ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255491
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

He must have created humans flawed otherwise Adam and Eva wouldn't have fallen for the snakes sales pitch in the first place.

Who is Eva?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Also, your myth states that he knew Satan whould betray him, but what if it was an oricals folly? He saw somthing in the future so he forced it to happen? Like an orical who sees his own grusome death and to prevent it commets suicide on the day the thought he saw it, thus compleating the proficy.

LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

I've never heard of that happening ONCE.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

God knew that Satan would try and overthrow him. So he influenced his mind so he would have no thoughts about NOT trying, so he could show the example. It was COMPLETELY planned. 0.000000% random. So I suggest trying to find a new debating strategy.

So God forced Lucifer to betray him just so he could punish him for it? God sounds like an A Hole here.

Who is Eva?

I'm sorry that was a typo *Eve, better? Now that your done being a grammar Nazi care to get back to the debate?
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

LiveInPeace29 says:

God is not completely loving. he punishes those who say things or do things against him

If you accept this tenet, which would and should be denied by any Christian, then you're not even in this debate any longer. Not only would this be an imperfection, but God is, by definition, all loving. At least the Christian God is.
I seriously haven't heard one good argument/point/statement from you. And yet you've already decided to call people who disagree with you fools.
Have you considered that you're simply not as equipped to handle this debate as you think you are? Calling someone a fool for not following your erroneous reasoning simply isn't the way to make your point made.
Either stick to well thought-out arguments that actually make sense or consider yourself a non-factor in this debate.
BeastMode10
BeastMode10
374 posts
Nomad

God knew that Satan would try and overthrow him. So he influenced his mind so he would have no thoughts about NOT trying, so he could show the example. It was COMPLETELY planned. 0.000000% random. So I suggest trying to find a new debating strategy

If God initially created all organisms to be pure and loving, and if God really is as omnipotent as they say, then Satan wouldn't have developed thoughts of conspiracy in the first place.
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

Wow. -Looks at the last several posts- You seriously have no idea what my point of view is here do you? I'm a Christian. I'm not on EITHER side in this debate. Mostly because it is childish and unnecessary. Furthermore I know that Christianity is the right religion and Atheism is a bunch of blah hah for people who are afraid to choose a real religion. So I'm not on either side of this regardless of this, so you can stop flaming me with religion based comments, as I am just trying to get points across.

By the way I will never change my opinion about Atheists. Which is, that they fail at life.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

You have yet to have any reason to say atheists fail at life, and the only reason you have to say your religion is right is because you want to be right, your religion is as irrational as the rest.

LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

You have yet to have any reason to say atheists fail at life, and the only reason you have to say your religion is right is because you want to be right, your religion is as irrational as the rest.

Lol. By that you just called Atheism irrational. I rest my case. Atheists fail to think before they speak. The rare occasions in which they do, they think the wrong way.
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

Really... I mean if your going to try and flame me by being the trolls you are, think about it before you post. (Pardon my double-post.)

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Wow. -Looks at the last several posts- You seriously have no idea what my point of view is here do you? I'm a Christian. I'm not on EITHER side in this debate. Mostly because it is childish and unnecessary. Furthermore I know that Christianity is the right religion and Atheism is a bunch of blah hah for people who are afraid to choose a real religion. So I'm not on either side of this regardless of this, so you can stop flaming me with religion based comments, as I am just trying to get points across.

By the way I will never change my opinion about Atheists. Which is, that they fail at life.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/permanent-facepalm-facepalm-fail-pigeon-demotivational-poster-1260284257.jpg

Your points are so weak they fall apart under there own weight. You need to just stop and rework your whole argument because as stated "you're not even in this debate any longer."
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

I'm a Christian. I'm not on EITHER side in this debate

Then why are you even posting here? We're here for debate. As I said before, either start developing and getting across well thought out arguments or just stop posting.

your religion is as irrational as the rest. [quote]Lol. By that you just called Atheism irrational. I rest my case.
[/quote]

How do you figure that at all? Are you suggesting atheism is a religion? I really really hope not...
Even still, atheism is not faith-based, how on earth could it be irrational??

Atheists fail to think before they speak. The rare occasions in which they do, they think the wrong way.

You're not even stereotyping here. At least stereotyping has some sort of basis in reality. You're just... saying stuff.

Really... I mean if your going to try and flame me by being the trolls you are, think about it before you post.

Most of the people on here are simply refuting your arguments (if you can even call them that). You're the one who has resorted to name calling and refuses to even acknowledge points made against your beliefs.

But in all seriousness, if you don't want to debate, that's fine. No one is trying to change your mind. I seriously doubt anyone expects to do so, especially on a gaming forum. But for those of us who actually just appreciate the pure joy of assessing and coming up with arguments, it can be a lot of fun.
You're getting all cranky and offended and taking things personally. But it's not personal. I'm saying your arguments and reasoning fail - not you as a person.

I will say this, though. I firmly believe that many people are justified and rational in their belief in God. But based on your attitude and arguments, LiveinPeace, I would have to say you're one of those theists who is completely unjustified and irrational. Using nothing more than brute faith and circular reasoning is not the way to intellectually engage these legitimate problems with the notion of a God.
LiveInPeace29
LiveInPeace29
468 posts
Nomad

Most of the people on here are simply refuting your arguments (if you can even call them that). You're the one who has resorted to name calling and refuses to even acknowledge points made against your beliefs.
But in all seriousness, if you don't want to debate, that's fine. No one is trying to change your mind. I seriously doubt anyone expects to do so, especially on a gaming forum. But for those of us who actually just appreciate the pure joy of assessing and coming up with arguments, it can be a lot of fun.
You're getting all cranky and offended and taking things personally. But it's not personal. I'm saying your arguments and reasoning fail - not you as a person.
I will say this, though. I firmly believe that many people are justified and rational in their belief in God. But based on your attitude and arguments, LiveinPeace, I would have to say you're one of those theists who is completely unjustified and irrational. Using nothing more than brute faith and circular reasoning is not the way to intellectually engage these legitimate problems with the notion of a God.

Were you trying to call me stupid? Truthfully I give up now because you morons fail to see my beliefs, which is why I say you fail. I can say what I want without this worthless flaming if you don't mind. My arguments are actually really good. Your just too stupid to figure that out. The permanent facepalm thing was funny, but fail to see its purpose, much like Atheism. So I think I'll go find something PRODUCTIVE to do with my time instead of arguing with pathetic failures-at-lifes like you. Bye.
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Were you trying to call me stupid?

Nope. Never even used that word. And if you had read my post, then the strongest conclusion you could have possibly reached is that I was calling your arguments stupid. Granted, I wasn't calling your arguments stupid, even though I think they are...

Truthfully I give up now because you morons fail to see my beliefs, which is why I say you fail.

You've made your beliefs quite apparent. If by "see" you mean recognize or acknowledge, then you've obviously missed the point. If we don't understand what it is that you believe, how are we even having this conversation?

I can say what I want without this worthless flaming if you don't mind

This isn't flaming. It's debating. You saying things on a public forum specifically geared for this. If you want to say how great God is without any ramifications, this isn't the place for you.

My arguments are actually really good. Your just too stupid to figure that out.

I'm not good at very many things, but I feel fairly confident in my ability to assess an argument. And you can take this for what you want, but your arguments are just awful. I'm not trying to be mean, but if you want people to respect you and your beliefs, you need to either keep your mouth shut or at least just memorize some standard decent arguments.
And calling people stupid on here is just bologna. That indicates to me you feel threatened and defeated and unable to attack our arguments. You can't attack the arguments so you just call your opponents stupid. That may work in 1st grade, but not here.

So I think I'll go find something PRODUCTIVE to do with my time instead of arguing with pathetic failures-at-lifes like you. Bye.

That's what I've been suggesting all along. You clearly can't handle a tough debate. So good riddance.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Lol. By that you just called Atheism irrational. I rest my case. Atheists fail to think before they speak. The rare occasions in which they do, they think the wrong way.

A lack of religion is not a religion.

Truthfully I give up now because you morons fail to see my beliefs, which is why I say you fail.

We see your beliefs, we just deny them.

My arguments are actually really good.

No sir, your arguments are terrible.

So I think I'll go find something PRODUCTIVE to do with my time instead of arguing with pathetic failures-at-lifes like you. Bye.

You resort to flaming.
And how is assuming creation productive, but finding out is not?
Showing 586-600 of 1849