ForumsGamesModern Warfare 2

1600 254349
FlyinHawaiin
FlyinHawaiin
111 posts
Nomad

This thread is for anything related to Modern Warfare 2. Post your classes, reviews, glitches you found,random talk about the game, or anything else. Although if you wanna talk about, and see other peoples tactics/strategys for playing MW2, then go here: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/4811627/mw2-your-best-tactics-in-free-for-all because I don't want to repeat a topic.

• 1,600 Replies
DoctorFunk
DoctorFunk
98 posts
Nomad

MODERN WARFARE 2 REVIEW

(the thread creator said we can review the game, here it is)

*Long read ahead*

This game is garbage!

The campaign is just a mess. *Spoilers* There are so many plot holes I just can't believe it, here are just a FEW of them:

The Story
First couple of plot holes is the airport scene. Makerov is a well known international terrorist (essentially the Osama Bin Laden of the day), yet for the airport attack, he doesn't wear a mask. Don't Russian airports have security cameras? I mean honestly, this man is one of the most wanted people on the face of the earth yet no one bothered to look at the security tapes to see him walking around the airport with an M240?

Shepard says that he lost 30,000 men 5 years ago when Al Asad detonated the nuke wiping out the invading troops in his capital city. However, to those of you who don't remember, that was a Marine assault on the city, and Sheppard is an Army General. So, while I can understand him being mad about it, him saying they were his troops isn't true, unless of course he changed service branches and managed to work his way to General in 5 years time.

The Russians have a firm grip on DC, yet the military's plan isn't to launch a strong counter-attack to retake the city, instead they're going to just carpet bomb the crap out of it? How does that make any sense? In doing so they would destroy things such as the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, not to mention the White House and Capitol building.

There are many more I can think of that are smaller, such as when you are in Brazil, and when you chase the guy who shot your driver into the streets, CARS AND EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE! HOW THE HELL? The person has a Desert Eagle! Not a rocket launcher.

The Multiplayer

Infinity Ward really effed with the MP big time. There are some MAJOR balancing issues.

Killstreaks influence camping, especially the nuke and chopper gunner.

Maps are absolutely TERRIBLE, and they influence even more camping.

Care Packages give people AC-130's for 4 kills in S&D. Annoying as hell.

Assault rifles are death machines. 0 recoil, extreme power and accuracy. They basically make every other gun useless, especially the SCAR-H and ACR.

Sniping has been ruined because of the assault rifles, witch can essentially do EVERYTHING.

Some secondary weapons (Model 1887's, PP2000) are rediculous. They have as much power as primary weapons. The 1887's have EXTREMELY INSANE RANGE FOR A SHOTGUN (they may have patched the Akimbo ones, but if you put FMJ on with Akimbo it's range is back to normal!). Terrible!

In conclusion, this game is just a noob-friendly mess. IW ignored their actual fanbase, and got greedy. All we wanted was COD4 with the major problems fixed and with better maps, weapons, story, and game modes in general.

DoctorFunk
DoctorFunk
98 posts
Nomad

Disregard the last post, I'm making a thread about it.

DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

There is too many CAMPERS stop camping. Why whould anyone pay $60 for a game to sit in a corner and shoot random people as they run by.

STOP CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

My favorite weapon class is

Intervention-thermal
sleight of hand pro
stopping power pro
ninja pro/steady aim pro

Rawrltzme
Rawrltzme
58 posts
Nomad

My favorite class is like

Vector
.44 Magnum + Tactical knife.
Marathon Pro
LightWeight Pro
Commando Pro.

Perfect knifing class. Vector is like the lightest gun in the game.

FlyinHawaiin
FlyinHawaiin
111 posts
Nomad

Perfect knifing class. Vector is like the lightest gun in the game.

almost. the mini uzi is the lightest
Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,208 posts
Nomad

Me and my friend are trying to play co-op Sepcial Operations and every time we try and play he gets in and either crashes or plays alone and I get stuck on the loading screen and it says in the bottom right corner "Waiting for other player" and then after waiting for minutes it takes me off the loading screen and says he lost connection, whilst he has to restart his computer because it's frozen or ask me where the hell I am. Is this some glitch?

FlyinHawaiin
FlyinHawaiin
111 posts
Nomad

@elitemagical try switching hosts, because it's a connection problem.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Me and my friend are trying to play co-op Sepcial Operations and every time we try and play he gets in and either crashes or plays alone and I get stuck on the loading screen and it says in the bottom right corner "Waiting for other player" and then after waiting for minutes it takes me off the loading screen and says he lost connection, whilst he has to restart his computer because it's frozen or ask me where the hell I am. Is this some glitch?

Most of the time.. that has to do with connection.
ArandomGuy
ArandomGuy
5 posts
Nomad

anybody know if IW patched the modded games yet? the ones where it's like 18 ppl free-for-all on rust with never ending time and stuff like that
I think those are kind of fun, but lately I can't seem to get into any games like that

FlyinHawaiin
FlyinHawaiin
111 posts
Nomad

anybody know if IW patched the modded games yet? the ones where it's like 18 ppl free-for-all on rust with never ending time and stuff like that
I think those are kind of fun, but lately I can't seem to get into any games like that

I don't know, yesterday i got into a modded game where everything was super fast and we could run around the whole derail map in like 5 seconds, but in the past week, i haven't gotten into any of the modded games that you said
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I don't know, yesterday i got into a modded game where everything was super fast and we could run around the whole derail map in like 5 seconds, but in the past week, i haven't gotten into any of the modded games that you said

i hate that it happened to me 3 times today. theres also some modded xp games for search when u get like tons of xp per kill.
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Heres a glitch i found when i kill someone they are dead then they hop back up then die again!!

loganada
loganada
186 posts
Nomad

Ive never played in one of those modded games, does it have to be free 4 all?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Heres my new setup:

P90 /w rapid fire + holo sight
anything really for secondary, I usually go with thumper to kill campers
Bling
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
Semtex
Stun grenades

Killstreaks being 7 - harrier, 9 - pavelow, 11 - chopper gunner. If I survive to receive the kills after calling in the harrier, I'm unstoppable.

Showing 76-90 of 1600