ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255508
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

So how can you prove it exists?

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

How can you prove that it doesn't?

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

And yet again we reach the same point. I can say that it cannot be seen, or observed in anyway, yet that has flaws. And you can say it exists because you believe, yet that to has flaws.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

How can you prove that it doesn't?

If your the one making the claim it's up to you to prove that claim. For instance if I said there was an invisible flying elephant, and you didn't believe me. It wouldn't be up to you to disprove it's existence, it would be up to me to prove it exists. So saying "you can't disprove it" is nothing more then dodging the question. Even if this wasn't the case, not being able to disprove something doesn't automatically mean it exists.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

And thus we are once again at the same place every religious argument comes too. Lack of proof. Therefore, most of these arguments are pointless.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

And thus we are once again at the same place every religious argument comes too. Lack of proof. Therefore, most of these arguments are pointless.

If there is no proof then why are you saying God certainly exists?
Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

God gave humans free will to do what they choose. Humans choose to do good or evil and God will not stop them.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

If there is no proof then why are you saying God certainly exists?

If there is no proof that he doesn't exist, why are you saying God certainly doesn't exist?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

If there is no proof that he doesn't exist, why are you saying God certainly doesn't exist?

I'm not. I'm saying since there is no evidence it's reasonable to assume he doesn't exist. the current evidence we do have suggests that if he does exist he wasn't needed. So I find it unlikely.

Now care to answer the question instead of dodging it?
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Wasn't needed? Oh. So I suppose YOU would prefer to be an idiotic bottom of the food chain animal then an intelligent top of the food chain human...

Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

So I suppose YOU would prefer to be an idiotic bottom of the food chain animal then an intelligent top of the food chain human...

Modern science explains that. And it does not require a being that exists outside of reality.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Wasn't needed? Oh. So I suppose YOU would prefer to be an idiotic bottom of the food chain animal then an intelligent top of the food chain human...

We can't convert sunlight into food.
A god is non needed to be at the top of the food chain, unless you say that dolphins and arctic foxes have their own gods.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Dolphins and foxes? They're not at the top of the food chain. The thing that really makes us different is a strand of DNA called HAR-1, which is radically different than any other strand of DNA in any other animal.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Yes, yes they are, they have no natural predators, that makes them the top of their food chains.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Dolphins and foxes? They're not at the top of the food chain. The thing that really makes us different is a strand of DNA called HAR-1, which is radically different than any other strand of DNA in any other animal.

I'd like to point out you keep dodging Mage's question. furthermore rafterman is right. Finally, prove to me god is real.
Showing 1516-1530 of 1849