurt

komputerkurt

849 posts

dude....you joined just so you could add spam? congrats you're that guy.
LOL he totally did!
And yes I'd like to see this on AG.

Posted Mar 27, '10 at 2:47pm

gluesy

gluesy

68 posts

And yes I'd like to see this on AG.

To be honest I dont think this will be an actual game on AG. Mainly becouse it features ripped mario sprites and music which are copyrighted material.

Posted Mar 27, '10 at 5:26pm

rjbman

rjbman

219 posts

erm.... he could change em? if he wanted to. Then it wouldn't be.

Posted Mar 27, '10 at 6:20pm

gluesy

gluesy

68 posts

erm.... he could change em? if he wanted to. Then it wouldn't be.

True, he could

I think it would be better without the mario sprites

Posted Mar 27, '10 at 7:09pm

rjbman

rjbman

219 posts

Yeah, but (and Im totally guessing here) I think he did it because he wanted some flash experience, not for publication.

Posted Mar 27, '10 at 8:26pm

gluesy

gluesy

68 posts

I think Its good enough to be published somewhere and it would be a shame to see all that work go to waste. Even if you just put some mochiads in it and then put it up for distribution you have nothing to lose.

Posted Mar 27, '10 at 10:16pm

PixelSmash

PixelSmash

579 posts

Finally got around to playing your game plasma... looks quite promising! Although I'm on a laptop right now and it's a bit slow, it looks as though it's quite playable! And if you set it up more as a framework than a fixed game, you could really easily add / remove levels, artwork, etc... I'm keeping my eye on this one

Posted Mar 28, '10 at 12:51am

Gamemaster1494

Gamemaster1494

63 posts

You know. Really good job and idea. I love shooting rather than jumping on their heads. Nice touch. However, you should recalculate the blocks. I fall off them when i shouldn't. Also, I noticed that you can walk throgh pipes when walking to the left. You should fix that. It is a good game. Keep up the hard work. You may also want to up a bit on the thing that checks to see if an enemy has been shot. I shot a gomba, and it killed me! xD Also, for third level, change the music please.... xD Good game! 8/10. It's gonna be oo/1 when a bit more is done to it. Oh! One more thing. You should have a life system. Only one mistake is kinda hard. great job.

Posted Apr 12, '10 at 11:41pm

plasmafish

plasmafish

259 posts

Pixel, thanks for the input!

Gamemaster, thanks for the kind words. I know there are certain flaws in the game but I am not worried about it right now.

Posted Apr 15, '10 at 9:09am

Marcellino

Marcellino

5 posts

Here're my two cents:

Cent One: There are some definite clutter issues with the interface and HUD, especially on the instructions screen. Try presenting less, more concise information, and not all at once. The initial player response to a page full of text is, "I ain't readin' all this!" It's sad, but true.

Cent Two: In the future, refrain from using anything but original characters and artwork, simply because you're limiting yourself as an artist. Even if you can't draw worth crap, an original character who's just a block with eyes is 100 times more interesting that Mario. Since everyone knows how Mario games work, that builds up some expectation in your player, but since the game acts (relatively) nothing like a Mario game, there is some visual and operational discord. When I play a game that has that completely original feel, even if it's still standard platforming mechanics, I find myself more intrigued, and thereby more willing to play.

Reply to Flash game test - BIG PROJECT

You must be logged in to post a reply!