ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255251
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Except that there are two commanders and the private doesn't know who's in charge?

In this case, we are saying that God created evil, yes? Even though he knew that doing so will cause insurmountable chaos, he did so anyways. Satan was a part of him, and he caused the temptation for the two to eat the forbidden fruits of the tree. He is accountable for his actions. It is like the guy with the control panel for blowing up a nuclear bomb. He knows that if he does so, he will kill billions of innocent people, thus creating a chain of events that will mean that quadrillions of people that would have existed won't, but he does it anyways. Exact same concept.

It's not like the Bible contains their diaries with everything that they ever did within them.

Well it should! I mean, you have something that was "recorded" 6000 B.C. and people still hold it as being true.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

In this case, we are saying that God created evil, yes?

No. God did not create evil.

You attribute that all negative things in the word are the direct result of this original sin. So since that had not happened anything negative such as pain would not have existed yet. Unless you are going to say God did create such things as pain aka suffering.

Or Adam tripped and scraped his knee...
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

So...God created Satan, that was first an angel, and just turned evil by himself, even though angels are the embodiment of pure good?
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

So...God created Satan, that was first an angel, and just turned evil by himself, even though angels are the embodiment of pure good?

No. Satan just thought that he deserved to be God instead. Satan had free will, so he had the ability to turn evil. Satan(Lucifer at the time) thought that he was better than God and better equipped to do His job.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

God supposedly created Satan, who is evil.
Since he created morals and ideals and everything, Satan could not be evil unless God created evil.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Or Adam tripped and scraped his knee...

So we can't attribute all negative things in the world to the original sin?

No. Satan just thought that he deserved to be God instead. Satan had free will, so he had the ability to turn evil. Satan(Lucifer at the time) thought that he was better than God and better equipped to do His job.

So a being a pure good just decided one day "I'm going to be evil and go against my very makeup"?
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

So we can't attribute all negative things in the world to the original sin?

Nope. You can attribute all negative things caused by sin to the the original sin though. The only form of pain that is directly the fault of the first sin is the pain women feel when they give birth.

So a being a pure good just decided one day "I'm going to be evil and go against my very makeup"?

Satan(Lucifer at the time) didn't think he was being evil.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Nope. You can attribute all negative things caused by sin to the the original sin though. The only form of pain that is directly the fault of the first sin is the pain women feel when they give birth.

So pain caused from things like disease, birth defects, naturals disasters, and the like isn't the result of original sin?

Satan(Lucifer at the time) didn't think he was being evil.

It would seem pretty clear that an angel knew the difference.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Angels are far from perfect. They have faults too.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Who said angels are perfect?

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

And he also said they were the embodiment of pure good...
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Arguably angels are weaker beings than humans and are just as susceptible to sin as we are; the trinity is the only embodiment of God in existance.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

I know. That's what I was saying.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Sure is difficult to argue against people who don't know the bible *cough* :P

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

I'm confused. Are we arguing right now? 'Cause I was agreeing with you.... Or are you talking about Mage?

Showing 1741-1755 of 1849