ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255432
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

How about instead of prattling on like idiots we actually talk about the topic? As I said before, why does God even need a cause? And if he does, why doesn\\'t the Big Bang need a cause?

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

How about instead of prattling on like idiots we actually talk about the topic? As I said before, why does God even need a cause? And if he does, why doesn\\'t the Big Bang need a cause?

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

If God does not need a cause, why does the Big Bang?
And why doesn't God need a cause?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

How about instead of prattling on like idiots we actually talk about the topic? As I said before, why does God even need a cause? And if he does, why doesn\\\\'t the Big Bang need a cause?

Was this necessarily to post 17 times?
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Computer glitch? Anyways if God wanted to create a world than why did if he knew sin was going to happen? Wasn't he a good person? Anyways the big bang theory I don't really think is 100% correct. There could have been millions of other ways.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

But, according to the major christian argument (which I don't claim to represent fully. I'm an atheiest) is that God did not create evil, he created free will. We evil humans made the worst of it in some instances, and the best in others, so it ultimately balances out and keeps God in a position where people can claim he is all-seeing, omnipotent, and good.

But if he was/is/whatever omnipotent then he whould dicide our persinalities, from both birth and the envornment. So he whould control who when to heaven, hell, and if you were good or bad. For example, if he made somone give birth in the gheto then they whould be more likly to turn to crime then in a ritch, crimeless land. If he existed... theoretically not.
cweb118
cweb118
77 posts
Nomad

With his free-will he gained pride, thinking that he was better than God

Exsacly.
When this happend, he took 1/3 of the angles with him into hell, and those angles are now known as demons.

Although this is not a known fact or even in the bible, people think Satan said to God; "If you actually gave people free will, they still wouldn't worship you"

POOF! Humans.

Natural disasters? Easy one. The bible says God is a jelious God, meaning he is jelious of us when we worship other gods, or false gods. Sometimes this is a result.

Jesus also said in the last days, there would many earthquakes. In 1980 there were aprox. 14,000 earthquakes a year. In 2009, there were 30,000. So far this year, there has been over 1000, and it's only been a month and a half.
cweb118
cweb118
77 posts
Nomad

Oh yes, and another thing. Why did God make humans even though he knew some would turn on him?
Keyword: Some.
He knew that most would turn on him, but not all would. Thats why he kept going.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

If God is jealous isn't that a sign of imperfection?

cweb118
cweb118
77 posts
Nomad

Jealous of us. As corny as it sounds, he loves us so much he gets jelious when we worship other gods.

It's kinda like cheating on your boyfriend/girlfriend. They get jelious and don't like it.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Isn't jelosy considered a sin to you? That whould mean he sins, thus is immperfect, thus is not omnipotent, so everything in that book whould be a lie.

Showing 151-165 of 1849