Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Parallel Universes

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 4:32pm

hojoko

hojoko

562 posts

I just was wondering what people thought about the theory of parallel universes. The theory states that there are infinite parallel universes where a different decision was made that changed following events. Also, I think the term might be better called Parallel Multiverses.

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 5:00pm

Strategy_guy

Strategy_guy

334 posts

I believe in it sort of but unlike some people do I dont think we can travel in between them.

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 5:02pm

hojoko

hojoko

562 posts

If we make it far enough, we might be able to, and also, according to a theory of Einsteins, we should be able to.

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 5:07pm

Strategy_guy

Strategy_guy

334 posts

I just think it sound a little crazy. If we are able to it would be cool but it will also take a long time to figure out how to do.(if possible in the first place)

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 5:14pm

Crunk88

Crunk88

126 posts

I dont know really, im not sure if we will ever be able to go into another universe. To say that it hold a different time is unbelievable. Although Einstein said that space and time was conjoined and space was overlapping.

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 5:17pm

turkishmaniaca

turkishmaniaca

261 posts

That is really really wierd...didnt think of it like that...but i dont no..God said "the Heavens". Maybe its real. I was thinking about the burmuda triangle though.

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 5:18pm

Brigadier

Brigadier

66 posts

It's a puzzling mystery no doubt about it. It's hard to wrap your brain around it. It's interesting but until we have some more knowledge on the theory of alternative dimensions then there isn't much to discuss.

While it is cool to dream about it, if we would travel there it could cause chaos over here because changing an alternative world would change our world correct?

If we did reach a Parallel universe we would have a hard time adapting. Many things would be different and it would be rough for us to adapt.

Like Strategy_guy said. It does sound a little crazy but it is possible.

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 7:09pm

Strategy_guy

Strategy_guy

334 posts

I don't think it would change things here becuase supposedly, and I'm not sure this is correct, parallel universe's don't have to deal with each other when they break apart to the two different universes. If that makes any sense I'll be surprised.

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 7:15pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

There is evidence that supports the existence of parallel universes... but I don't know about it. Still, if they DO exist... I don't know. Read up on string theory and you'll see what I'm talking about with the first part of what I said.

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 7:49pm

Moegreche

Moegreche

3,094 posts

The idea of a multiverse is presented in order to deal with some effects of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and conservation of information (energy). I can go into greater detail if needed, but I was just discussing this in another thread.