ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255256
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I agree with the above posts. God pushed us all into this lake of life and we're all drowning, him throwing us a lifeline is just a cruelty. I would rather drown and know I did my best to live a good life than be forced to believe a set a beliefs that forced me into the situation I find myself. A world without God holds us to be responsible for our actions. We do good things out of own choice not fear of divine punishment. I think I'll stick with holding myself accountable.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

I never ate fruit because some snake told me to, I didn't event exist yet. Why should I suffer for that?

No, you didn't. But Adam and Eve did. And they gave us all the power that the fruit of the tree had. Therefore, since we all share that power, it is like we all ate the fruit.

So you think over 2/3 of the world will go to hell?

Yes.

With existence comes pain, suffering, and inevitable death.

With existence comes pleasure, happiness, and life.
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry, but this is far to much like the sort of ultimatum a tyrant would make. "Believe in me or suffer forever." This is exactly one of the things that makes me reject and despise religion and the religious. I will not be threatened with eternal ****ation and simply comply because I do not want to be ****ed. There are Christians out there who I believe are morally inferior to me, I've met many, it has to be enough to be a good and moral person.

Many atheists believe they are better than christians, it's just a vise versa thing.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

That isn't what I am saying. I'm saying that I've known and met people who are Christians and yet they lack many of the morals I adhere to. Why should they be saved when, regardless of what I do and do not believe, I am possibly a better person morally?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

No, you didn't. But Adam and Eve did. And they gave us all the power that the fruit of the tree had. Therefore, since we all share that power, it is like we all ate the fruit.

So if a pregnant woman takes drugs and the baby is born addicted the baby should go to jail for drug use as well?
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

My biggest problems with religion are when it's forced onto people, or when those who follow it gain an egocentric complex. Most of religion is based on a selfish point. I will go to Heaven. And the fact that the Bible is "the most published NON-FICTION book in the world." Hrm. It's just ridiculous, all I'm trying to say I guess is: stay in your churches, I'll stay at my house.

Fair enough, have your beliefs, regardless of what others and yourself may think of them, but they're yours not mine.

True story:
On the way to my High School, freshman year (2 years ago), I had to pass a large billboard. As you would think it's changed a lot. But, I kid you not, for almost A YEAR, the billboard had an ad which read: "Atheism is ignorance, let us save you."

Wtf. On top of being insulting, they're going to be hypocritical? I mean I wouldn't fully sate myself as an Atheist, my views are complicated but, wth, you're not the center of the universe.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

So if a pregnant woman takes drugs and the baby is born addicted the baby should go to jail for drug use as well?

This is completely different. What Adam and Eve did was the FIRST sin. They disobeyed a direct order from God Himself. Also, Adam and Eve disobeyed, but what they got out of it was the ability to know right from wrong. They got power. Not an addiction to drugs.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

This is completely different. What Adam and Eve did was the FIRST sin. They disobeyed a direct order from God Himself. Also, Adam and Eve disobeyed, but what they got out of it was the ability to know right from wrong. They got power. Not an addiction to drugs.

Lets say your thrice great grandpa robbed a bank and left the money to your father then yourself. Are you saying you should get hung for what he did, since you have the power of the money?
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Lets say your thrice great grandpa robbed a bank and left the money to your father then yourself. Are you saying you should get hung for what he did, since you have the power of the money?

If I kept the money, yes. But I would give it back. What Adam and Eve did affected the ENTIRE human race. Not just one person. Because of what they did, we should have all been punished by going to Hell. But luckily, God is a loving being, and He sacrificed His own son to absolve us and make us worthy.
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

You know how stupid you sound, right?
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Nope. But I would love to hear why I am and not just you saying you think I'm sounding stupid. That's spam. At least say why you think it's stupid, else I will never know why and I'll just discount it.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

If I kept the money, yes. But I would give it back. What Adam and Eve did affected the ENTIRE human race. Not just one person. Because of what they did, we should have all been punished by going to Hell. But luckily, God is a loving being, and He sacrificed His own son to absolve us and make us worthy.

The money would also go to your brother, your uncles and aunts, your cousins, and your grandparents ect. Are you saying, if you would die without it thus could not give it away, that you should be hung for what he did? It is a hard comparison, because you can not choose to keep it. And are you also saying that even things, such as babies and children, who have not yet benefited from the money, also deserve to die? What about your dog, cat, and other pets. They all get hung to apparently. I guess everyone you know and have ever given so much as a cent to deserves to be hung then?
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

That is completely inappropriate, especially given that possum is providing the foundation for Judeo-Christian faith. There is nothing at all stupid about it, and within the context of that conversation, I think it was well-founded and appropriate.
You can either treat others on this site with respect, or you can GTFO.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

I would give back whatever portion was mine. If the rest of my family didn't, then they would go to jail, and I would understand why. Though, be realistic. We wouldn't be hung for stealing from a bank anyway, and children and pets and whatnot are underage or they're animals and thus, can't go to jail. And I doubt that the only money that I would have in the whole world would be the money my grandpa stole. It's simply a bad comparison. Think about it like this, I just said that every person deserves to go to Hell, as we have all sinned, but Jesus' sacrifice saved us, likewise, we would all go to jail unless we gave back the money or the President pardoned us or something akin to that.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

I would give back whatever portion was mine. If the rest of my family didn't, then they would go to jail, and I would understand why. Though, be realistic. We wouldn't be hung for stealing from a bank anyway, and children and pets and whatnot are underage or they're animals and thus, can't go to jail. And I doubt that the only money that I would have in the whole world would be the money my grandpa stole. It's simply a bad comparison. Think about it like this, I just said that every person deserves to go to Hell, as we have all sinned, but Jesus' sacrifice saved us, likewise, we would all go to jail unless we gave back the money or the President pardoned us or something akin to that.

Like I said, it is a difficult comparison... But I think my literary skills may surpass it!

Lets say your forefather ran away with your foremother illegally and got married, having your entire family. Are you saying that your entire family should be massacred, for something you had no control over?
Showing 1711-1725 of 1849