ForumsPopular MediaDoesn't anyone like World Music??

15 4464
garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

So I've noticed that almost everyone in the forums listens to some form of rock or pop/hip-hop. What about the rest of the world, does anyone listen to music of other places? That's my kind of music, personally. If anyone is interested, I can send some youtube links about good groups...

• 15 Replies
garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

What do you mean by continental?

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

OK, look up "taiko medley" on Youtube. It's a drumming style from Japan. Pretty cool, I think.

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, there's a cool group called funk plastic that's worth checking out, I bet they have some videos on Youtube too.

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

Oh, sweet! I should have looked them up! By the way, if you like the plastic balloon, look up "well hang" on youtube, it's called a hang drum and it's made in Switzerland. Pretty weird...

jackkaradaki
jackkaradaki
8 posts
Nomad

what is hate harry potter!!!1

jackkaradaki
jackkaradaki
8 posts
Nomad

i hate world music

jackkaradaki
jackkaradaki
8 posts
Nomad

world music isent good music

jackkaradaki
jackkaradaki
8 posts
Nomad

its too slo

BlueCooler9
BlueCooler9
45 posts
Nomad

Well i do listen to some Japanese music.

jackkaradaki
jackkaradaki
8 posts
Nomad

but akon are a good songer

BlueCooler9
BlueCooler9
45 posts
Nomad

you meant singer right?? Also I've never heard of "akon".

Grimlok
Grimlok
154 posts
Nomad

Scandinavian metal

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

If it's scandinavian, then it is considered world music, to be fair, so you do like something not produced in America/Canada/England. Good for you!

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

Also, not all world music is slow. Some New Age-ish stuff like enya is, but other stuff is real fast, too.

Akon is West African, but he sings popular music (aka pop) in America, so I don't think he counts. But he does have a good singing voice...

There is a lot of Japanese music, which kind do you listen to? They have their own version of rock and popular music, all of which is pretty unique, I think...

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

I would just like to point out that there is, despite topics for several individual rock/pop bands, a thread dedicated to whether or not Pop or Rock is better.... -_- All I have to say is,

expand your musical horizons!

Showing 1-15 of 15