ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 254502
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

Your point here is to try and imply my ignorance.

One can only imply the impliable.
I once attended a Catholic school, in that time I read the bible, I found no evidence.

If you went to a catholic school you would atleast own a bible. It may have been from the past, or just to show one that its teachings are wrong. Thus you are lying.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I do not own a bible. I received one in grade 4, but transfered to a new school in grade 5. I was never given possession of another one.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I do not own a bible. I received one in grade 4, but transfered to a new school in grade 5. I was never given possession of another one.

There is probably a better site out there somewhere but this one is pretty good. You can look at the Bible verse by verse in several versions.
http://bible.cc/
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

There is probably a better site out there somewhere but this one is pretty good. You can look at the Bible verse by verse in several versions.

Thank you, but considering my view on the bible as evidence I will decline. I'll paraphrase when I must reference the bible.
Dragonz5
Dragonz5
96 posts
Nomad

I beleive God started all things, like he was behind the Big Bang, and evolution and the like, but he let the universe take its own path, let us make our own decisions. But then agian, if he is omniscient, he would know how badyly we would screw things up. But who knows, maybe we will learn. Someday.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I beleive God started all things, like he was behind the Big Bang, and evolution and the like, but he let the universe take its own path, let us make our own decisions.

Thing is even if God did do all that he wasn't necessary. It's like putting a ball on a steep hill and running after it to push it the whole way. Sure you could do that, but since it was on a steep hill you wouldn't need to.
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I would recommend Do You Think What You Think You Think?. It's is a fun little philosophical experiment that pertains to this discussion.

Part of the synopsis:

Thought-provoking questions about your thinking: Is what you believe coherent and consistentâ"or a jumble of contradictions? If you could design a God, what would He, She, or It be like? And how will you fare on the tricky terrain of ethics when your taboos are under the spotlight?

Here are a dozen philosophical quizzes guaranteed to make armchair philosophers uncomfortably shift in their seats. The answers will reveal what you really thinkâ"and it may not be what you thought. Fun, challenging, and surprising, this book will enable you to discover the you you never knew you were.

***AND*** Here is a link to the Do It Yourself Deity

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

It's like putting a ball on a steep hill

Maybe that's the part God did?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Regardless, if there is a god (or gods) they are either dead, apathetic or non-omniscient. The universe is around 15 billion years old unless time is ineffective against gods then I vote for the latter two suggestions if they truly exist.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Satanism, monotheist, whatever. It is all the same because you are worshipping "god"

Vrighty
Vrighty
26 posts
Farmer

if:

God=perfect
Man=makes mistake

if
God created everything perfect
God created man

so
God isnt perfect
of
God didnt created everything in this world

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Strangest modus ponens I've ever seen...

So, you are saying:

If god is perfect, and creates imperfect beings, then god is not perfect.

To accept your conclusion of god is a not a perfect being, the previous statements have to be true in order for it to be valid.

This brings us to my point earlier. You are prescribing human characteristics onto a deity. We perceive ourselves as imperfect. So, who is to say that if this deity exists and is perfect, that we are imperfect?

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

I previously made the arguement that the phrase "God made us in His own image" is not to be taken as a physical sense, but an emotional and psychological sense.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Maybe that's the part God did?

Maybe, but until evidence is presented we can't definitively say that he did.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Maybe, but until evidence is presented we can't definitively say that he did.

Very true. Until some evidence is shown that there is a god and some divine influence has occured in this world I remain a man of reason.

ps: did we scare off the Christians?
Showing 1141-1155 of 1849