ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255282
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Ah see "God demands". You may as well say: "The slaver demands". I choose a life of my own making, to me god is nothing but a fiction created to delude those too weak to think for themselves. And refrain from using "we" for I do not believe as you believe.

Slaver? You seem to have a personal vendetta against God and Christianity as a whole. Following God gives us full life on Earth through acting the way that we were created to; God created us and knows what we need. Also the word we here is applied to Christians he doesn't need to clarify as it was shown through the context.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Yes slaver. But my contempt falls to any religion where a god demands things. Where a god claims to love and yet confines those who believe to a set of rules which narror their focus until they are nothing but a automatron. Your so called "God" is a coward in my opinion. He demands obedience yet allows you to disobey, but then punishes those for excersising a so called gift. Cowardly, hypocritcal and wrong in all sense of justice. Religion is a poison. It may give hope to some, but in return it creates discrimination, hate, war, death. The world would be better off without religion, but sadly this will never be. It is human nature to form a belief system.

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

JK,not.

hahaha, your so funny, not.
Ah see "God demands". You may as well say: "The slaver demands". I choose a life of my own making, to me god is nothing but a fiction created to delude those too weak to think for themselves. And refrain from using "we" for I do not believe as you believe.

Wouldn't the atheist be the one who is weak? They lack the ability to put faith into anything except what has been proven. Atheist only try to disprove, they don't use their intelligence to prove things, and discover new things. By the way, we can tell you don't believe as we do.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

But my contempt falls to any religion where a god demands things.

You don't understand God at all do you? Looking from an outside position in you don't see anything but lies and what you want to. My God demands nothing of me but merely asks that I follow his plan for my life because it will give to me full life.

Where a god claims to love and yet confines those who believe to a set of rules which narror their focus until they are nothing but a automatron.

Again you know absolutely nothing about Christianity do you? The real worship of God is done through having a personal relationship with him and contributing your time unto the less fortunate.

He demands obedience yet allows you to disobey, but then punishes those for excersising a so called gift.

We punish ourselves. Humans create their own punishment as Hell is a relief to being in God's presence with the the shame of sin present in our hearts. The gift of free will is the second greatest gift (behind Jesus the Messiah) ever given to humankind and yet it's extraordinarily dangerous; it was given to us out of love for the ability for us to chose.

Religion is a poison. It may give hope to some, but in return it creates discrimination, hate, war, death.

Only for those who do not understand what they believe, and only for those published in the news as the world wants nothing to do with anything that shows Christianity in a positive light. For the ones who understand God he gives life to all and love to all.
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

Religion is a poison.

Why don't you drink some, lol, jking. (or am I?)
but in return it creates discrimination, hate, war, death.

So do opinions like yours.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Wouldn't the atheist be the one who is weak?

Who said I was atheist? Just because I do not support a religion does not mean I do not hold to some form of belief. And no an atheist would not be weak because religious belief can be induced by delusion and the lack of ability to think for yourself. An atheist who reject this system then makes themselves stronger, by being an individual.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

My opinions my cause conflict, but at least they are MY opinions and not the opinions of a collective group. I have an ability to consider anything without fear of divine wrath, can you claim that?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

An atheist who reject this system then makes themselves stronger, by being an individual.

Laugh out loud?

The amount of individual atheists is equal to or less than the amount of individual Christians. All humans have faith in something, for Atheists these things are often worldly meaning that many hold to the exact same ideals and have no foundation for themselves.

Just because I do not support a religion does not mean I do not hold to some form of belief.

If nothing else I might agree that large organized religion is a terrible curse upon our world.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I believe athiests to be stronger because they can live without the fear of divine wrath. They do not worry for their actions to have great consequence after death. I know many an atheist who are good moral people.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I believe athiests to be stronger because they can live without the fear of divine wrath. They do not worry for their actions to have great consequence after death.

As I have accepted Jesus as my savior I don't worry about my actions affecting my afterlife but I do worry about pleasing God through my service. I plan to devote my life to humanitarian work for the greater good of man and therefore God.

I know many an atheist who are good moral people.

I can agree based on Christian standards but what moral code defines "good" for atheists?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I can agree based on Christian standards but what moral code defines "good" for atheists?

The human one. But I am not an atheist.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

The human one.

But then "good" would be relative correct? It's hard to determine morality when no higher code exists.

Also if you wouldn't mind may I ask what your beliefs are?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Good is a matter of perception. Same with evil.

My beliefs? Religion is wrong. Also I believe in the theory of multiple universes. Escentially any posibility that could have happened, DID happen, just not "here" but "elsewhere" in a different universe, that is to say. Whether these were created by some higher power I will not argue, because to claim either way is an act of arrogance to great. Not science per se, but not religious either.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I had a reply but erased it so I leave you with a quote.

I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see a universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws, but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinoza's pantheism, but admire even more his contributions to modern thought because he is the first philosopher to deal with the soul and the body as one, not two separate things

-Albert Einstein

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

Who said I was atheist? Just because I do not support a religion does not mean I do not hold to some form of belief. And no an atheist would not be weak because religious belief can be induced by delusion and the lack of ability to think for yourself. An atheist who reject this system then makes themselves stronger, by being an individual.

How are you being an individual. You are conforming to the usual "God is fake belief." That isn't being an individual. Maybe you are the one who isn't thinking for yourself. You most likely read the forum and saw that the atheist side of the conversation was the one with a guy whose name has a common characteristic with your, so you decided to be on the "No God" side of the argument. You are not thinking for yourself. Maybe the delusion has been created by you, you are putting in so much of yourself to make yourself believe there is no God that you are delusional. Since you are so weak at mind your opposing view doesn't make sense to yourself, but you think it sounds cool.
I believe athiests to be stronger because they can live without the fear of divine wrath. They do not worry for their actions to have great consequence after death. I know many an atheist who are good moral people.

That wouldn't make you stronger, the fear gives a christian the ability to overcome it. This makes them stronger, since atheist don't have this opportunity they become weak. Not worrying for their actions will lead them to commit bad ones. Many christians and atheists have good morals.
The human one. But I am not an atheist.

what are you?
Showing 931-945 of 1849