Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

permission for addition to friends list

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 5, '08 at 7:11pm

DaMasta333

DaMasta333

408 posts

I just thought of this: instead of just adding someone just by clicking 'add friend', after clicking that the other player would have to agree. If they say no, he could not be asked by the same person for a certain amount of time(to cut down on harassment).

Posted Apr 5, '08 at 7:13pm

redwinger333

redwinger333

356 posts

that is a good idea... i can see it being annoying if someone you dont really know (or like for that matter) put you on their friends...

Posted Apr 5, '08 at 7:14pm

DaMasta333

DaMasta333

408 posts

by the way, redwinger, i added you.=)

Posted Apr 5, '08 at 7:18pm

RaptorExx

RaptorExx

2,330 posts

Normally someone tells you when they add you, but I never really see the point of adding someone when they don't know you anyways, or you not knowing them. There's not much harm in adding someone, and if you don't like them, it's not like you put yourself on that list.
As for the harassment, I think that's to the point where there's a problem and a Mod should be told because by that point someone constantly bothering you is a spammer most likely. Therefore there's no real reason for the 'adding permission', but I can see where you're coming from and it would be nice to know if someone would like to add you or not :O

Posted Apr 5, '08 at 7:19pm

DaMasta333

DaMasta333

408 posts

some people add others that they don't know just so that they can have a long friends list. If someone can be denied, that would cut down on that.

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 1:16pm

steevo15

steevo15

1,660 posts

I like this idea alot, i find random people adding me when i have never even talked to them on AG... Also i though of another idea

If two people are both friends then they would be able to private message each other, I think this would cut down on random people reading your conversations...just a thought

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 2:48pm

flappybob999

flappybob999

860 posts

I personally think you should make freinds with them before you actually add them. There is no point in just adding people just because you want someone to talk to to get points, but to actually have fun with the person you added.

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 3:46pm

The_Idea_Men

The_Idea_Men

115 posts

i dig where steevo is coming from, but youre getting complicated now. if nothing else a pm would be nice so they could give out AIM or other info they may not want shared with the group. but i completely agree to the mutual friending.

btw, i think all of you smell. no one add me as a friend.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 9:35am

Spartan

Spartan

2,924 posts

I talk to them for a while,so i know em a little bit.then i might add him/her

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 10:21am

Calm

Calm

981 posts

Knight

Well, to be frank, I personnaly don't care about being added as a friend, as long as I can choose wether to add people or not.
Why should we care about being added as a friend on somebody else's profile??