ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255430
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
foxlink
foxlink
270 posts
Nomad

God withdraw from man to make his own decisions, and it also said god is love, thus allowing us to learn between good and evil,

Crashman222
Crashman222
355 posts
Nomad

idk if someone said this allready but satan doesnt even come into the old tetimit for a while if at all, with adam and eve it was that evil snake(which god created) not satan so...

adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

faith has no basis in fact

How so? Don't factual things originate from faith on the particular subject, that leads to it being proven true.
I feel my arguement was not truly considered.

Due to your denial of all other arguements.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

idk if someone said this allready but satan doesnt even come into the old tetimit for a while if at all, with adam and eve it was that evil snake(which god created) not satan so...

However, that evil snake was the "vessel" of Satan, which tempted Eve to take the fruit from the tree and eat it. The only thing she did worse was giving some fruit to Adam, thus begins the first sex joke of the Era of Man. I seriously think why many people thought that men were so superior over women back then was because of this exact passage, honestly. If it was Adam that gave the fruit to Eve, THEN who would be on the most-biased jokes? I ramble though...

How so? Don't factual things originate from faith on the particular subject, that leads to it being proven true.

If you're talking "I have faith that I can do this I believe I can do this", then of course, lots of us do that. It is the part that says "It's all in God's hands now" that really separates the hopeful from the hopeless.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

However, that evil snake was the "vessel" of Satan, which tempted Eve to take the fruit from the tree and eat it.

Where does it say the snake was Satan?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Due to your denial of all other arguments.

I do not deny all arguments out of hand. However, when your only source of "evidence" is the bible then how can I not? I do not give credit the bible because to me it is not a source of true evidence therefore has no relevance. Should you provide me with other evidence then I wouldn't be so harsh.

Where does it say the snake was Satan?

It never does. It's just a snake.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Can someone who has been in this topic early on give a quick rundown of the issues at hand. Because so far I am seeing a lot of hazy claims from the Bible.

I guess, my points won't be too valued here. Because I won't accept any truths from the bible.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Can someone who has been in this topic early on give a quick rundown of the issues at hand. Because so far I am seeing a lot of hazy claims from the Bible.

Well to be really brief there's been a good deal of discussion on Lucifer, I propose the argument that Lucifer is not evil and they refuse to even acknowledge that argument. Recently there is the discussion of belief and whether or not it is good or something to not hold. And a while back there was some discussion on logic.

However, my views are also not valued because I too do not accept the bible as a form of evidence.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Currently we were discussing weather God was the evil one and possibly Satan actually was not all that evil.

I guess, my points won't be too valued here. Because I won't accept any truths from the bible.

I don't actually believe the Bible to be true either however I think one of the points here is to step outside your beliefs and look at what is being said as if it were real.

Basically for the sake of argument the theist should step outside there belief God is all good and look at what is actually written about this being. The atheist should step outside and work from the assertion that this is real and if so, is this a being you would even want to follow.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

the theist should step outside there belief God is all good and look at what is actually written about this being. The atheist should step outside and work from the assertion that this is real and if so, is this a being you would even want to follow.

This would not be so difficult for me to do if the theists would lay aside their beliefs for a moment. Should the atheists be the one's who only lay aside their beliefs then there is nothing to be done.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

This would not be so difficult for me to do if the theists would lay aside their beliefs for a moment. Should the atheists be the one's who only lay aside their beliefs then there is nothing to be done.

You actually have a pretty good point there.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I don't actually believe the Bible to be true either however I think one of the points here is to step outside your beliefs and look at what is being said as if it were real.

Basically for the sake of argument the theist should step outside there belief God is all good and look at what is actually written about this being. The atheist should step outside and work from the assertion that this is real and if so, is this a being you would even want to follow.

So, we are examining IF what "god" existed? Also, I am not a theist or an atheist.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

So, we are examining IF what "god" existed?

Yeah basically, More specifically we have been talking about the Abrahamic God.

Also, I am not a theist or an atheist.

If your not claiming belief in a deity/s this would make you an atheist.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

My belief system is not that easily categorized. But it would be closer to polytheism, which somewhat can be sub categorized in theism. But given that everyone was talking about a single god, we were interchanging theism and monotheism as the same. But... A single, all-knowing, blah blah blah doesn't make much sense to me. Even the notions you have of "god" probably are not similar to mine.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

My belief system is not that easily categorized. But it would be closer to polytheism, which somewhat can be sub categorized in theism.

Yes you believe in multiple deities so this would make you a theist. Which pantheon do you subscribe to?
Showing 1111-1125 of 1849