ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 254506
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Rules change over time depending what direction the site is going in.

But since you're not there changing the rules, how do we know that the rules would change for the better? We might offend you by changing certain rules
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

But since you're not there changing the rules, how do we know that the rules would change for the better? We might offend you by changing certain rules

There are the obvious rules for posting online, such as no obscenity, no flaming, no racism, and so on, and there are the rules that we sort of enforce until it becomes a norm. Nowhere does it say that you can't make forum clubs, but we got to the point where forum threads are frowned upon by older members and newer members have their clubs locked.

We aren't very strict here, and we allow a lot of freedom, we just take care of the things that get out of hand.

Now back to God. I don't see why he can't have a personality that some theists may not be particularly fond of.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Hmm...what if there was a particular thing that the normies wanted to do and they themselves approved of it, even though they never knew for themselves if the masters approve? An example, the signature movement. They keep putting up signatures, even ones that are so bold that it annoys or angers the administration so they warn/ban guys. How would something like this work in a biblical perspective? Has there been recorded documentation or evidence of an angered god wrecking havoc on its creations because they did something to anger it? Of course in the AG community, there is definite proof and yes the "gods" have the power to ban (kill) at will XD

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Hmm...what if there was a particular thing that the normies wanted to do and they themselves approved of it, even though they never knew for themselves if the masters approve? An example, the signature movement. They keep putting up signatures, even ones that are so bold that it annoys or angers the administration so they warn/ban guys. How would something like this work in a biblical perspective? Has there been recorded documentation or evidence of an angered god wrecking havoc on its creations because they did something to anger it? Of course in the AG community, there is definite proof and yes the "gods" have the power to ban (kill) at will XD

To do that, you need proof of God. My question was meant for the faith based.
samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

So if God made a rule saying to **** little girls and kill the ones who get pregnant, not doing this would be evil?

Yes. Fortunately for us he didn't make that a rule though.

I don't think any theist would or should accept this claim. On no account does God "create" evil. The problem is that God allows suffering to happen, even though He has the power to stop it.

Let me clarify then; by God creating good he allowed the existence of evil in the way that warm allows the existence of cold and light allows the existence of dark. God allows sin to exist to allow freewill to exist; sin is the reason for evil in the world not God.

I don't see why he can't have a personality that some theists may not be particularly fond of.

Oh I'm fairly sure he does think homosexuality. The actual God is a very complex being.

Has there been recorded documentation or evidence of an angered god wrecking havoc on its creations because they did something to anger it?

Meet the Old Testament =P
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yes. Fortunately for us he didn't make that a rule though.

So what your saying if God made such a thing a rule you would do it just because he said to?
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Many Christians believe that anyone who does not believe in God will go to hell. If you are a Christian, do you think me and Mage should go to hell? Do you agree with God's decision?

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Meet the Old Testament =P

Samy, we all know the bible isn't certifiably evident... XD
samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

So what your saying if God made such a thing a rule you would do it just because he said to?

No; if he did I probably wouldn't be a Christian even if I believed he existed. However; by definition it would make it "good".

Many Christians believe that anyone who does not believe in God will go to hell. If you are a Christian, do you think me and Mage should go to hell? Do you agree with God's decision?

*Cringe*
I believe that anyone who doesn't accept God as their savior will go to hell. I believe that all humans should go to hell as we can never hope to obtain the glory and greatness of God; lucky for us he gave us his son as a sacrifice so that our sins might be removed, all you have to do is accept the gift to gain eternal life. You decide where you go for eternity by your actions; the choice is not made by God.

Samy, we all know the bible isn't certifiably evident

I do question the Old testament a tad =P
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

*Cringe*
I believe that anyone who doesn't accept God as their savior will go to hell. I believe that all humans should go to hell as we can never hope to obtain the glory and greatness of God; lucky for us he gave us his son as a sacrifice so that our sins might be removed, all you have to do is accept the gift to gain eternal life. You decide where you go for eternity by your actions; the choice is not made by God.

So this is a friendly way of saying you do support God's decision to send us to hell?
samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

So this is a friendly way of saying you do support God's decision to send us to hell?

I don't support it so much as I accept it; as I said God does not send you to hell your actions in this life do. The reason I even try to argue is the hope of maybe, just maybe, making you slightly more curious about what I believe so that you will live forever instead of being perpetually dead.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

I don't support it so much as I accept it; as I said God does not send you to hell your actions in this life do. The reason I even try to argue is the hope of maybe, just maybe, making you slightly more curious about what I believe so that you will live forever instead of being perpetually dead.

Good luck with that. I went to Catholic school. I didn't understand the rituals as well as everyone else, being one of the minute few who weren't Catholic and the only one not baptized at all, but I did understand the said expectations of God that were taught to us more than anyone else.
samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

Good luck with that. I went to Catholic school. I didn't understand the rituals as well as everyone else, being one of the minute few who weren't Catholic and the only one not baptized at all, but I did understand the said expectations of God that were taught to us more than anyone else.

Hey look another problem with Catholicism it's so deeply set in rituals and full of bad theology it causes the simplicity of Christianity to be lost as well as the intimate relationship with God.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Let me tell you a little story from the Bible. There was a man, and he believed in God. This man's name was Abraham. Now, this man also had a son, whose name was Isaac. God told Abraham to kill his son. Now, obviously Abraham didn't want to kill his on, but he believed God had good reason to do so. So he obliged. But, when he was about to kill Isaac, God stopped him. God was simply testing his faith.

The moral is, always trust God to do the right thing.

Yes. As samy said, we all deserve to go to hell. Luck for us, God sacrificed His son, Jesus. But that sacrifice can't be counted for someone who doesn't believe in it. Therefore, they go to Hell.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Yes. As samy said, we all deserve to go to hell. Luck for us, God sacrificed His son, Jesus. But that sacrifice can't be counted for someone who doesn't believe in it. Therefore, they go to Hell.

So you believe, that humans who CAN NOT HELP BUT BE BELOW GOD deserve to endure eternal pain and suffering, just because God made them so inferior to himself. However, God created heaven to reward those who love him, so obviously not everyone deserves to go to hell, because God saw it fit to allow people into heaven.

So what I'm asking is this. Do those who live well deserve to endure pain and suffering simply because they do not except God?
Showing 1681-1695 of 1849