Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

permission for addition to friends list

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 11:42am

Avrilicious

Avrilicious

558 posts

Well mods only really add important people.Well I guess it is a good idea.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 11:58am

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

I think adding permission would be annoying because some of the members would probably get 20+ a day. Especially those in the top 10. Same goes for mods, we get random friend requests on our profiles often. I really only care about who I add to mine. Even then I forget that you can add friends and I just don't do it.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 12:33pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,092 posts

Knight

This happens to me all of the time.  I always get really annoyed when I link to a spammer's profile to report them to shops, and I am one of the first people on their friends lists.  I think that the site should have a system like Digg, so it shows one way friendships and two way friendships.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 12:36pm

Calm

Calm

948 posts

Knight

I only use the friend list as a shortcuk/bookmark to provide me with quick links to other important users/mods

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 12:40pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,092 posts

Knight

Yes SwitchFoot.  I think that people would be discouraged to add random users to their lists if it showed how many of those users actually added them.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 1:14pm

ikillnerds

ikillnerds

294 posts

the only ppl who just add people get on ppls nerves and if they would have asked they wouldnt have gotten on anyones nerves and they would have some freinds... real freinds