Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Is

Thread Locked

Posted Jan 27, '08 at 3:32am

teamxxlp

teamxxlp

6 posts

I don't think there should be ratings because they are just games.  Violence isn't the result of a game, but of course someone who's not straight in the head might not follow the typical statistic there.  If anything, the games just might need to be in a category of certain age ranges, but nothing more extreme than that because they're just games, and the players are just normally kids.

Posted Jan 27, '08 at 3:45am

Kadum1013

Kadum1013

23 posts

me to i think that there should be warnings

Posted Jan 27, '08 at 9:26am

Zihark

Zihark

296 posts

I think it's just useless... Anyone, when seeing an age indicator, places any month, any day and 1980 or below. it's just inevitable unfortunately :(. The age control is already on the site. If you're 13, then you probably know not to play games like darkcut2 if you can't take the gore.

Posted Jan 27, '08 at 5:48pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

An age rating would be pointless. As mentioned in previous posts, you already have to be 13 to be on the site.  If that doesn't stop them, then seeing it on the game won't either.

So, it would be a waste of time to make.

Posted Jan 27, '08 at 6:03pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

19,843 posts

Do you think we should tell the armorgames staff?

Posted Jan 27, '08 at 6:25pm

arkaninerenegade

arkaninerenegade

668 posts

well most games are for 13+ and this whole site has 13+ year olds but some games like dark cut stickucide and last stand should have warnings. stickucide is sooooooooooooooooo bloody and gory

Posted Jan 27, '08 at 7:24pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

They are all flash cartoon in appearance. It is far from realistic. What is there to hide from a 13 year old?

Posted Jan 27, '08 at 7:36pm

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

Most of them yes... if you would like to see an exception to the rule, check out Dark Cut 2:

http://armorgames.com/play/353/dark-cut-2

However, it also has a warning attached. He got a lot of angry letter from parents on the first one.

Posted Jan 27, '08 at 8:37pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,070 posts

Knight

Realy? Well I am glad he decided to go ahead and make another Dark Cut.

Posted Jan 27, '08 at 9:37pm

Faranya

Faranya

5 posts

Age rating is not the same thing as an age restriction, so it depends which you meant.

Attaching a suggested level of maturity to a game page is unobtrusive, and serves the point. It could even list what may be objectionable, and if someone chooses to use those to screen through the games they choose to play, that's fine.

Age restriction on the other hand is a horrible idea because:
1. It is totally unenforcable on the anonymous internet.
2. It is completly inappropriate to tell people that you don't think they have the mental capacity to deal with something.
3. It could only be applied to members, which means either a) only members can continue to play the games, or b) people will simply not get/use memeber accounts.

So, age rating makes no difference, it would only be a suggestion. Age restriction is a horrible idea.