ForumsProgramming ForumFlash game test - BIG PROJECT

173 99912
plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

I worked on this game for quite some time. Probably a good 20-30 days of work on it. This is my first ever large scale game and has a functioning high score system by rankz.armorbot. (went down long time ago)

I didn't perfect everything yet but I am working on it so criticism is welcome. I am more worried right now about coding problems and glitches than making the jumping and collision detection perfect.

The game can be found here:
Super Mitchio

I also used a template from flashvillage.com to create a little movie about the making of the flash game and what goes into creating something like this.

The movie explaining the making of the game can be found here:
Making of Super Mitchio

If you get to check it out, let me know what you think.

• 173 Replies
mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
318 posts
Nomad

This game needs work, but it's on the path of being awesome

plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

Slash, thanks for the input! I know that you can jump upward through most of the blocks, but I decided not to use hitTest that way. I feel that the way it is now makes for a cleaner playing experience with the current level setups. Otherwise I will probably take your suggestion and do a intro integrated into the game that compliments the current interaction messages.

Mysterious, thanks for the support!

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Nice work PlasmaFish! But It would of been cooler if it wasn't mario and it was like your a marine fighting aliens...

plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

Danny, thanks! I would fear that the game would become too much like "Aliens" then.

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Hahaha! I love his head!

TikTokToo1
TikTokToo1
95 posts
Nomad

Its a strange game in many ways, but it's still a good start to flash.

plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

Tegan, thanks! His head has been enlarged from the previous version.

TikTok, thanks! Even though I have started other games since this project, it is still my first flash game of any type.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

So are you working on a sequel?

cobrakarate
cobrakarate
104 posts
Nomad

I found it quite fun.
I don't have nay advice though.
7/10

P.S. Hehe, song on Lvl 3 is on Crackdown 2. :P

plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

Danny, no I did not plan on making a sequel.

Cobra, thanks!

tool1996
tool1996
71 posts
Peasant

its a really good start man keep practicing and make more games they''ll get better along the way

dillsoccer
dillsoccer
147 posts
Nomad

its ok.I didnt really care for it.Whenever you get a mushroom nothing happens.Give it 7/10

Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

Nice game but never will be my favorite.

plasmafish
plasmafish
252 posts
Nomad

Tool, thanks! I have worked on some other games since, but haven't put them on the web yet.

Dill, the mushroom gives you 50 health, nothing more.

Xinito, no problem.

Stijn, thanks!

LennonTheMage
LennonTheMage
55 posts
Nomad

As a developer you need to learn to take criticism and move on. I noticed you weren't taking some of the negative comments very well.

For Example:
Yes, madman didn't necessarily use "constructive criticism", but he was honest about it and didn't put it into harsh words.

Making a comment like yours is fairly rude in itself and shows you can't take criticism.

Back to the game:

I thought it was fairly well made for your first project. One of the things I noticed you should change is how the camera works. It shouldn't be a completely different area and should scroll(follow the character) so that when you jump higher it doesn't just cut to the next scene.

Goodjob though.

Showing 121-135 of 173