ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255139
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
1,855 posts
Nomad

If your god existed then why didn't he tell them what to say?

He didn't want to control us. It would just be like a puppeteer controlling puppets. He gives us the choice because if we are bad at heart then we should not be rewarded.
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

False. The big bang has evidince supporting it.

Try me.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Try me.
First of all, we are reasonably certain that the universe had a beginning.
Second, galaxies appear to be moving away from us at speeds proportional to their distance. This is called "Hubble's Law," named after Edwin Hubble (1889-1953) who discovered this phenomenon in 1929. This observation supports the expansion of the universe and suggests that the universe was once compacted.
Third, if the universe was initially very, very hot as the Big Bang suggests, we should be able to find some remnant of this heat. In 1965, Radioastronomers Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson discovered a 2.725 degree Kelvin (-454.765 degree Fahrenheit, -270.425 degree Celsius) Cosmic Microwave Background radiation (CMB) which pervades the observable universe. This is thought to be the remnant which scientists were looking for. Penzias and Wilson shared in the 1978 Nobel Prize for Physics for their discovery.
Finally, the abundance of the "light elements" Hydrogen and Helium found in the observable universe are thought to support the Big Bang model of origins.

That should do it, taken from http://www.big-bang-theory.com/
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

If God exists, why doesn't he actually do something that could not be done by a mortal? Something that beyond a reasonable doubt happened/will happen.

i can see where this is going but their is as much proof as the "big bang" as their is of God so you tell me something where did the big bang come from hmm?

If God did not need to be created, why does the big bang?
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Exaaaaactly.
Same applies for science.

Oh dear. If you read all that and what you got out of that was that I'm agreeing with you, then we can't continue back and forth like this.
The whole point of that was to show that comparing our understanding of science to that of God is completely wrong.
One person can't expect to understand such a broad concept like science or math. All we're contemplating with God is one specific property/properties, like omnipotence.

Try me.

If you're coming to a debate saying that accepted scientific theories are wrong but don't know what the evidence for those theories are, then, again, it's not worth debating you. Not only have people spelled out the big bang theory dozens of times on the WEPR forum, but you can find all this information online.
We're not here to hold your hand. If you have a legitimate point, then argue for it. But paying lip service to tired, bad arguments isn't getting anyone anywhere.
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

i love how every athiest here on this site, disregarded everything moegreche said.. Its actually quite funny, because instead they insist on going after other things. I personally agree with many points moe.

especially the understanding science part and understanding God.

And honestly I'm tried of people saying Prove God exists. We can't prove he exists, we know we cant.. We can tell you his stories thow, his miracles, and what he tried to do to help everyone. So really saying &quotrove God exists" is the exact same as saying "God did it"... And what i mean by that, is its basically causing trolling. Because its just a statement used to get out of a tight spot.. While causing anger and flaming. Like what do you want us to do? Reach up our @sses, and pull out some Godly stone of justice, showing you he exists. Saying proove God exists, is exactly like me asking you to prove every single concept of science for yourself, and then show me it.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Reach up our @sses, and pull out some Godly stone of justice, showing you he exists

Yes, exactly what we want.

God exists, is exactly like me asking you to prove every single concept of science for yourself, and then show me it.

No, it is not. Riligion has its own aria of "science", thology, whitch means its only a portion of all science. God whould count for everything, and MOE IS AN AITHIEST pointing out how you messed up... I think...

But by asking FOR PROOF we are not trolling, just using logic...
nickthepwn
nickthepwn
130 posts
Nomad

I think all these metaphors, references, and just comparisons can be faulted out in the average Christian's mind.

Simple rule that makes everything you say easy to ignore:
Do not limit God with earthly limitations.

Me, by the way, I am heavily Catholic. However I don't believe I can change your views one bit. This is just like people who say this type of thing:

Saying there are no ghosts is like saying there are no animals

there is living proof of animals, there are TV shows with could-be tampered thermometers, some piece of crap "ghost sensor" etc. I can't sway you.

God is not like the average human father. He came before him, can possibly be complicated beyond our minds, could be testing us, etc. We could believe he is doing anything, that everything is possible... if we believe.

I totally agree with ^nonconformist above.
i love how every athiest here on this site, disregarded everything moegreche said.. Its actually quite funny, because instead they insist on going after other things. I personally agree with many points moe.
especially the understanding science part and understanding God.
And honestly I'm tried of people saying Prove God exists. We can't prove he exists, we know we cant.. We can tell you his stories thow, his miracles, and what he tried to do to help everyone. So really saying &quotrove God exists" is the exact same as saying "God did it"... And what i mean by that, is its basically causing trolling. Because its just a statement used to get out of a tight spot.. While causing anger and flaming. Like what do you want us to do? Reach up our @sses, and pull out some Godly stone of justice, showing you he exists. Saying proove God exists, is exactly like me asking you to prove every single concept of science for yourself, and then show me it.

by asking for proof you are asking for something we can not provide, and you know it. we can not prove, we just simply believe. you either believe with us or you dont.

P.S. you may have noticed my grammar deteriorate towards the end. I'm trying to fit in with the "know-it-alls of religion."

Riligion, AITHIEST, whould, thology, gitting, Obomba, Oboma, relise, etc.

after a few pages of misspellings, useless arguements, some denying God exists, some completely believing it, some halfway believing it, i got bored. excuse me as i believe in God and head <--- that way to the Gaming Forum
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

*sigh* uneducated... you guys should get all the facts before debating on the internet apparently you all have been arguing with idiotic Christians who don't know how to represent Christ.

Based on this statment you at least got one thing right.

i can see where this is going but their is as much proof as the "big bang" as their is of God so you tell me something where did the big bang come from hmm?

I don't have access to my photobucket account right now but let's just pretend I put a facepalm pic here.

And honestly I'm tried of people saying Prove God exists. We can't prove he exists, we know we cant.

by asking for proof you are asking for something we can not provide, and you know it. we can not prove, we just simply believe. you either believe with us or you dont.

If there is no evidence he exists it's reasonable to assume he doesn't, to assume otherwise is baseless, bias, and irrational. As such we can't use him as an explanation for anything.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Simple rule that makes everything you say easy to ignore:
Do not limit God with earthly limitations.

The problem here is when we compare God to what it says of his source material (the Bible)and what we can observe to God being all that and some, he falls far short of even Earthly limitations.
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

So by that you just said everything that over 3 billion people in the world believe in is limited to sitting down and saying arg basically?
-facepalm-

-flag-

LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

Saying proove God exists, is exactly like me asking you to prove every single concept of science for yourself, and then show me it.

I doubt they would. Atheists that I know are paticularly lazy.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

So by that you just said everything that over 3 billion people in the world believe in is limited to sitting down and saying arg basically?

I'm not really sure what your saying here. but it's clear by your "-flag-" that your trying to silence me just because you don't like what I have to say. Are you referring to my post on believing in God is irrational or my post saying when we compare Gods perfect limitlessness to our limited flawed self God come up short?
Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

Saying proove God exists, is exactly like me asking you to prove every single concept of science for yourself, and then show me it.

Well most people have the worst reasons ever.
Because he is
is NOT valid proof.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I doubt they would. Atheists that I know are paticularly lazy.

That is a very closed minded thing to say. closed minded people tend to be lazy and not try to understand other people.

damn hypocrite!

-flag-

You flaged him because his ideas differ from yours? Or because you don't want him to say anything that might offend you and your closed minded bias? You are truly are ignorant and want to wallow in your own ignorant little world.
Showing 496-510 of 1849