ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255443
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Read The Bible. Genesis chapter 1. There's your proof.

The Bible is a book of Philosophy, not a book of science. There are hundreds of errors in the Bible.
Try again.
foamfinger12
foamfinger12
20 posts
Nomad

The Bible is a book of Philosophy, not a book of science. There are hundreds of errors in the Bible.
Try again.
Fine go ahead and prove me wrong. If you can find even ONE thing in The Bible that is false let me know. Scientists have been trying to find errors in The Bible for years without luck. But if you find one false thing in The Bible just go ahead and let me know I want to see what you come up with.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

If you can find even ONE thing in The Bible that is false let me know.

Bats are birds. A bat is a mammal if you didn't know.

Leviticus 11:13
And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,

...to...

Leviticus 11:19
And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

Winged things on all fours.
This is the KJV Other versions say insects and others still just omit the species. But still when was the last time you saw a flying animal that walked on four limbs? Last I checked birds go around on two limbs and insects go around on six.

Leviticus 11:20
All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.

Four corner of the earth. As you can tell the Earth doesn't have corners. This appears several places in the Bible.

Isaiah 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

To be fare the word that was translated for corners is Kanaph. meaning corner, border or extremity. If we are to assume it is mean as extremity (and not corner or border) this still one works from a relative rather then global point of view.

A global flood. Not only does this contradict the concept of an all loving God who doesn't want to interfere. There are a number of huge physical problems with why this couldn't have happened. The math alone shows it not to be possible.
The Math of the Great Flood

There is much more evidence then just this that indicate that the Flood never happened as such is false as well.

Need I go on?
foamfinger12
foamfinger12
20 posts
Nomad

OK first of all I'll admit I don't understand the first part with the birds and insects. The second part does not mean corners in literal terms and please expand your thoughts on The Flood I want to know what you think and why you think it is wrong.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

But if you find one false thing in The Bible just go ahead and let me know I want to see what you come up with.

What about the simple fact that the sun, according to Genesis, wasn't created until like halfway through the creation week. So those first few "days" aren't days at all! Days are strictly defined by the sun's rising and setting.
From simple inconsistencies like this to major errors of thinking, the bible is full of empirical errors. I'm afraid that if you're convinced the bible is infallible, then you're in the minority - even among Christians.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Scientists have been trying to find errors in The Bible for years without luck

Creationism was destroyed by science over 138 years ago. All that is left of Creationism are church-based commercial businesses which have a political agenda. These businesses produce bright, shiny books, audio tapes, and video tapes for people to buy so that they could generate some revenue juice for their business. They sell their time to churches for lecturers. Creationism these days is BIG BUSINESS. They make sure to not be left out of the educational system, subverting public school's elected School Boards and producing Creationism "text books" that teach their religion as "science." There has yet to be any creationist scientist who has won a scientific debate against a real scientist.

Many different events in that bible have been debunked by science, yet they just add it into their text, thinking that it doesn't sway a thing. Earth being the center of the universe for instance. Your church has adopted this as fundamental, executing those that would dare question this and other former methods, all to protect the lies of the bible. When Copernicus stepped up and said that the Earth instead revolves around the sun instead of vice-versa, he was executed by the Church. After many other scientists thought this credible, they went ahead and added it in to the bible. I thought this was against the word of God, what he has told his disciples to write? Wasn't everything in the Bible told by god himself? Why did the Church then take out what he has put in and replaced it with what was proven by science?

Noah's flood. When Evolution came along, and paleontologists kept digging up remains of ancient animals, Noah's ark started to sink. So save this, the Church went ahead and clarified that, instead of 2 of every animal, that Noah brought in different kinds of animals. Yet another method, proven by science, written into the Bible by the Church to save their hides.

The age of the Earth. Your Church claims that the Earth is only thousands of years old. Surely you cannot deny the fact that the Earth is a million times older? Why has the bible set in stone that the Earth is so young, when science proves that it is much, much older? Are they going to add that in too? Are they going to also add in that dinosaurs roamed the land before the day that God created the animals?

My point is Foamfinger, do not use the Bible as fact, because none of it really is. The only worth is what lessons and morals it teaches children and the dollar value the Church imposes on it.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Fine go ahead and prove me wrong. If you can find even ONE thing in The Bible that is false let me know

Apparently the Earth is flat...

BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

Fine go ahead and prove me wrong. If you can find even ONE thing in The Bible that is false let me know. Scientists have been trying to find errors in The Bible for years without luck. But if you find one false thing in The Bible just go ahead and let me know I want to see what you come up with.

I think someone mentioned something about Heliocentrism earlier. In summary, the biblical quote that "the earth cannot be moved", or something, was initially interpretted by the Church as Geocentrism. But we all know that the Earth revolves around the Sun, not vice versa.

The manifested opinion that God created all organisms was dismissed by society multiple times throughout history. The prevailing theory we hold today is the idea of evolution.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The Flood I want to know what you think and why you think it is wrong.

As indicated in that video the math alone is more then enough to disprove a global flood but here are a few more problems.

-All marine life would have died due to the result of changing salinity levels in the ocean. (unless he brought aboard all the thousands of species of marine animals sinking his boat even more)

-All plant life would have died as a result of being under water and having the sun block out for so long by cloud cover. (this includes aquatic plants).

-There would be almost no genetic diversity among any species and we would be able to easily detect that all life had once been brought down to only a hand full at most, which we don't.
Noah's Ark and the Cheetah

-Many species live in very specific climates. For instance an antarctic penguin requires a vastly different climate then an African elephant.

-There is no geological evidence. If it had flooded as much as indicated the amount of rain fall required would have left numerous signs of ground pounding.There is no indication of a flood in geological layers. All way have is erosion from very localized sources.

-Ignoring the question where did the water come from, where did all the water go?

What about the simple fact that the sun, according to Genesis, wasn't created until like halfway through the creation week. So those first few "days" aren't days at all! Days are strictly defined by the sun's rising and setting.

There is an even bigger problem with this part of the Bible. Without the gravitational forces exerted from a solar body you can't have the planets orbit, for that matter you can't have a planet. God would have had to stand in for the sun until he got around to creating it. This is like building a house then the foundation, a very backwards way of doing things especially for a supposed perfect being.

The only worth is what lessons and morals it teaches children and the dollar value the Church imposes on it.

As I have shown several times by now, even when you boiling it down to just being a moral guide it's still very self contradicting.
foamfinger12
foamfinger12
20 posts
Nomad

Wow......you have all been corrupted by the twisted truth Satan wants you to believe. If you ever read The Bible you would learn valuable things proving science and your opinions wrong while also learning valuable lessons that could change your life. Now I'm a Christian and I KNOW The Bible is 100% truth. Choose not to believe that if you want but science is finite and God and His Holy Word are not. Science will also always contradict itself. Now I'm not saying you believe in it but science says evolution took place, if so according to science characterization we would all still have characteristic of the amoeba we allegedly once were. Science will always have a way of contradicting itself. The Bible won't.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

If you ever read The Bible you would learn valuable things proving science and your opinions wrong

Wow... You think what we can see is false, but what a 300 year old book says is true? Seriosly?

while also learning valuable lessons that could change your life

You mean like stone your wife if she had sex before you? Or what about killing people who sleep with animals?

Now I'm a Christian and I KNOW The Bible is 100% truth

So your just ignoring the evidence against the Bible... Congrats, you are now officialy closed minded.

Science will also always contradict itself

Name one time.

would all still have characteristic of the amoeba we allegedly once were

We do, on a cell level. We have the same basic structure for cells, a nucleus, mitocondria, cell membrain, ect that the algy and amiba have.

Science will always have a way of contradicting itself. The Bible won't

No, the Bible has controdicted itself maney times, and science is made to contridict itself so we can actual KNOW more.

Congrats on gitting "The most closed mind Cristian of the week!" award.
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

If you ever read The Bible you would learn valuable things proving science and your opinions wrong while also learning valuable lessons that could change your life.

This guy's either a troll or just an idiot. I think the best thing we can do is act like he's not even posting. There are some good conversations/debates that come out of this, but not if we have to deal with ignorance at this level.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I KNOW The Bible is 100% truth.

OH! Thank God that the bible is truth! You see, I knocked a slave upon the head with a baseball bat the other day. He didn't die, but I still felt bad. But now I know it's ok!

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

So your just ignoring the evidence against the Bible... Congrats, you are now officialy closed minded.

You are the closed minded one, for not seeing that there is a power greater than anything you could ever imagine you little mortal fool.
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post but:

Wow... You think what we can see is false, but what a 300 year old book says is true? Seriosly?

Yes we do, because unlike most of you fools we can understand what the greater power of the world is, and how to believe it. And besides, we are older than the book, and the book is more than three hundred years old. Theee hundred years ago was when there were colonists in North America stupid. That was not bible times.
Showing 541-555 of 1849