ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255434
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Necropaxx
Necropaxx
10 posts
Nomad

My opinion is that Christianity and other monotheistic religions are dominant in the world today because they originated at a time when humans were mentally, emotionally, and spiritually mature enough to conceive of such a world order that exists today, and technology happened to be advanced enough to auto-catalyze itself enough to reach that goal.

And I suppose Atheism is the next phase of maturity, then?
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

No, Atheism is simple rationality and the unwillingness to accept something as real without proof, i.e. not believing in an Omnipotent Being because it simply makes no sense.
But when you think of it, nothing makes sense anyways, so it makes no difference regardless.
DaFufinator
DaFufinator
150 posts
Nomad

the fall is how we all became sinful. God had "good" intensions. We had to fall in order for us to learn and overcome the "fallen" man. It makes sense if you read the bible......

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The first is because I believe my religion contains more revealed truth.

Ask an Islamic if his religion contains the most revealing truth and you would get the same answer. I'm sure that would be true of any belief.

Possibly we went from a polytheism to a monotheism and now it seems as our knowledge progresses we are going from a mono theism to a nontheism.

No, Atheism is simple rationality and the unwillingness to accept something as real without proof,

That's usually what brings someone to become an atheist, but all atheism is is not believing in a deity. The reasons for that non belief don't matter.
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

the fall is how we all became sinful. God had "good" intensions. We had to fall in order for us to learn and overcome the "fallen" man. It makes sense if you read the bible......

I believe that if anyone was even marginally nearsighted, he wouldn't have had "Good" intentions, and would have made humans mindless drones, but I'm not here to alienate every Christian I find, and I need to go to bed.

So good night everyone
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The entire story that speaks of the fall makes no sense what so ever.
Necropaxx
Necropaxx
10 posts
Nomad

The entire story that speaks of the fall makes no sense what so ever.

To you, perhaps. I think I've got a pretty good grasp on it. If you'd care to hear?

No, Atheism is simple rationality and the unwillingness to accept something as real without proof,

So what about trust? Do atheists not trust? I mean, there's no way to prove that someone you care about won't hurt you. How do atheists get by? Do you really need proof for everything you experience in life?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

To you, perhaps. I think I've got a pretty good grasp on it. If you'd care to hear?

Sure, let's hear your take on it.

So what about trust? Do atheists not trust? I mean, there's no way to prove that someone you care about won't hurt you. How do atheists get by? Do you really need proof for everything you experience in life?

Trust is earned not given away. If the person acts in a trust worthy manner in past experience then it's reasonable to assume they will continue to do so.
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

It's only perfect like that in the movies, man. While it does happen, it happens infrequently, and there still exists singles, unhappy couples, and ugly divorces. Once again, the concept of chance can explain this phenomena.

I think it's happening to me lol.

@Necropaxx
Welcome to the battle, comrade. I'm on the atheist side BTW. You don't necessarily have to read all 70 pages, but skimming past the last 5~ pages might help. As for our current debating topics, just look at our quotes/responses. Feel free to ask for help if you need it.

?
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Everyone put's their trust in something; love, family, friends, science. In every humans mind there has to be something for them to put their faith in something.
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Faith isn't the same though, and whenever I happen to put some in just about anything, it fails me. All that that made me do is become a tad bit pessimistic though, which isn't a bad thing at all.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

aith isn't the same though, and whenever I happen to put some in just about anything, it fails me.

Right but still as humans we love feeling like were part of something bigger then us, that we can trust something with no reservations.\\

Also pessimism for the win.
coldplaya
coldplaya
355 posts
Nomad

i believe there is no god and when we die ,well... we just die.
Atheism was the right path for me and if any other ppl in crowd are atheists ...SPEAK UP LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!!

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Atheism was the right path for me and if any other ppl in crowd are atheists ...SPEAK UP LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!!

People like you make me wish I could believe in something... Even the f***ing flying spaghetti monster.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Oh shut-up. Your an atheist you shouldn't care if someone believes something else and if you do then that's just ridiculous. You don't have a basic belief that part of your creed is to help people "find the light" or whatever. I'm confused as to what me being a Christian will do to your life?
Showing 721-735 of 1849