ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 254368
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

Also: Lust=One of the 7 Deadly Sins.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Your post ninja'd me. And when I said between a male and a female, I said in general. I'm not an idiot, I know Biology.

That does not answer the question.

Sex in general isn't wrong. Sex outside of marriage is wrong, however. It's wrong because that sex is for lust and not love.

With a majority of sex is.

That is a generalization, I will give the example of the fictional characters Romeo and Juliet. They would be considered "In love" yet they were not married.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Also: Lust=One of the 7 Deadly Sins.

So is jealousy, yet you call your god a "jealous god"
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Indeed, I forgot about that. Yet how is lust wrong? And what is love? Lust is nothing more than the animal instinct in humans to reproduce, is that so wrong?

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

That is a generalization, I will give the example of the fictional characters Romeo and Juliet. They would be considered "In love" yet they were not married.

Have you read Romeo and Juliet? They were married.

Lust is nothing more than the animal instinct in humans to reproduce, is that so wrong?

Humans are above animals.

So is jealousy, yet you call your god a "jealous god"

Click.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Have you read Romeo and Juliet? They were married.

But they fell in love before they were married.

We are animals in scientific definition, so no, we are not.

Your link is broke.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

We are classifiable as such.
Humans
Species: Homo Sapien
Genus: Homo
Tribe: Hominini
Subfamily: Homininae
Family: Hominidae
Order: Primate
Class: Mammalia
Phylum: Chordata
Kingdom: Animalia aka Animal Kingdom
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

Care to explain. I would happily agree that humans are THE dominant animal. But how are we above animals.
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

But they fell in love before they were married.

And? So does everybody. They didn't have sex before they were married, if that's what you mean.

We are animals in scientific definition, so no, we are not.

Science, science, science. We are so radically different than animals though. We are the only beings on Earth who have sex for fun and stop that sex from making babies. We are the only ones who have made all these incredible things E.G.: YOUR COMPUTER we can fly faster than any bird are we can go beneath the ocean. We can survive in any climate and we have a written language... We are above the rest.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

And? So does everybody. They didn't have sex before they were married, if that's what you mean.

Yes but it gets rid of " If your not married and have sex then it is just lust" as you just said you can be in love before having sex...

Science, science, science. We are so radically different than animals though. We are the only beings on Earth who have sex for fun and stop that sex from making babies. We are the only ones who have made all these incredible things E.G.: YOUR COMPUTER we can fly faster than any bird are we can go beneath the ocean. We can survive in any climate and we have a written language... We are above the rest.

We are deferentially the rulers of earth. No one is denying that. But we are still animals in every scientific definition.
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

We are the only beings on Earth who have sex for fun

Before making assumptions I suggest you do research dude. Plenty of animals have sex for fun. And regardless of our "differences" it doesnt make us ABOVE animals, just the dominant animal.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

We are so radically different than animals though.

Sure we have a more complex brain but that doesn't make us so radically different that we are not animals. Plenty of animals have far superior features to any other species on the planet. Would you consider a basset hound not an animal because it possesses the most sensitive nose or a giraffe not an animal for it's overly developed neck? If not why would you regard humans not an animal because of an overly developed brain?

We are the only beings on Earth who have sex for fun and stop that sex from making babies.

Nope, chimps have been shown to have sex for fun, so have dolphins, just to name a couple.

We are the only ones who have made all these incredible things E.G.: YOUR COMPUTER we can fly faster than any bird are we can go beneath the ocean.

While we are able to do it in a more complex fashion making things isn't limited to humans. Nor are we the only species to use tools to accomplish thing we would otherwise be unable to do. We have simply taken this ability to it's extreme.

We can survive in any climate and we have a written language... We are above the rest.

Actually no there are climates we can't survive in, we circumvent those climates using the traits talked about above. but being able to survive in multiple climates isn't new to the animal world.

While it is true we are the only species to use written language, this is only a byproduct of the way our brains work. But again having a trait no other species has doesn't make it a non animal.

As for being above the rest this is all a matter of how you define this. If you mean based on our ability to create, think, and reason then yes. But really we can be beat out in pretty much every other way.
But since this trait is what you consider to be the thing that makes us dominate above all other animals, to the point of not even being one. Then why do you have such a problem with science, considering it's a process of using this very traits to it's fullest?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Furthermore humans are perhaps the lowest of animals. We do not adapt to our environment fully, we simply destroy the natural world. All other animals find a balance in their habitat.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

All other animals find a balance in their habitat.

... except for the ones that don't. Parasites, locusts, spruce bark beetles, beavers, etc.

we have a written language...

Not all cultures do, actually. So, by your definition, are these people somehow "lower" organisms?
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

What culture doesn't have a written language?

Showing 1801-1815 of 1849