Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why?

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 5:27pm

ZachCraft

ZachCraft

113 posts

Alright, so just out of curiousity. I'm wondering what you people think of the question 'why?', please be truthful, and some-what intelligent.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 5:31pm

ZachCraft

ZachCraft

113 posts

I merely want your opinion on the question 'why'.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 5:33pm

Sting

Sting

339 posts

Why what? Why are we here? Why are people in the world cruel? Why are McDonalds burgers so high in fat? You need to clarify.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 5:34pm

ZachCraft

ZachCraft

113 posts

There is nothing that's needed to be clarified, I only want your opinion on what the question means to you.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 5:38pm

ZachCraft

ZachCraft

113 posts

Ugh, SwitchFoot, don't even say that. Why is a perfectly reasonable question, even if it's not using proper grammar.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 7:03pm

opentotruth

opentotruth

510 posts

now were getting somewhere

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 7:06pm

Eshploded

Eshploded

503 posts

It is used to solve confusion.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 7:08pm

Strategy_guy

Strategy_guy

334 posts

Why is a proper question following up something like "I like twinkes." and then some one says "why?" would be fine but if someone randomly asks "Why?" to you it makes no sense. In order for this to make sense you must add a question.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 7:09pm

Sting

Sting

339 posts

Why is asking a question as to, well... I cannot state the meaning of why without using itself in its own meaning, which is not grammatically correct, so... now I am even more confused...

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 7:21pm

ZachCraft

ZachCraft

113 posts

It's quite a confusing question, I admit, but my thoughts on 'Why?' is 'Why not?', try to see if that's a half decent example for what you guys think.