ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255190
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

So, Frank, why haven't we learned how to tap into the free energy in space, why do we have to keep polluting our earth while creating a desert in West Virginia? And while I'm thinking of it? When are we going to build new nuclear power plants. Wasn't this supposed to rescue the world from raping our fossil fuels before this century got here?

Because we don't know how to tap into the free energy yet.

How does that explain sea shells in NC where they don't belong? I might believe the Indians put them there but I would need proof to believe birds are responsible.

Those both are a "recent" possibility. If you have learned about geology and formation of rocks, you would know that Earth shifts ever so slowly, but on a 10,000 year scale, quite frequently. What now shouldn't be there was there a long time ago, if you understand that.

Besides. This and stonehedge has no relevance to energy and the concept of it whatsoever; it was a sort of different subject to me XD
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Guys, you are throwing the loose term of "free energy" around. Are we talking thermodynamic, helmholtz, what?

Just a thought, the work at CERN has certainly found methods of "harnessing" such exotic energies.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

So, Frank, why haven't we learned how to tap into the free energy in space, why do we have to keep polluting our earth while creating a desert in West Virginia? And while I'm thinking of it? When are we going to build new nuclear power plants. Wasn't this supposed to rescue the world from raping our fossil fuels before this century got here?

Well the obvious answer to your "free energy in space" is easy. We haven't a dam clue. Next on to the nuclear power. Well you see, there are these people called activists and what they do is go around and protest. Also, this thing called money...well governments they don't usually spend it on expensive power plants, especially when there's still this fear of the nuclear plants going BOOM!

Just a thought, the work at CERN has certainly found methods of "harnessing" such exotic energies.

WOO! CERN! Yes they're all for the power supply of tomorrow. They're also doing research into Dark Matter. Yay Dark Matter.
M00CH
M00CH
101 posts
Nomad

If God created everything, then he created the opposite of himself.
(Satan).

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

If God created everything, then he created the opposite of himself.
(Satan).

I was about to argue with this statement, but then I analized what it actually meant. God created satan, and since satan is the opposite of God, then satan is the following. He is weak due to Gods greatness, wants power due to God not wanting it, because he has it all. The only thing I have to wonder about is.... how is satan so evil if God is so neutral?
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I was about to argue with this statement, but then I analized what it actually meant. God created satan, and since satan is the opposite of God, then satan is the following. He is weak due to Gods greatness, wants power due to God not wanting it, because he has it all. The only thing I have to wonder about is.... how is satan so evil if God is so neutral?

I would call satan evil because he selfishly wanted to abuse his knowledge of good and evil and be greater then God. Satan attackes and destroys he doesn't build up/edifies or creates.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Back on Lucifer are we? righteo. Since this was ignored (well at least not commented on) I'm bringing it back.

My arguement has already been stated that Lucifer may not be as "evil" as the religious perceive this character to be because the bible is a form of propaganda. Many (of course) disagree with this, but I wonder if they simple disagree because they are so bound in their beliefs instead of truly considering the proposal I offered a few pages back.
Throughout history those deemed free thinkers have been condemned for their beliefs. And yet those of the religious community always wonder why they are met with hostility on some accounts. The Christiandom throughout history is one of totalitarianism where anything that goes against the church must be subdued, destroyed, obliterated. The church (especially in the Dark Ages) would have the world, or at least their believers, submit to their creed as mindless sheep. Various sects of Christianity have banned pieces of great literature because it either "criticized" or "demonized" the church. So once again I offer my proposal, my arguement:
Is Lucifer truly evil? How can this character be truly evil if god, in all knowledge brought this to be? God brought about the rebelion and is the rebelion a terrible thing? Rebelions are often (not always) held to overthrow a tyrant, someone who would oppress the masses. Perhaps Lucifer is not how he is painted. The bible may very well be the greatest propaganda in human history.
I urge to to lay aside your belief and truly consider what I am saying. Judge with the mind of reason and not the mind of faith. For reason stems from logic and logic cannot be subjected to the heart, for then the judgements are clouded by passion. Belief is that passion.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Back on Lucifer are we? righteo. Since this was ignored (well at least not commented on) I'm bringing it back.

Here's an interesting video illustrating some points that support your take on this.

Is Satan Evil?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Oh how true that link is.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Hey I just thought of something. Not only does that link support my theory of Lucifer but it supports my dislike Christianity and Christians in general. Double wammy.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Gee, The quantum physicist called a "free lunch" member.
Now I'm disliked by Wolf...but hey, Wolf, I hope this still means we're good enough to debate against?
A debate is rather boring when everyone is simply in agreement, then it's chatting.

Thanks, Mage for providing the link about zero energy, too bad it's too tiny to make a difference.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Of course. And I doubt there will ever be an agreement in terms of belief between you and myself.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

So is no one going to take an issue with what I've said? Are you all (the relgious ones) just going to sit back and say that you're right because your creed says so? Are you not even going to TRY to put aside you beliefs and consider what my arguement with a rational mind? Or has belief in the unbelievable stipped you of all rationality.

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

Are you all (the relgious ones) just going to sit back and say that you're right because your creed says so?

This question can backfire on one in many ways. Are you just going to sit back and say that you are right because your creed says so?
Are you not even going to TRY to put aside you beliefs and consider what my arguement with a rational mind?

Why don't you observe your own writing and do what you just said?
Or has belief in the unbelievable stipped you of all rationality.

Has your denial of what you view as unbelievable, led you to be so conceided that you view ones belief( that are not yours) as irrational?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

You're avoiding the question. I am not so narrow minded to simply dismiss the idea of a god, just the one that christians have painted. And besides I'm trying to get somebody to take issue with my proposed arguement. And my beliefs have nothing to do with the arguement I've proposed and no my denial has not clouded my judgement. To many my personal beliefs are far more irrational than those of the church.

Showing 1066-1080 of 1849