ForumsSupport ForumIs

29 12168
Myth
Myth
6 posts
Nomad

There are a few games that aren't really suited for everyone (e.g. The Classroom).

Should we add an age rating to the game or a sign saying "mature" to them?

Or scrap the idea?

• 29 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Esphloded, that made me laugh out loud

charley123
charley123
173 posts
Nomad

i agree there should a warning or how old you have to be to play and if you go to newgrounds.com they have a rating when you play or something like that

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

Newgrounds does that, but it's doesn't stop minors from looking at their "mature" stuff

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

I am of the belief that no matter what rating you choose to put on it, the people that want to play the game will do just that.

I'm fine with the way it is now...makes for less of a hassle.

Kadum1013
Kadum1013
24 posts
Nomad

me to i think that there should be warnings

Zihark
Zihark
309 posts
Nomad

I think it's just useless... Anyone, when seeing an age indicator, places any month, any day and 1980 or below. it's just inevitable unfortunately . The age control is already on the site. If you're 13, then you probably know not to play games like darkcut2 if you can't take the gore.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

An age rating would be pointless. As mentioned in previous posts, you already have to be 13 to be on the site. If that doesn't stop them, then seeing it on the game won't either.

So, it would be a waste of time to make.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Do you think we should tell the armorgames staff?

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

well most games are for 13+ and this whole site has 13+ year olds but some games like dark cut stickucide and last stand should have warnings. stickucide is sooooooooooooooooo bloody and gory

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

They are all flash cartoon in appearance. It is far from realistic. What is there to hide from a 13 year old?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Most of them yes... if you would like to see an exception to the rule, check out Dark Cut 2:

http://armorgames.com/play/353/dark-cut-2

However, it also has a warning attached. He got a lot of angry letter from parents on the first one.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Realy? Well I am glad he decided to go ahead and make another Dark Cut.

Faranya
Faranya
5 posts
Nomad

Age rating is not the same thing as an age restriction, so it depends which you meant.

Attaching a suggested level of maturity to a game page is unobtrusive, and serves the point. It could even list what may be objectionable, and if someone chooses to use those to screen through the games they choose to play, that's fine.

Age restriction on the other hand is a horrible idea because:
1. It is totally unenforcable on the anonymous internet.
2. It is completly inappropriate to tell people that you don't think they have the mental capacity to deal with something.
3. It could only be applied to members, which means either a) only members can continue to play the games, or b) people will simply not get/use memeber accounts.

So, age rating makes no difference, it would only be a suggestion. Age restriction is a horrible idea.

Showing 16-28 of 29