ForumsGamesBest Player in Colony?

1443 267262
LilLawnGnome
LilLawnGnome
10 posts
Nomad

Who do you think the best player in Colony is? You cannot nominate your self and maybe give some details on why you think he's the best.

My vote goes to Lifemaster, he and I are great friends and together we have never lost a game. Whenever we join a match together it takes 10minutes to find a game because when people enter they say "Fuck its him" and leave.

What about you?

• 1,443 Replies
SpeakerForTheDead
SpeakerForTheDead
50 posts
Nomad

I noticed that iTerminate hasnt been metioned yet. Hes PRO and if your doing a list his name should be in the running.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

as i thought essentially micro is how u control fewer units whereas macro is a larger force ..... that being said shouldnt a good micro player be good at macro aswell

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

iterminate .... who da hell is that ...... anywayy im taking names down as U ALL VOTE FOR THEM i hear his name a lil more and maybe i will put him on..... whoever he is...or watever...

AnbuHank
AnbuHank
591 posts
Nomad

I noticed that iTerminate hasnt been metioned yet. Hes PRO and if your doing a list his name should be in the running.

Ditto. He got some great skillz with old shcool and new school builds. Micro and macro are great.

as i thought essentially micro is how u control fewer units whereas macro is a larger force ..... that being said shouldnt a good micro player be good at macro aswell

Having a good counter doesn't necessary mean that you microed. Heck. You can have 100 scouts against 5 black queens, and you don't need to micro for the scouts to win. That's how you piss off your opponent by messing with them. Another example: You can have 100 hover tanks looking like sloppy joe, 10 hover tanks in 1 straight line, and micro the 10 hover tanks to pwn the 100 hover tanks. The 100 hover tanks don't use micro. Only the 10 does.

Don't confuse micro with macro unless you know how to mix the both.
lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Micro is control of the individual units/groups of units.
Macro is your economy and such.

If we had a game where auto-build was off, and you needed to push the button each time you wanted to make something...then we'd have macro.

Currently, you just turn on auto-build and *poof* macro's done.

One thing I want to mention is that UNwalled units counter chronite tanks, as they need to get in range of the last units to splash the whole group.

Lifemaster
Lifemaster
186 posts
Shepherd

After having played a few games, it really has become apparent to me how different the game is...remarkable. GJ new pros on figuring out new strats and perfecting them!

Pacmanateyou
Pacmanateyou
255 posts
Nomad

Lol Nice to hear an old Pro say something Nice to new version i
Hope you Decide to play more often

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

ewwwwww i got hank talking down to me as though i was a novice...... (no offense) nice u can mentor me even after my playing this game nearly since its beginning but plz refrain from grouping me with the masses..... anyway thanks for the lesson but i think some of ...... our ideas of macro are messed up hank ur telling me macro is basically numbers AND how well u add insult to injury whereas others and myself are saying macro is controlling large numbers of troops or rather how well u control large numbers..... can we get that straight.

Pacmanateyou
Pacmanateyou
255 posts
Nomad

iThink

Macro Is Building's
Mass unit Control
Interacting Complimenting Eachother

So For instance Roman's in front of Hovers is good macro Usage

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

hovers with meds behind em and anti air sakatas next to meds and maybe a queen and romans spamed cant be stopped sphinx can stop em because romans rape sphinx

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

wat pacman thinks is wat i think but still that leaves some other way of thinkin btw noobslayer wth lol all that really isnt needed me i take a borish very direct way of doing things hovers up front meds in back queens up top lol my queen usage is where i shine even though im still new in ground tactics use to be an air player solely... hmm i still think a well placed queen can turn the tide of a match

PowerOfSauce
PowerOfSauce
502 posts
Shepherd

I've always thought of macro as buildings and predicting your opponent and countering them, while micro is controlling your units and doing awesome stuff with them, as well as making spiders dance, which is the only micro that I can do ._.

Also, I agree iTerminate is pro.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

i dont think endscape is that

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

me neither i dont endscape is that, infact u might be surprised to find out endscape is ya long lost father krachypachy and...... i remember playing colony in 8th grade soooooo its not like im makin stories dic* face its wat i remember, endscapes a sophmore now soooooo thats all i can tell u.
P.S. tell ya mother the child support money is on its way ok. and tell her i said hi
P.P.S. im sorry i missed ya birthday son
P.P.P.S. im also dissapointed u decided to be gay....

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

sorry one last thing SHOUTOUT TO noobslayer thkz big hommy
aaaa and if u agree sauce dude than i guess i can add him to the list i guess(i do remember him now but a pro..... ok)
andddd i guess the debate of wat macro is continues lol oh
*me neither i dont (think) endscape is that

Showing 481-495 of 1443