Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Bermuda Triangle

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 7:48pm

hojoko

hojoko

556 posts

Why would they abandon ship?

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 7:52pm

Moegreche

Moegreche

2,796 posts

There could be many explanations - the first thing that came to mind was piracy.  I certainly can't explain phenomena like this because I wasn't there, but to reject the idea of this being a fluke in lieu of a much more complicated theory of magnetic fields or aliens or whatever just seems to be going the wrong direction.

Posted Apr 6, '08 at 7:52pm

nick_coolhaha

nick_coolhaha

1,333 posts

Yeah that does sound a bit wierd, but there has to be some kind of explaination. They can't just disappear.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 1:16am

Ricador

Ricador

3,335 posts

Basically, there are these "bubble pockets". They are underwater in the triangles. When they pop they release huge bubble into the ocean and they move upward very fact. If a boat happens to be underneath them (they can cover and area of up to 1 square mile) it has the power the split the boat in half, or deform it, or just flat out flip it and sink it. There is a certain type of chemical (can't remember the name) that is released into the air, it shuts down navigation systems, can even thicken the air, and makes you lose your sense of direction. That explains the crashes planes.

That was on discovery channel and has been scientifically proven.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 1:25am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Although I know little on the topic, if there have been a lot of crashes in the area, wouldn't traffic patterns have been managed such that less crashes result from there being less traffic through those areas?