ForumsForum GamesI. E. D.

203 42025
BladeBreaker
BladeBreaker
702 posts
Nomad

In this game, you are a member of one of two armies: Americans or Insurrectionists.

This game is called IED for two reasons. As someone in a demolition group, your job is to Infiltrate-Eliminate-Demolish, and terrorists like blowing crap up with Improvised-Explosive-Devices.

Char Sheet:

Name:
Callsign:
Class:
Squad: (ie. Alpha, Bravo... Zulu; I'll assign it, but tell me whose team you want to be on so that I can put people together)
Main Weapon:
Secondary Weapon:
Equipment:

Callsigns can be anything you want, but they usually refer to your job (ie. a medic could be "Doc"[stupid example, I know])

Classes Weapons and Equipment are:

Class- Infantry
Main- HK XM8, HK416
Secondary- Beretta M9
Equipment- Fragmentation Grenades (x2), Smoke Grenade, Stun Grenade, Med Kit

Class- Grenadier
Main- HK XM25 IAWS
Secondary- Beretta M9, MP9
Equipment- Fragmentation Grenades (x2), M18 Claymore, Med Kit

Class- Demolitions
Main- M32 MGL
Secondary- MP9 (Raytheon FIM-92 Stinger & AT4-CS on special missions )
Equipment- M18 Claymores (x4), Fragmentation Grenades (x2)

Class- Sniper
Main- Barrett M107, M110 SAAS
Secondary- Beretta M9
Equipment- M18 Claymore, Smoke Grenade

Class- Support
Main- M249 SAW
Secondary- Beretta M9
Equipment- Med Kits (x5), Frag Grenades (x2), Smoke Grenade

--------------------------------------

If you want to know more about what weapons you are using, you can google them, or go to militaryfactory.

Also, I know I haven't posted anything for the Insurrectionists. It'll be harder for me to get info on them, so tell me if you want to join them.

• 203 Replies
lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Name: Bob Smith
Callsign: Pie
Class: Infantry
Squad: Bravo?
Main Weapon: HK XM8, HK416 (No Steyr AUG? D
Secondary Weapon: Beretta M9 (No socom/ruger? D
Equipment: Fragmentation Grenades (x2), Smoke Grenade, Stun Grenade, Med Kit

I can join right?
Or do I have to switch classes cause there's already 1(2?) infantries?

BladeBreaker
BladeBreaker
702 posts
Nomad

You can be Infantry, and you can have whatever weapons you want. The outlines were suggestions; except the equipment, the equipment is solid. Besides, the HK XM8 is amazing. The prototype is the model-weaponry for the future. And the Beretta is the standard issue of the 10th mountain Division, which my mom was in 2 years ago, and that was when I learned the most about the army, so... choose what you want, those were suggestions.

And "Pie", really?

And "Bob Smith", seriously?

Whatever, you'll be on the incoming support plane, which will come in a few turns. Sit tight.

Aroura
Aroura
51 posts
Nomad

Name: Joseph "Ghost" McCoy (Pvt.)
Callsign: Red
Class: Sniper
Squad: May I pick a name? If so I choose Ares (Greek God of war.)
Main Weapon: Barrett M107
Secondary Weapon: Beretta M9
Equipment: M18 Claymore, Smoke Grenade

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I chose them...they're my tradition for forum games

Squad: Bravo
Main Weapon: Steyr AUG, HK416
Secondary Weapon: Ruger MK3

So, I'd assume this will be my sheet then?
And since you listed like, 2 weapons for main....do we chosoe one or pick?...

Aroura
Aroura
51 posts
Nomad

Crap I wish to change my callsign to Ghost pwease :P

BladeBreaker
BladeBreaker
702 posts
Nomad

Pie-
Pick one main weapon. You can change it in-between campaigns.
Ghost-
There's no "Ares" squad, just the military alphabet. Whatever, though. Go ahead and take it.
Sloth-
Yeah, join Aroura.
-----------------------------------------
After this campaign, I might need to ask you to even the teams out, but for now, you're good.
I'm dropping Ares with the airlift, and Pie, you're just gonna take the place of Spc. DeMott
All right, here we go.

Pie-
You are laying amidst rubble; your gun is laying two feet away; there are Tangoes approaching from the south. To your left, Sgt. Hakon is laying, with a chunk of concrete on his chest. What do you do?

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Main Weapon: *Steyr AUG, HK416
Secondary Weapon: Ruger MK3

Ookay...I'll get my Steyr, and wait, did they notice us yet?

If yes, fire bursts randomly at them, hoping just to suppress them and buy time while I see if Hakon is alright, and try to revive him...

If not, then carefully send a few shots at them, accurately, and then spray in bursts.

Aroura
Aroura
51 posts
Nomad

The reason I asked to pick a name was to make one up if you wish I will use the military alphabet

If so I choose Foxtrot

BladeBreaker
BladeBreaker
702 posts
Nomad

Sorry I'm posting so late.

Firestorm-
You throw the grenade in, crouch, and ready yourself for the blast. You hear the detonation, and then a secondary explosion. You are flung away, and the hostage is hit in the face with a jagged shard of metal from the door. You are 10 yards away from the blast. What now?
Blue-
You are running up to the door. Firestorm throws in the grenade, and you count, then a second before detonation, you begin sprinting toward the door. The building explodes, but doesn't faze you. You walk into the doorway, and poke your gun around the corner. You walk in after receiving no enemy fire (not surprising, after Moat blew the roof off), and see the inside devastated. In one corner, obliterated barrels are lined up against a destroyed wall. You look around some more, and see a mass of metal in the corner. You go over to investigate, and pull out a broken wood stock. As you are turning around, you see a rifle pointed at you. What do you do?
Jumpy-
The detonation instantly kills one man of the latter group, throws another against the wall with the sounding of broken bones, and tuns another three. Your aim is true, and all of your bullets hit. The only one remaining is the wounded man laying against the wall. The group ahead moves on, but keeps their eyes to their back. You throw a smoke grenade, distracting them, and run to the closest building. As you are running, you see an explosion rock the building next to it, the supposed coordinates of Sgt. Jackson. Soon afterward, you see two men dropped onto the building by parachute. What do you do?
[/i]Pie-
The insurgents are distracted by an explosion, and then by a smoke grenade. You take down four of the men, and the other two run to safety in the building across from you. What do you do?
[i]Ghost-
Foxtrot it is. You are dropped off onto the roof of a building next to the last reported positions of Firestorm and Blue. You see a man in the outfit of a Bravo-sniper running toward you. The warehouse next to you is in ruins. Sloth lands next to you. What do you do?
Sloth-
You land on the building next to Ghost (read above). What do you do?

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

I'll tend to Hakon, see if I can revive him or something.

BladeBreaker
BladeBreaker
702 posts
Nomad

Pie-
You tap Hakon on his shoulder, to see if he responds. You feel a pulse, but it is faint, and he isn't breathing. The pile of concrete on him is slowly crushing his life-force, and you start to remove it. With your peripheral sight, you see an insurgent peek his head out into the doorway behind you.

Suggestion that you don't actually have to follow: get Hakon to a safe level, and then try to focus your attention on the enemy. Don't forget to pay attention to your surroundings.

ALSO, UPDATE
If you want to learn more about your surroundings, or your enemy, use your turn to observe, and I'll tell you all the information that you can glean from your position. I feel like not everyone will see this, so I'll re-post it every once in a while.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

Fire randomly at him, then try to bring Hakon to safety. Hope the randomly firing will distract the insurgent loong enough...if he doesn't keep firing bursts at him.

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Name: JJ Carson (AM, Pvt.)
Callsign: Firestorm
Main Weapon: H&K 416
Equipment: Fragmentation Grenades (x2), Smoke Grenade, Stun Grenade, Med Kit, G36

I'll roll back into cover, then cautiously peer into the warehouse. The captive shouldn't present a threat to me.

P.S.- Can we change our callsigns?

whimsyboy
whimsyboy
938 posts
Nomad

Name: Obadiah (AM, Pvt.)
Callsign: Jumpy
Main Weapon: M110 SAAS

OK then, I wait with my secondary weapon in cover in the ruined building. I hide Sgt. Jackson in the safest most secret place I can find, then I ready myself for the Tangoes to come over.

Aroura
Aroura
51 posts
Nomad

Name: Joseph McCoy (Pvt.)
Callsign: Ghost
Squad: Foxtrot
Main Weapon: Barrett M107

See the result of Sloth's last action