ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255259
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

if god created all things, how did he come?
did he create himself?

Theoretically something has to exist without creation as we have proven that our Universe is finite. Christians believe this to be God atheists have many theories one of the more popular ones I've heard is that because time and space are connected before space existed time did not either.

Honestly if you want to know more about that I'd go talk to alt as I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact details.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Theoretically something has to exist without creation as we have proven that our Universe is finite.

As far as we know matter and energy can not be created nor destroyed as such it's not finite.

Honestly if you want to know more about that I'd go talk to alt as I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact details.

Time and space are essentially one in the same. So no space means no time.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

As far as we know matter and energy can not be created nor destroyed as such it's not finite.

As far as we know our universe is the only one in existence and nothing existed before the big bang which begs the questions what created the matter and what caused it to explode. Also how could it be infinite?

Right. I was referring to the original/primeval atom or whatever it is he always talks about.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

. . . And no time means no law of cause and effect, and no sequence or causation as we understand them. Therefore, the Big Bang is bereft of need for a cause.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

As far as we know our universe is the only one in existence and nothing existed before the big bang which begs the questions what created the matter and what caused it to explode.

Our universe was born out of a quantum state on a quantum level true nothing is unstable as such can't exist. So why do we have something instead of nothing is because that's the only state you can have.

Also the Big Bang wasn't an explosion it was an expansion.

Also how could it be infinite?

Again no time so as alt stated the rules of cause and effect are moot.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Is this why it's called the space-time continuum? Or, is it called space-time continuum because this is the name of the math used to measure it?

Also the Big Bang wasn't an explosion it was an expansion.

So, is this why scientists say there can't be explosions in space?

Oh, wait a minute, there wouldn't be explosions w/out oxygen, right?
wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

I really like this thread and it does make alot of sense.
(Remeber now I did not read every post and im obviously new to the thread.)
If the Christian God is all knowing and pure good then he wouldn't oh made such corupt people.

````
Atheism man...

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Is this why it's called the space-time continuum? Or, is it called space-time continuum because this is the name of the math used to measure it?

It's because time and space are essentially the same thing, yes. So if all space is infinitely compressed, so is all time.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

What are your thoughts on multiple universes? Since we're on the subject of space and time

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

its hard to believe 100% in science because energy cannot be created or destroyed, so how did it get there in the first place? and it is hard to believe 100% in religion for a few things, 1 if the gods created everything, what created them? and if it were titans, what created them?? 2 if you were way back in the days and had no knowledge of what the sun was or why it rained, wouldnt you try to relate it to someone doing it? i wasnt taught any religion as a toddler+ and its hard to believe it know that i have grasped the idea of science, but i want to believe in it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

its hard to believe 100% in science because energy cannot be created or destroyed, so how did it get there in the first place?

Just because we don't know something doesn't mean it invalidates science, it just means we haven't found the answer yet.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Exactly. Right now sience says energy cannot be created, but it's more or less saying they do not know HOW or WHY energy is created.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Just wanted to get this out.
Science isn't out there to disprove religion. It's just interested in the facts, like Joe Fridays in Dragnet "Just the facts ma'am". So why do they seem so at odds? Well religion isn't based on facts, if it was science would side with what religion is claiming.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

its hard to believe 100% in science because energy cannot be created or destroyed, so how did it get there in the first place?

Based on this law, wouldn't that also contradict Creationism's "theory" that life, the universe, and everything was all created at once from nothing?

Besides. It's obvious that all the energy that we have has always been here. Energy can just be used and manipulated in so many ways and can produce many outcomes. Our energy is recycled through the death and birth of the universe.
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Exactly. Right now sience says energy cannot be created, but it's more or less saying they do not know HOW or WHY energy is created.

From what I understand, it's in a loop, like earth is orbiting around the sun while our solar system is held together by a gravitational force, including stars, dust, meteors, etc.

Science isn't out there to disprove religion. It's just interested in the facts, like Joe Fridays in Dragnet "Just the facts ma'am". So why do they seem so at odds? Well religion isn't based on facts, if it was science would side with what religion is claiming.

I just hope the government will hang on to the NASA program. We have to keep exploring, we are too curious a being to just quietly, passively sitting around reading books all the time.

Based on this law, wouldn't that also contradict Creationism's "theory" that life, the universe, and everything was all created at once from nothing?

Besides. It's obvious that all the energy that we have has always been here. Energy can just be used and manipulated in so many ways and can produce many outcomes. Our energy is recycled through the death and birth of the universe.

So, Frank, why haven't we learned how to tap into the free energy in space, why do we have to keep polluting our earth while creating a desert in West Virginia? And while I'm thinking of it? When are we going to build new nuclear power plants. Wasn't this supposed to rescue the world from raping our fossil fuels before this century got here?

How does that explain sea shells in NC where they don't belong? I might believe the Indians put them there but I would need proof to believe birds are responsible.

Then looking at places like Easter Island, Stone Henge the Aztecs, it seems like just about at the same time an 'enlightenment' took place. Now, just a couple weeks ago I read that scientists have tested Stone Henge and it's even older than 6000 yrs.
Showing 1051-1065 of 1849