ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255507
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

So God endorses thought crimes as well?

Like premeditated murder. If you kill someone and the court finds that you were thinking about it before hand, it adds time to your jail penalty.

God has said we should be punished for something someone else has done, slavery (unless it's his peeps) is just fine, and we should kill certain people.
If this came from anyone else you would not consider them to be that right.

But again you can still argue, that he did save slaves. All the isrealites. He attacked the egyptians because they enslaved the isrealites. God gave an uprising for the slaves.

So God took away the possibility of us gaining immortality then and then said you get it "sometime later". That just sounds like a cheap dodgy move to me.

Well he wanted them to become immortal with him in heaven when they die, not become immortal on earth.. Not very dodgy considering thats what our belief is... That we'll be immortal in heaven =/.

Also isn't this interfering with our free will? Sure God has no problem not interfering ("because he loves us&quot when it's something that will destroy us, but when it comes to something that will prolong our life he steps in and puts a stop to it, WTF?

Because it was the only possible sin you could make when your adam and eve, was to eat the fruit off the tree. And because they did this, they were banished from the guarden of eden. That was the only possible evil choice made, and because of it God stepped in to banish the evil...

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

God never condoned slavery.

What Bible are you reading? It has a whole section on how to properly handle slaves and even Jesus said slaves should obey there masters. The only case where it says to out right free all slaves is when it was Gods specially chosen people.

God took away immortality so human kind could cherish life, not take it for granted. One can cherish life and wait for immortality at death.

That's not the reason that's given.

Like premeditated murder. If you kill someone and the court finds that you were thinking about it before hand, it adds time to your jail penalty.

That's not what was stated. It said that just thinking is enough, not the actual doing. Do you even know what a thought crime is?

But again you can still argue, that he did save slaves. All the isrealites.

Illustrating Gods hypocrisy.

And because they did this, they were banished from the guarden of eden.

It clearly states they were kicked out to prevent them from also eating from the tree of life.
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

That's not what was stated. It said that just thinking is enough, not the actual doing. Do you even know what a thought crime is?

Yes but premeditated murder involves the fact that you were thinking of it before hand. In turn I was basically saying exactly what adios was saying. Thinking about it, can in turn lead to you commiting those acts. For instance: I think i need a soda, so im going to go get one. Its the fact that with good morality, you shouldn't even be thinking of commiting a crime, or sin. You should be staying away from it.

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

even Jesus said slaves should obey there masters

When this section one was written the woman had to obey the man. Woman is basically what they mean by slave. It is referred to multiple times throughout the bible.
Do you even know what a thought crime is?

My best guess is when one thinks of an act that is less than good, sinful. Did I get it right?
It clearly states they were kicked out to prevent them from also eating from the tree of life.

It clearly states that they both ate from the tree before they were kicked out of the garden.
savedin05
savedin05
5 posts
Nomad

It's more about your personal relationship with God, Don't let some flaky christian or even a few flaky christians ruin your possible belief in God. God created us with free will's and we have the ability to either ruin life or make something great of it. God isn't to blame for everything evil, that's all our doing. Here's the Irony: You have a choice to believe or not and you can Thank God for that

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

It's more about your personal relationship with God, Don't let some flaky christian or even a few flaky christians ruin your possible belief in God. God created us with free will's and we have the ability to either ruin life or make something great of it. God isn't to blame for everything evil, that's all our doing. Here's the Irony: You have a choice to believe or not and you can Thank God for that

Can you please read the conversation next time before commenting something about "flaky" christians.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

When this section one was written the woman had to obey the man. Woman is basically what they mean by slave. It is referred to multiple times throughout the bible.

It's still condoning slavery weather he was talking about just women or not. Either way this is reprehensible. Also yes the Bible does make mention of male slaves but does not condemn the action.

Beyond the Israelites who were special cases to God there is nothing mentioning slavery being wrong.

My best guess is when one thinks of an act that is less than good, sinful. Did I get it right?

Pretty close a thought crime is an illegal thought or thought that will get you in trouble with the authority, in this case God being the authority. No action needs to be taken to get in trouble for that thought.

Another thing God having thought crimes also goes against the concept of free will.

It clearly states that they both ate from the tree before they were kicked out of the garden.

Yes and after that God got worried we would also eat from the second tree so he kicked us out to prevent that.
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

It's still condoning slavery weather he was talking about just women or not.

It's not actual slavery, it is stating that woman should be passive. We have realized otherwise now.
Another thing God having thought crimes also goes against the concept of free will.[/quote/]
You have free will, but God will punish you if you misuse it.
[quote]Yes and after that God got worried we would also eat from the second tree so he kicked us out to prevent that.

second tree?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

To comment on the condoning of slavery by God.

God does condone slavary for in all natural sense if god created man, and god demands worship then we are in fact slaves. God says to obey him or we will be punished, this is the same concept with a slave. If you do not believe or worship god you go to hell. Wow what a nice guy. How can you call that free will? To me that is the ultimatum of a slaver to his slaves.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Ya'll need to quite typing so much, I last got on yesterday, and there are four more pages, . I will start my conversation new on pg. 94

Ha,ha,ha,he,he, you were on page 94, this is 95. I just wanted you to know where you are...

Hey Adios, I wouldn't have to type so much if everyone would pick a new section of the Bible to talk about. JK,not.

Wolf, you go to the head of the class! To die to self is to live for Christ. We are God's soldiers, servants, teachers, musicians, singers, deacons, etc.....

Being tempted isn't a sin but thinking how great it would be and acting it out in your mind is a sin whether or not you actually, physically commit the sin

So God endorses thought crimes as well?

The seventh Commandment, Exodus 20:14 says, "You shall not commit adultery."
Jesus said, "Anyone who looks at a women lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:28

God has said we should be punished for something someone else has done, slavery (unless it's his peeps) is just fine, and we should kill certain people.
If this came from anyone else you would not consider them to be that right.

I can discern spirits so I would if this human were speaking the Word of GOD.
God gave many lists of commandments for the people to follow, the priests to follow, the judges to follow and yes, even masters to follow. No where in the Bible, so far that I've read, tells me that people were 'hired as workers' all the people that weren't of royalty were slaves. The exception being a conquered nation.

Exodus 21:2 "If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything.
3) If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him.
4) If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.
5) But if the servant declares, 'I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,'
6) the his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life."

7) "If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do.
8) If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her.
9) If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter.
10) If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights.
11) If he does not provide her with these three things, she is free to go, without any payment of money."

Hebrews were punished for mistreatment of their servants: all cases were brought before the judges, not left to mob-rule.

Exodus 21:20 "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished,

21) but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

Yes, this is hard to accept in today's world but widows, orphans, bachelors, ones who couldn't pay off their debts were sold into slavery, that's how they worked.
It beats rotting in jail and even today when felons are paroled they have to wear ankle GPS/motion detectors. There are still chain gangs that to this day are still shackled together when doing 'road clean-up' work and guards with shot guns fully loaded and ready to go, watch their every move.

26) "If a man hits a manservant or maidservant in the eye and destroys it, he must let the servant go free to compensate for the eye.
27) And if he knocks out the tooth of a manservant or maidservant, he must let the servant go free to compensate for the tooth."

32) "if the bull gores a male or female slave, the owner must pay thirty shekels,(about 12 ounces) of silver to the master of the slave, and the bull must be stoned."

Exodus 22:22 Mistreatment of widows and orphans:
"Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan,
23) If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry.
24) My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless."

This is God the creator telling his creation not to abuse others that are also created but especially those that were helpless to defend themselves.

Also isn't this interfering with our free will? Sure God has no problem not interfering ("because he loves us&quot when it's something that will destroy us, but when it comes to something that will prolong our life he steps in and puts a stop to it, WTF?

This wouldn't be the last time in the Bible God steps in to stop us from achieving goals on our own

God took away immortality so human kind could cherish life, not take it for granted. One can cherish life and wait for immortality at death.

Goody, I have a b-tri-go(buy-triple/get-one) instead of a bogo.

obedience
is our special word for the day!
Adam and Eve had just committed the very first crime. If they couldn't pass a simple test of obedience, they certainly weren't ready for immortality. Think about it. Satan is the prince of the earth! Adam and Eve would have to be ten feet tall and bullet proof to stand up to the devil for thousands of years until he gets booted, into the fiery lake.

God never condoned slavery. He saved the israelites because they were his people and they were enslaved. God may have started abolishionist movements, he may have not cared. We will never know. It never says we should kill certain people. You are refering to Gods acts as if he were Hitler, or another one of the dictators that killed millions of innocent people for "the right of their race/country."

What Bible are you reading? It has a whole section on how to properly handle slaves and even Jesus said slaves should obey there masters. The only case where it says to out right free all slaves is when it was Gods specially chosen people.

Please refer to the above passages from Exodus concerning God's rules on treatment of slaves, mistreatment of slaves, punishment to animals,(bulls that gore people to death), mistreatment of widows and orphans and the consequences.

Well he wanted them to become immortal with him in heaven when they die, not become immortal on earth.. Not very dodgy considering thats what our belief is... That we'll be immortal in heaven =/.

Another thing God having thought crimes also goes against the concept of free will.

Sinful thoughts lead to sinful activity. Adam and Eve knew they were free to eat, or to freely eat of the garden of Eden but the fruit of the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, is off-limits.
And Adam, don't even think about the Tree of life that's also in the center of the garden...
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Ha,ha, the joke's right back on me! This is page 96.

Please help me proof-read this Great Wall 'o Text.
I apologize it I left anyone out, 'cause I really wanted to address all similar postings.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Wolf, you go to the head of the class! To die to self is to live for Christ. We are God's soldiers, servants, teachers, musicians, singers, deacons, etc.....

What Wolf are you refering to? Also you forgot me Pg 95, last post on the page please read.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

God does condone slavary for in all natural sense if god created man, and god demands worship then we are in fact slaves. God says to obey him or we will be punished, this is the same concept with a slave. If you do not believe or worship god you go to hell. Wow what a nice guy. How can you call that free will? To me that is the ultimatum of a slaver to his slaves.

Well you still go to the head of the class because God demands obedience, our praise, our trust, that we believe in Jesus Christ, who died once, for the sin of all mankind, by the blood that was shed at calvary.

I am guilty of not reading your entire comment. If you would like I'll be glad to offer more scripture found in the New Testament.
We get the Law of God from Moses, but we get the truth from Jesus because Jesus was God's gift to mankind to replace the laws of Moses.
Fourhand
Fourhand
23 posts
Nomad

Dang, much text. Big words. Make head hurt. Yep, your acts about Jesus there are just that. FACTS. AT least the parts I felt like reading... Whew. You should write books...

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Well you still go to the head of the class because God demands obedience, our praise, our trust, that we believe in Jesus Christ, who died once, for the sin of all mankind, by the blood that was shed at calvary.

Ah see "God demands". You may as well say: "The slaver demands". I choose a life of my own making, to me god is nothing but a fiction created to delude those too weak to think for themselves. And refrain from using "we" for I do not believe as you believe.
Showing 916-930 of 1849