ForumsSupport Forumpermission for addition to friends list

14 3686
DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

I just thought of this: instead of just adding someone just by clicking 'add friend', after clicking that the other player would have to agree. If they say no, he could not be asked by the same person for a certain amount of time(to cut down on harassment).

• 14 Replies
redwinger333
redwinger333
339 posts
Nomad

that is a good idea... i can see it being annoying if someone you dont really know (or like for that matter) put you on their friends...

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

by the way, redwinger, i added you.=)

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Normally someone tells you when they add you, but I never really see the point of adding someone when they don't know you anyways, or you not knowing them. There's not much harm in adding someone, and if you don't like them, it's not like you put yourself on that list.
As for the harassment, I think that's to the point where there's a problem and a Mod should be told because by that point someone constantly bothering you is a spammer most likely. Therefore there's no real reason for the 'adding permission', but I can see where you're coming from and it would be nice to know if someone would like to add you or not :O

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

some people add others that they don't know just so that they can have a long friends list. If someone can be denied, that would cut down on that.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

I like this idea alot, i find random people adding me when i have never even talked to them on AG... Also i though of another idea

If two people are both friends then they would be able to private message each other, I think this would cut down on random people reading your conversations...just a thought

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I personally think you should make freinds with them before you actually add them. There is no point in just adding people just because you want someone to talk to to get points, but to actually have fun with the person you added.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i dig where steevo is coming from, but youre getting complicated now. if nothing else a pm would be nice so they could give out AIM or other info they may not want shared with the group. but i completely agree to the mutual friending.

btw, i think all of you smell. no one add me as a friend.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Well, to be frank, I personnaly don't care about being added as a friend, as long as I can choose wether to add people or not.
Why should we care about being added as a friend on somebody else's profile??

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Well mods only really add important people.Well I guess it is a good idea.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I think adding permission would be annoying because some of the members would probably get 20+ a day. Especially those in the top 10. Same goes for mods, we get random friend requests on our profiles often. I really only care about who I add to mine. Even then I forget that you can add friends and I just don't do it.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

This happens to me all of the time. I always get really annoyed when I link to a spammer's profile to report them to shops, and I am one of the first people on their friends lists. I think that the site should have a system like Digg, so it shows one way friendships and two way friendships.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

I only use the friend list as a shortcuk/bookmark to provide me with quick links to other important users/mods

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Yes SwitchFoot. I think that people would be discouraged to add random users to their lists if it showed how many of those users actually added them.

ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

the only ppl who just add people get on ppls nerves and if they would have asked they wouldnt have gotten on anyones nerves and they would have some freinds... real freinds

Showing 1-14 of 14