ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255245
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

so youre saying its all gods fault?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

so youre saying its all gods fault?

Er, no. I'm saying it's due to the sinfulness of mankind.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

but what makes a sin a sin?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Wajor, may you please not caps lock the word God? It makes your posts a bit of a challenge to read, because you use the word so frequently >_<

This is coming from a Christian point of view where the entrance of sin into the world created all of todays societal, medical, economical, etc. problems.

Sooo . . . are you basically saying that diseases aren't caused by micro-organisms? Or that a form of earthly life wasn't created by God, the creator of all life?

I see a major contradiction.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Sooo . . . are you basically saying that diseases aren't caused by micro-organisms?

The existence of harmful microorganisms is based upon the existence of sin; I'm not changing the laws of science just saying the negative effects stem from sin.

I'm confused where the contradiction is coming from?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

The existence of harmful microorganisms is based upon the existence of sin; I'm not changing the laws of science just saying the negative effects stem from sin.

Microorganisms are all life. Isn't God the only one who has the ability to create? If they originate from sin or Lucifer, that contradicts the religious law that only God is a creator.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Absolute truth does exist.

A bold statement and what would encompass absolute truth?

Er, no. I'm saying it's due to the sinfulness of mankind.

An who created being with that sinfulness? God did and how could one that isn't evil create something that is evil or partly?

Sooo . . . are you basically saying that diseases aren't caused by micro-organisms?

<idealism> From your point of view they would seem evil but since evil is just and illusion and from the point of the virus it's not doing anything evil it just doing what is was created to do.
</idealism>
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

If they originate from sin or Lucifer, that contradicts the religious law that only God is a creator.

In the beginning they weren't harmful; however, after the fall they became so. I'm not entirely sure how most likely through mutation I suppose. The fall took a perfect world into imperfection.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

In the beginning they weren't harmful; however, after the fall they became so.

Do you have any evidence for this?

From your point of view they would seem evil but since evil is just and illusion and from the point of the virus it's not doing anything evil it just doing what is was created to do.

Viruses are not sentient. They have no point of view. Also, why would a god create something to harm us deliberately? I'm arguing purely on the terms of the creation story itself, assuming that diseases are considered evil, which they are considered to be by the Bible.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Viruses are not sentient. They have no point of view.

They were super intelligent viruses with brains!. No your very right about this. When the original sin was committed many negative things occurred and it can be assumed that the creation of negative microbes was one of these problems.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Absolute truth does exist; however absolute knowledge in the human population does not. Meaning that relativity exists but only in our minds.

Actually since we are talking about sin a more accurate term would be objective morality. So my bad there.

But anyway give me an example.

When the original sin was committed many negative things occurred and it can be assumed that the creation of negative microbes was one of these problems.

How does someone eating a fruit cause all sorts of viruses, parasites and other harmful organisms (many of which couldn't exist if they weren't harmful to another creature) to become harmful from a couple of people developing an awareness of right and wrong?

Thinking about it since Adam and Eve had no knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit how could they judge there actions of disobeying God as wrong?
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

But anyway give me an example.

In a Christian perspective this would lead to denominationalism as we have the absolute truth of God (bible) but don't have the absolute knowledge so we argue of finer points.

Side note God hates the entire practice of denominations but you know another forum for that.

From a worldly perspective this would encapsulate all opinions as there is a correct answer to them; however, because of our limited knowledge we form ideas based on supporting facts and other beliefs.

Thinking about it since Adam and Eve had no knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit how could they judge there actions of disobeying God as wrong?

They were commanded by God to not eat the apple. I doubt they knew why but they were in a utopia and generally shouldn't have cared (stupid curiosity).

How does someone eating a fruit cause all sorts of viruses, parasites and other harmful organisms (many of which couldn't exist if they weren't harmful to another creature) to become harmful from a couple of people developing an awareness of right and wrong?

Things got bad after the fall and before they were perfect. I'm to tired to flesh out this point so consider this atheists 0.5 Christians 0.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

When the original sin was committed many negative things occurred and it can be assumed that the creation of negative microbes was one of these problems.

Like mage said, if those microbes weren't harmful before the original sin, they wouldn't exist. So, they were either created in a malicious act by god or by the sin itself. Either way contradicts an important law of the religion - either that god is compassionate towards his children, or that sin and Lucifer cannot create.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Like mage said, if those microbes weren't harmful before the original sin, they wouldn't exist.

Heck maybe that's what the appendix did. =P

Or a mutation could have caused them to become harmful to humans after the fall.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Viruses are not sentient. They have no point of view.

It's your job to have more than one point of view it doesn't require a sentinel being to do so.
Showing 976-990 of 1849