ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255404
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

Unicorns= Horses, Dragons= Dinosaurs, Demons= Satan and such, which os part of our religon and when the bible talks about giants it does not refer to 20 foot tall beasts, but more 7-8 feet tall men who got what they wanted through brute force.

So, through that statement, you admit that the Bible got some things wrong, yes? You are also then admitting that not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally. If unicorns are mentioned in the Bible, doesn't that make them real, by the standards most Christians live by? But if they aren't real, that means the Bible was either wrong or it was not meant to be taken literally at all times.

Either way, literal translation, by what you just said, is not something people should consider.
cweb118
cweb118
77 posts
Nomad

Unicorns= Horses, Dragons= Dinosaurs, Demons= Satan

Close. Unicorns is actually a miss-translation. In the KJV, instead of Ox,(Two horns) they thought it said Unicorn(One Horn)
Dragon is the Hebrew word for Dinosaur.
Demons are fallen angles that sided with Satan.
Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

Demons are fallen angles that sided with Satan.

Depending on what version of the fall of the Devil you believe in... *coughs* Extra parts of Bible *coughs*
cweb118
cweb118
77 posts
Nomad

What do you mean by that?

CB4
CB4
86 posts
Nomad

If you want to totally get the bible right, you pretty much have to learn Hebrew, this is where a lot of people get confused, taking the bible to bbe english when it can be totally different in Hebrew.

As an example, i'm sure you know of the trinity, God, Jesus and the Holy spirit all are all one: Jehovah. This is ofter misunderstood, the Hebrew have two words for 1, '1' as in one apple, and '1' as in one basketball team, one containing many. Things like this are often the basis of atheist arguments, the arguments make perfect sense in english, but read the bible in Hebrew and it falls apart.

Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

What do you mean by that?

Well, there are many different part of the Bible that apparently have been, ah, hidden... by The Church. Some are rumored to be about Jesus having a wife and children, others say that there are different versions of the fall of the Devil. It wouldn't surprise me.
Chandler7
Chandler7
36 posts
Nomad

its not that they hide things they canonized it ( and Jesus never had a wife and kids )

Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

its not that they hide things they canonized it ( and Jesus never had a wife and kids )

They would not reveal the information on the documents. That is called "hiding things" in case you were not aware of the definition. Of course, no one can be completely sure what is on those ancient texts because, you guessed it, The Church is hiding the information.

Really, what would have been so bad about Jesus having a wife and kids? What in that makes a Christian's view of Jesus any less than it is? That is, from what the Bible says, what flesh is supposed to do: make more flesh. And guess what? Jesus was made of flesh. He was full of that stuff.
Agoff1101
Agoff1101
49 posts
Nomad

Gravity is only a law because, so far, we have not been able to disprove it yet. Who says that there isn't some strange condition that will make gravity not work for a brief moment? What if gravity is a cycle in the scenario I just mentioned? What then? What if gravity is actually very unstable, we just haven't experienced its instability yet?

You obviously have no idea what gravity is. In case you don't know, Sir Isac Newton devised Calculus in order to prove gravity. that the real reason for calc. also someone you may have heard of wrote a paper on special and general relativity which is largely based on gravity. They figured out that gravity isn't just that the earth makes us stay on the ground but that all thing have gravity and pull other things towards them. Albert Einstein proved that gravity is a "dimple" in space time that causes other things to "fall" towards it. (that is not totally accurate but it is in general correct and easier for you people to understand)
http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1997-06-30/gravity.jpg
Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

Albert Einstein proved that gravity is a "dimple" in space time that causes other things to "fall" towards it.

Really? Albert Einstein proved a condition of reality? That is impossible. No one can prove anything really, they can only hope that the evidence supports their claim for that moment. Really, there is no real way to test every element in existence to see if gravity is, and always was, active and consistent. Admit it, there is not.

I can write something, calling it a law, and as long as no one can prove it wrong, then by that logic, that law is reality.
cweb118
cweb118
77 posts
Nomad

0_0
Thats quite deep.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Actually, I think you may be right. I think it was evolution that had the same proability.

No evolution is not random. Your plane argument fails for that just as much as it fails for the Big Bang. Perhaps even more so. while they may be random elements evolution is not a random process.

Once uppon a time, 2 parralell univerce cell thingys accidentally hit each other,

Thank you for showing me your lack of knowledge on the subject. The other dimension part is part of another theory. It's only one possible explanation on how the singularity got there.

causing a big boomy and making a new reality.

It wasn't a "big boomy" it was more like a rapid expansion. Not only was that incorrect but childish.

Then some random black holes and dust showed up,

First off the matter and energy was already all there in the singularity thus already present in the expansion so dust didn't just show up. Black holes are a result of very compact mass. considering everythign is closer in the past is it really that hard to picture this happening? As for star formation this is an observed event and I'm not so sure is necessitated by black holes.

and the black holes heated the dust into stars, instead of sucking them in for some reason.

If something is far enough away it won't get sucked in but can still be effected by the gravitational forces.

Then some of the dust turned into rocks and orbited the stars.

Particles condensing is what you would expect from the effects of gravity. Besides this is again an observed event.

Then a planet with life ended up happening,

There was probably no life at this point. and we are really moving away from the Big Bang theory at this point.

and another planet hit it, causeing that planet to have a moon,

This defiantly moves away from the Big Bang.

and eventually 500 billion years later humans poped up.

4.6 learn to at least count. and humans didn't just pop up that's what Creationists claim not scientists.

Unicorns= Horses, Dragons= Dinosaurs, Demons= Satan and such, which os part of our religon and when the bible talks about giants it does not refer to 20 foot tall beasts, but more 7-8 feet tall men who got what they wanted through brute force.

Show me a horse with a horn. Yes I know that certain goats can have a mutation resulting in what can appear to be a single spiraling horn however this does not make them unicorns this just makes them mutant goats. Yes dinosaur bones could have perpetuated the myth of dragons but we are talking about living dragons in the Bible something that would have not be possible if they were dinosaurs. demons=satan what's your point? unless you have proof it exists still fantasy. As for giants the Bible only says they were of great size. Besides some religiously minded people think the average human was like 12 feet tall.

Your big bang is a theory. Just that, it has not been proven, and neither have God. You put faith in the big bang as much as we put faith in the bible.

No, do you even understand what a scientific theory is?

"A theory is an explanation of a set of related observations or events based upon proven hypotheses and verified multiple times by detached groups of researchers. One scientist cannot create a theory; he can only create a hypothesis."

So this means we have proven observed events i.e. proof for it to be a theory.
Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

One scientist cannot create a theory; he can only create a hypothesis

Has anyone heard of Newton? Or Einstein? I for one believe that a scientist can create a theory all on their own... But if you are saying that more scientists are needed in the sense that scientific facts and theories are needed to support and explain a theory... then at that point you may be correct.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Has anyone heard of Newton? Or Einstein? I for one believe that a scientist can create a theory all on their own...

No Nawton and Einstein alone didn't create their theories they only were the originators.

But if you are saying that more scientists are needed in the sense that scientific facts and theories are needed to support and explain a theory... then at that point you may be correct.

It needs to be independently verified through peer review so basically yes that's what I'm saying.

I think I said it hear personal experience can be flawed that's why we need to have someone else check the claim. This applies to any claim in science. So when we ask for evidence for things like God this is what we are talking about. We aren't trying to be mean we are just putting the claim to the same standards we put any claim. But when the best you can come up with is feelings, faith and some collection of old books that don't fit observed reality it doesn't help the creditability of that claim but just makes it less believable.
Xervicx
Xervicx
37 posts
Nomad

Theories can be made by one person. A strong theory must be created by a highly credible individual or by many others in order for other people to actually consider it. A theory, by its definition, does not have a number requirement. A hypothesis is more of a guess at how an experiment will turn out. A theory could suggest why, how, or when the results turn out the way they do. Anyone can make a theory, or a hypothesis, or an estimate.

And Einstein produced the the photon theory. Darwin produced the Evolutionary Theory, which was his creation, not something he got a team to come up with.

Showing 316-330 of 1849