ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255470
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

Isn't jelosy considered a sin to you? That whould mean he sins, thus is immperfect, thus is not omnipotent, so everything in that book whould be a lie.

LOL never thought about that xD

BTW nothing can be omnipotent For example: If God was omnipotent then he could build a wall over which he can't jump. But if he can't jump over it then God isn't omnipotent. --> omnipotence paradox
cweb118
cweb118
77 posts
Nomad

Yeah, one problem.
If He was omnipotent, then wouldn't He automaticly know he couldn't jump the wall?
So then logic would dictate He wouldn't bulid the wall in the first place.

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

1.If he can't build the wall then he isn't omnipotent.
2.If he doesn't want to build it he can't profe that he can build it

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

His omnipotence proves he can build it, fact is that if he does he can jump it. Then again if he's omnipotent he would then be able to jump it.
But he's already built the un-jumpable wall that he can now jump.
Therefore, all you've really proven is that the entire concept of omnipotence is something divine, just like God.
Idk, I don't really go with the whole omnipotent thing there. Why do people have to scientifically classify god as an omnipotent being? Calling God a God is simple enough.

Kragoth
Kragoth
85 posts
Nomad

There is no god.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

If He was omnipotent, then wouldn't He automaticly know he couldn't jump the wall?

So by this line of thinking as long as someone knows there limitations they are considered omnipotent. Sorry but if God couldn't jump an unjumpable wall then he is not omnipotent weather he knows he can or can't is irrelevant.

Idk, I don't really go with the whole omnipotent thing there. Why do people have to scientifically classify god as an omnipotent being? Calling God a God is simple enough.

This is actually one of the problems with God. There are multiple definitions depending on what religion or even what denomination of a religion we are looking at. Thus God is a somewhat undefined thing open to interpretation. As such I could label the screw driver sitting on my desk as God (which by a little experiment I ran it answers more prayers). Of course I wouldn't it's already defined and named.
BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

I believe that the reason there are multiple ideas of this God and not one manifested view is that mankind, in general, is prone to accepting power in a supreme diety in the hope of life after death, the humanity of the ruler of the world, etc. In this perspective, it is not God who created Man, but instead, Mankind who has developed and disseminated the idea of a God to fulfill dreams that could never become accomplished in the real world.

Chandler7
Chandler7
36 posts
Nomad

Jesus is the way the truth and the life no one
gets to the father except through him !

go to Dr.Dino.com/seminaries

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

Keep dreaming, Chandler.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I believe that the reason there are multiple ideas of this God and not one manifested view is that mankind, in general, is prone to accepting power in a supreme diety in the hope of life after death, the humanity of the ruler of the world, etc. In this perspective, it is not God who created Man, but instead, Mankind who has developed and disseminated the idea of a God to fulfill dreams that could never become accomplished in the real world.

Humans have an amazing capacity to anthropomorphize things. So looking at something like a volcano or storm I can understand how such powerful natural forces could be viewed as some sort of entity by those who didn't fully understand what was happening.

go to Dr.Dino.com/seminaries

Seriously your going to hold up a site toting Kent Hovind and Ray Comfort as credible?
hazelrocks23
hazelrocks23
31 posts
Nomad

if god sends you to hell but not satan? does it mean like satan works for god to punish the corrupted?

Dubness2
Dubness2
389 posts
Nomad

God created Satan. Satan wanted to be more powerful than God. God kicked him from Heaven. Satan is very powerful but not as powerful as God. Satan tries to get everyone to sin and cast away God so he will take peoples' souls to Hell with Him for an eternity.

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

And how do you know this, Dubness?

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

And how do you know this, Dubness?

Maybe he is educated...
Christian myithology is easy to find on the Internet either....
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Maybe he is educated...
Christian myithology is easy to find on the Internet either....

Considering he was stating it as fact not mythology then the question still stands. Unless he has evidence then it's a baseless claim. Oh and the Bible is as much evidence as Harry Potter is evidence for the existence of real magic.
Showing 166-180 of 1849