ForumsWEPRBermuda Triangle

13 5400
turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

Hello,i was wondering if you guys had any information on the Bermuda Triangle. I don't know if there's another thread like this. Just wanted to know.

• 13 Replies
Brigadier
Brigadier
51 posts
Nomad

Wikipedia has a lot of information about the mysterious area.

Heres the link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle

I personally believe that it's just a creepy place. Kind of like a haunted house but like 1000x scarier. I don't think its haunted or it's cursed or anything. It is just one of those places that people get paranoid about.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

I believe that the bermuda triangle has a magnetic field, like Nowrangilall said, and has underwater volcanoes. Someday I'd like to explore it.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

@ Brigadier. Anyone can edit wikipedia, so it is unreliable. I think it is just a coincidence that many planes crashed there. In that area, there are a lot of planes going through there, so there are bound to be crashes.

turkishmaniaca
turkishmaniaca
155 posts
Nomad

But Amelia Earnhart died there. She's famous! That makes it really scary. I don't know. Boats have crashed there also. That's one reason they though the Earth was flat.

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

The major beilf that I've heard was that, like Nowrangilall and hojoko said, the bermuda triangle has a weird magnetic feild and that storms can start very suddenly and become very large storms.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

There are other "triangles" in the world that seem to have a lot of crashes and disappearances. The simple fact is that these are places, like Coheed suggested, that are huge thoroughfares and experienced a lot of crashed.
If there was really a magnetic field there or something, not only would it be measurable but there would still be lots of crashes there today. But now our radar and traffic management have become much more efficient, so we have fewer accidents in the heavily trafficked areas.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Well, I'm just curious if you can explain this: In the Dragons Triangle (Japans Bermuda triangle) a research ship was sent in to find what happened to all the ships. It was later found floating the water with no crew members on it. What happened?

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

They could've abandoned ship or that's just a rumor with not a lot of truth in it.

hojoko
hojoko
510 posts
Peasant

Why would they abandon ship?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

There could be many explanations - the first thing that came to mind was piracy. I certainly can't explain phenomena like this because I wasn't there, but to reject the idea of this being a fluke in lieu of a much more complicated theory of magnetic fields or aliens or whatever just seems to be going the wrong direction.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Yeah that does sound a bit wierd, but there has to be some kind of explaination. They can't just disappear.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Basically, there are these "bubble pockets". They are underwater in the triangles. When they pop they release huge bubble into the ocean and they move upward very fact. If a boat happens to be underneath them (they can cover and area of up to 1 square mile) it has the power the split the boat in half, or deform it, or just flat out flip it and sink it. There is a certain type of chemical (can't remember the name) that is released into the air, it shuts down navigation systems, can even thicken the air, and makes you lose your sense of direction. That explains the crashes planes.

That was on discovery channel and has been scientifically proven.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Although I know little on the topic, if there have been a lot of crashes in the area, wouldn't traffic patterns have been managed such that less crashes result from there being less traffic through those areas?

Showing 1-13 of 13