ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255204
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

If what God told his disciples to write down in the Bible constituted lawful-good, then I will NOT have any part of it. I'll follow modern law and my own morals, thank you.

LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

So I have to explain it again? -Sigh-. God did not create the bad things in the world. The Devil used to be angel, wanted to overthrow God, got banished to hell, turned himself into a serpent, created sin, and now there are bad things in the world. God created only good things.
you guys know what I realized... if god existed everyone would be driving eco-friendly ferraris. And live in mansions.

Wrong.

If God created us and is all knowing then he did so giving us the capacity to do evil fulling knowing we would.

Wrong. Read the beginning of Genesis. There was no sin in the world. God made us without free will.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

If what God told his disciples to write down in the Bible constituted lawful-good, then I will NOT have any part of it. I'll follow modern law and my own morals, thank you.

Thats a great way to put it.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Wrong. Read the beginning of Genesis. There was no sin in the world. God made us without free will.

I thought you said he was omnipotent, in whitch case he whould know everything that has happened, will happen, and is happining, so either he knew we whould sin or he is not omnipotent, both go against the Cristian god.
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

I thought you said he was omnipotent, in whitch case he whould know everything that has happened, will happen, and is happining, so either he knew we whould sin or he is not omnipotent, both go against the Cristian god.

Spell Check: it is would not whould.

He knew there would be sin. He PLANS everything and KNOWS everything and has the ability to change it. So if sin did happen, then God WANTED it to happen. Case closed.

I pray that I don't get flamed.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

So I have to explain it again? -Sigh-. God did not create the bad things in the world. The Devil used to be angel, wanted to overthrow God, got banished to hell, turned himself into a serpent, created sin, and now there are bad things in the world. God created only good things.

For the Devil to do something bad like try to overthrow God, evil would have needed to have existed, and for it to exist God would have needed to create it.
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

For the Devil to do something bad like try to overthrow God, evil would have needed to have existed, and for it to exist God would have needed to create it.

He DID. He influenced Satan's mind, causing him to go mad with Envy. Truthfully I get tired of explaining this.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

He DID. He influenced Satan's mind, causing him to go mad with Envy. Truthfully I get tired of explaining this.

So your all loving god sent a friend to hell? Nice thought there...
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

So your all loving god sent a friend to hell? Nice thought there...

Explanation time again...

God is not completely loving. he punishes those who say things or do things against him, however, for those of you who have sworn at him or said he sucks balls or a$$ or something like that, you WILL pay for it, just not now.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

God is not completely loving. he punishes those who say things or do things against him, however, for those of you who have sworn at him or said he sucks balls or a$$ or something like that, you WILL pay for it, just not now.

You just said he MADE Satan betray him, then punished him for what god forced him to do. It whould be like me using you as a puppet to kill somone then arrest you for murder...
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

You just said he MADE Satan betray him, then punished him for what god forced him to do. It whould be like me using you as a puppet to kill somone then arrest you for murder...

That was to teach his other angels that if they do anything, because unlike humans, angels always have free will, that they would suffer greatly. And no, God is not a dictator or a mass-murderer.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

That was to teach his other angels that if they do anything, because unlike humans, angels always have free will, that they would suffer greatly. And no, God is not a dictator or a mass-murderer

So your saying he tossed a random angel in hell who he took the free will from to prove a point? Yes, that makes total since, I better go tell the govornment to throw random people in jail to make a point...
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

So your saying he tossed a random angel in hell who he took the free will from to prove a point? Yes, that makes total since, I better go tell the govornment to throw random people in jail to make a point...

You don't get it do you?

God knew that Satan would try and overthrow him. So he influenced his mind so he would have no thoughts about NOT trying, so he could show the example. It was COMPLETELY planned. 0.000000% random. So I suggest trying to find a new debating strategy.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

He knew there would be sin. He PLANS everything and KNOWS everything and has the ability to change it. So if sin did happen, then God WANTED it to happen. Case closed.

Thus making him responsible for it.
Not to mention this makes punishing all humans for sinning make no sense.

God: I want them to have sin then I will punish them for what I want them to do.

So God placed the devil (doesn't actually say the snake was the devil but anyway) and the tree down there that could F* everything up creating a recipe for disaster. He must have created humans flawed otherwise Adam and Eva wouldn't have fallen for the snakes sales pitch in the first place. So we have ignorant flawed humans, a tree that can F* up everything, and a dude to steer it all down hill, all placed there by God who knew what would happen. But he isn't responsible for any of it?! WTF!
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

God knew that Satan would try and overthrow him. So he influenced his mind so he would have no thoughts about NOT trying, so he could show the example. It was COMPLETELY planned. 0.000000% random. So I suggest trying to find a new debating strategy.

Now I get it
"Angels, you have free will, but if you think one inpure thought Im sending you to hell!"

Ya. Real free will there. And if he is able to influance minds of free willed, then they are not truely free willed.
Showing 571-585 of 1849