ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255456
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

If I were to ask you the same question how would you respond?

I can't speak for wolf but for me objective evidence of such a thing existing. For example God showing up at my door step (doesn't matter what form he wants to take) and demonstrating to me something only he could do like the creation of matter and energy in a way that can be objectively observed and tested to be sure it really was creation of matter and energy and not just a parlor trick and so that that I could be reasonably sure I wasn't hallucinating.

A lot of these points would be rather convincing.
How to Convert an Atheist Part 1
How to Convert an Atheist Part 2
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

You say that now but what happens when you get a Christian girlfriend or meet a super awesome guy who turns out to be a Christian? The same goes for me though of course only on the flip-side. I'm sure you won't always put your faith in objective evidence as you do now, college had a way of making you examine all the possibilities and opening your mind to new ideas. Heck I might even go to the same college as you, wolf, or numbers.

My phone has no flash...stupid Android 2.2 be relased already *grumbles*

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

You say that now but what happens when you get a Christian girlfriend or meet a super awesome guy who turns out to be a Christian? The same goes for me though of course only on the flip-side. I'm sure you won't always put your faith in objective evidence as you do now, college had a way of making you examine all the possibilities and opening your mind to new ideas. Heck I might even go to the same college as you, wolf, or numbers.

If I managed to get a Cristian girlfriend, why would that change anything? I do not give in to peer pressure like that..... And besides, I recall a verse in the Bible that says it would be fine to be together, so that would not stop me either. Objective evidence would still be king, even if someone attempts to tell me other wise.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Really Wolf? hahaha bad examples

Actually they are perfect examples. Many have overt religious motives. As for WW2 Hitler was a firm christian with what may be classified as a unique outlook. His primary target was another religion within the boarders of Europe (and the world). His motives were "Christian" based. Many things have underlying motives.

Common sense dictates? A charasmatic fanatic can turn any person into a zealot. And the more who follow the easier it is. Mob mentality.

@ Samy. One of two things may change my mind set: proof of god, and a near death experience. I have personal reasons to suspect god exists but alas these are not enough to override the issues I have with religion.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Ah, screw religion. It is the cause of all the wars you listed. But God, God is what Christianity is about. It's about a personal relationship with the father, the son, and the holy spirit. Religion has its moments but can often fall to archaic dogmas that hinder it's ability to do it's intended purpose.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Ah, screw religion. It is the cause of all the wars you listed. But God, God is what Christianity is about. It's about a personal relationship with the father, the son, and the holy spirit. Religion has its moments but can often fall to archaic dogmas that hinder it's ability to do it's intended purpose.

So you are saying the religion is false but the god is true? With that logic, you are in your own religion. Its not actually to rare, I have seen many people who believe in a god though not in a religion.

Then you have to ask yourself a multitude of questions for it to make since...
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Which is why I believe it is out dated. But it has it's purpose. I'll give you that much.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Religion has its moments but can often fall to archaic dogmas that hinder it's ability to do it's intended purpose.

Where do you think the concepts of God come from but those dogmas?
LazyOne
LazyOne
166 posts
Nomad

The purpose of Religion is, according to me,
Keeping the damn crowd easy and calm in the Middle Ages.
And now it has grown to This.

In fact, it damn worked,
"thy shall not commit thievery"
"thy shall not commit adultery"
Imagine what the world would be like without them.
~

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

Of course. Lets look at all the wars atheist have started over religion: The.... nothing

Then we look at you and it solidates my statement.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

You;re ignoring the point though and it is a good point. Atheists have never started a war over beliefs and values, in fact what do atheists have to fight about? Besides scietific theory

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You;re ignoring the point though and it is a good point. Atheists have never started a war over beliefs and values, in fact what do atheists have to fight about? Besides scietific theory

There has been a conflict between a group of atheists who have taken to using false DMCAs (a tactic better known coming from Christians and Muslims on there) to censor the videos they don't agree with. A number of atheists on there all for free speech have spoken out against this group.
This is basically atheists vs. atheists but it's really more a battle of words then anything else.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Religion isn't the cause for war either. Any leader who fights in the name of God is putting up a front.

So to be fair, religion has been used to recruit people to fight in wars, not start them. Oh, the same goes for beliefs and values. Beliefs and values are used to recruit people to fight all the time!

The only reasons why atheists don't fight in the name of God is obvious. What you just said doesn't justify how religion is bad, but how religion can be abused.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

The abuse of something may very well tarnish it's name and therefore cause it to receive a perception that isn't favourable thus making it "bad" to some people.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The abuse of something may very well tarnish it's name and therefore cause it to receive a perception that isn't favourable thus making it "bad" to some people.

Rapists abuse the internet by looking for victims online. Does this mean that the internet is bad?

Religion can inspire many different things, good and bad. If we label everything that can be abused as bad, then what good is even left in the world? Almost everything can be abused.
Showing 1636-1650 of 1849