ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255350
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Depends. If you name it you can already prescribe it. The only answer to everything is nothing, for everything came from nothing, will return to nothing and so practically is nothing. Why do we excist? If there's a god, why does he excist? And If there's no god, how about karma and balances?

Healmeal, I'm not really sure how this is a response to what I posted. We have to name it, because we haven't developed a meta-language to truly talk about any notions of "god."
Healmeal
Healmeal
1,941 posts
Nomad

Healmeal, I'm not really sure how this is a response to what I posted. We have to name it, because we haven't developed a meta-language to truly talk about any notions of "god."

Heheh I'm just going to far, Never mind it. I won't come up with it anymore unless asked upon.
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

The abuse of something may very well tarnish it's name and therefore cause it to receive a perception that isn't favourable thus making it "bad" to some people.

Your ignoring the point, you were just proven wrong by Mage's post.
Accept for the...what is it two, three we are in now?

Is this actually Mage? I have never witnesses this many mistakes by you? (Grammar)
Dash
Dash
51 posts
Nomad

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

God created the earth to be perfect. No evil, no nothing.
But since lucifer(Angel form) was casted out of the heaven for defying god and then he turned into satan. Then, god created everything such as plants, the water, rocks, etc..
He also created Adam and Eva, and a very special tree.
God said to adam and eva to do not eat the fruits from that special tree. He did not gave reasons of why not.
Since at that moment there wasn't NO evil/bad on that time, so they respected god's orders. But satan is the master of lies. Later then, satan turned into a snake and was roaming the special tree.
Eva was sitting below the tree; Then satan (the snake) came to eva briving her to eat the fruit of that tree. But eva remembered what god said to her "Do not eat from that tree" and she did not eat. But satan didin't gave up. He continued saying lies to eva (Adam wasn't there at the moment) untill eva ate from the tree. Then satan told her to tell adam to eat from the fruit too.
She told him, he ate and god got mad and the sky flashed. When eva and adam saw themselvs, they quickly tried to cover their genitals.

That's how the "evil/bad" things started. And no, god did not create satan.
Switchbladez
Switchbladez
22 posts
Nomad

If God created all things. They the evil flowing from my body would cause the armageddon. lol.

Dash
Dash
51 posts
Nomad

If God created all things. They the evil flowing from my body would cause the armageddon. lol.

I believe that's completely offtopic, dude.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

That's how the "evil/bad" things started. And no, god did not create satan.

Did God create the angels?

If so, God created Satan. Satan was once one of God's best angels before he turned and fought God in some sort of epic war or something. God created rules for his angels and creations to abide by. By creating these rules, he created right and wrong in the same manner that people create the notion of right and wrong. Therefore, God did create evil.
Dash
Dash
51 posts
Nomad

Did God create the angels?

You know something, im not sure about god creating angels and satan though.
Satan was never a angel by the way.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

http://reluctant-messenger.com/history04.htm

I honestly don't know where this story came from, but I was taught that Lucifer was one of God's best angels before the creation of man. Lucifer didn't create hell, God created hell and cast Lucifer there for turning against God.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

http://reluctant-messenger.com/rebellion.htm

I just picked up some sites I googled, but that's the stuff I was taught, more or less.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

God created all things which includes the angels which would further include Satan (or Lucifer as is his name). God created evil by the way of creating good. As evil is the opposite of good not following God's rules would be the definition of evil.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Oh really then what was he? (note sarcasm)
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

God created evil by the way of creating good. As evil is the opposite of good not following God's rules would be the definition of evil.

So if God made a rule saying to rape little girls and kill the ones who get pregnant, not doing this would be evil?
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

So if God made a rule saying to **** little girls and kill the ones who get pregnant, not doing this would be evil?

Well put, sir. A classic problem of evil that seems prima facie irreconcilable. I think it's Euthyphro Dilemma? I can't remember now...

Of course the other alternative is to say that morality is not dependent on God's will, but then there's a problem with God's omnipotence.

God created evil by the way of creating good.

I don't think any theist would or should accept this claim. On no account does God "create" evil. The problem is that God allows suffering to happen, even though He has the power to stop it.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Can we, for once, suppose God is like me?

I don't care what you think about me. I don't care if you agree with me or disagree with me. As long as you behave, I won't ban your ass. If I enjoy your presence, I let you get away with stuff. If I hate you, I make your time on AG fairly miserable. You can do just about anything you want on AG, if I hate it, I tell you to stop. If I don't mind, I let you be. Rules change over time depending what direction the site is going in.

Heck, I don't see why God can't be that way.

Showing 1666-1680 of 1849