Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Age Of War 2

Posted Jun 7, '10 at 8:47am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I found the best strategy to be infantry, support, infantry, then support and so on until the last two ages (modern and future). It's much cheaper then the best unit (armor) and infantry followed  by support can do as much damage as an armor unit.

Posted Jun 7, '10 at 9:41am

Quicksmasher

Quicksmasher

276 posts

I found the best strategy to be infantry, support, infantry, then support and so on until the last two ages (modern and future). It's much cheaper then the best unit (armor) and infantry followed  by support can do as much damage as an armor unit.

You never beat insane, i see that, noob.

Posted Jun 7, '10 at 11:51am

bgerm52

bgerm52

656 posts

I prefer to not do the same thing every time but to use different strategies and see how they work out.

Posted Jun 8, '10 at 10:47am

NoobsforDummies

NoobsforDummies

100 posts

I have beaten hard with all but 25 health... honestly it isn't that hard if you use this tactic.
When you first start the game on easy, medium, hard, or even insane upgrade your income level to Lvl. 1, Support Range to Lvl. 2, and Support Damage to Lvl. 1. Then build three units, going Infantry --> Support --> Support. They should kill any enemy they encounter before your enemy uses their first power, the Meteor Strike. This will kill your 3 men if they aren't dead yet, and don't build any units till it is over. Once it is, build Infantry --> Support --> Support --> Support --> etc. until your population is 10 full of support. Since support range is Lvl. 2 and support damage is Lvl. 1 your support units will dominate them. You won't get very far this first round, but once you evolve to the roman age you will make more progress towards the enemy base. Use the same tactic, Infantry --> Support x9. Eventually upgrade Support Range to Lvl. 3, and then your support units will be able to reach their base and cause a little bit of damage. Be careful in the beginning of this round, because the enemy will use their special power and kill all your units if you build too many. Do NOT buy any turrets thus far. Eventually evolve again.
Continue the pattern and beware the specials. Upgrade Support Damage over time to Lvl. 3, and then they won't stand a chance against you. Also upgrade your income to Lvl. 3 over time.
Use the pattern I've suggested to continue through the ages and beat the game. You should finish it around the Medieval or Renaissance eras if you use your money wisely. Do NOT spend any money on any upgrades besides support damage/range and income levels. Especially turrets. Upgrading the turret range does not increase the range of your turrets currently built, only the ones that you build after you upgrade it. It works the same way with every other upgrade. Anyway, using this tactic the game is a breeze.

Posted Jun 8, '10 at 10:50am

NoobsforDummies

NoobsforDummies

100 posts

Oh, and I forgot to say. Don't buy ANY turrets till you get to the Renaissance age. They aren't worth it till you reach the cannons, and even then they are a little pointless. You can still upgrade your tower, though.

Posted Jun 12, '10 at 9:03pm

DoctorDangle

DoctorDangle

2 posts

Turrets are only worth it when you get to Insane Mode. and the income upgrade is a waste of money it doesnt do anything.
-beat EASY in the Stone Age (1st)
-beat MEDIUM in the Spartan Age (2nd)
-beat HARD in the Modern Age (6th)
-and of course INSANE was in the Futuristic Age (7th and Final)
Remember the enemy will use its special 2-3 minutes after it moves to a new age, so try to keep your units to a minimum when you know it is about to come.
Remember the Circle of Damage:
(certain units inflict more damage upon certain types)
              I remember it as 1-4-3-2
              support > anti-armor > armored > infantry
So basically for every difficulty for the first few levels focus on capping out your support and infantry, up until about the Renaissance age when you get to use the cannon, then start upgrading your anti-armor and armored. Don't bother wasting money unlocking any units until you get the cannons either. Start by sending out and infantry followed up by 1 or 2 support. It kicks ***. Do this until you start maxing out the other unit types, then just play it smart with the Circle of Damage. Not much else to say. Remember, don't waste money on the income upgrade, that **** doesn't even work! Forget about turrets and their upgrades, unless playing on INSANE of course. Even there I didn't use many, just some weak ones on the lower levels just to get me by until my upgrades caught up with the computer. And uhh don't forget about using your special.
That about it. Pretty easy but fun. Can't wait for #3

Posted Jun 12, '10 at 9:06pm

DoctorDangle

DoctorDangle

2 posts

1-3-4-2 whatever..

Posted Jun 12, '10 at 10:06pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

19,843 posts

Turrets are only worth it when you get to Insane Mode.

Turrets aren't worth it in insane mode...

-and of course INSANE was in the Futuristic Age (7th and Final)

No Stress proved insane can be beat on medieval =P

Posted Jun 13, '10 at 3:46pm

freakymonkey

freakymonkey

268 posts

just upgrade the supports at the begginning that way u keep sending them out and can save upfor more guys with little money or save up for the anti armors or armored on insane

Posted Jun 13, '10 at 7:02pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

19,843 posts

just upgrade the supports at the begginning that way u keep sending them out and can save upfor more guys with little money or save up for the anti armors or armored on insane

Armored units are useless...they need to pay extra to unlock...

Reply to Age Of War 2

You must be logged in to post a reply!